Comment

• Oh,big sell off?
      You got any running gear?
      Must pick up them headlights too
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Yeah just big life changes coming up this year.
        I'll have a look see what i've got and can get hold of.
        Yeah they are currently sitting on top of the subaru in my lockup

Comment

• So far I'm really pleased with the way the diesel box works. Not sure how much difference having the Low Compression engine makes but it pulls so well. Just can't praise it enough.
          Took the car out for a little bit of a drive yesterday. Used excuse to take a friend out and to get used to driving it again.
          Wow! Can't help but be completely impressed the way the car flies. My friend asked why I didn't take the car much over 4000RPM. It simply as I have not driven a fast car for so long and this just scares the crap out of me even at those revs. And I know it pulls all the way up to the limiter at 7200
          It's so different from my Field Motorsport eperience where the engine did not start picking up until 4000rpm.
          I will try and get some video footage up soon, as soon as I remember how to upload the stuff from my Camcorder (CPI files) Any ideas anyone? lol
          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• What power is yor car putting out now mate ?

Comment

• Gone down from 530bhp to just 493
              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
                So far I'm really pleased with the way the diesel box works. Not sure how much difference having the Low Compression engine makes but it pulls so well. Just can't praise it enough.
                Took the car out for a little bit of a drive yesterday. Used excuse to take a friend out and to get used to driving it again.
                Wow! Can't help but be completely impressed the way the car flies. My friend asked why I didn't take the car much over 4000RPM. It simply as I have not driven a fast car for so long and this just scares the crap out of me even at those revs. And I know it pulls all the way up to the limiter at 7200
                It's so different from my Field Motorsport eperience where the engine did not start picking up until 4000rpm.
                I will try and get some video footage up soon, as soon as I remember how to upload the stuff from my Camcorder (CPI files) Any ideas anyone? lol
                Looking forward to it.

It might be worth trying http://www.freeavchdconverter.org/ which will give you a file compatible with YouTube
                Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                  Looking forward to it.

It might be worth trying http://www.freeavchdconverter.org/ which will give you a file compatible with YouTube
                  Ah, many thanks
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Such a great project in the end.
                    Typ85 with 500hp, one of my dreams!

Comment

• Am I off the cool list, as my sticker has been replaced with Ashford?

edit: Just kidding. Grats on getting her back on road. I bet it is now what You wanted.

Hope to see this car this summer.

cheers!
                      Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

• Hiya Jyrki. Great to see you still lurking on the site. I was none too pleased about the PRO-MO sticker being removed either, but H had to make some mods to the intake which then required repainting as a result. Would gladly put another under my bonnet somewhere
                        The new manifolds work a treat. The EM has changed the position of the turbo quite considerably though so one final thing to do with engine is to get a custom air filter made up due to minimal space (see latest pic of engine bay). Going to do this on Monday and then enjoy the car
                        Thanks for all your help when I was very low
                        Be great to catch up with you properly.
                        Cheers
                        Chris
                        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Took the car out for a trip down to ITG to get an air filter.
                          As you can see due to the lack of room between the turbo and the wing/slam panel, they had to do some scratching of heads. A custom filter is being fabricated and should be ready and posted out to me soon.

Also fitted a sheet of NITEX as a temporary measure to protect the engine a bit.

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Journey home I went via the customary private road. Tried taking some pics of speedo/rev counter. Apologies for poor quality of some

This is in 5th gear - still just off boost

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• And this is 6th:tup:

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Those are some long gear ratios! Stock S2 is about 26mph / 1000 rpm and that's about 36! Nice for autobahn cruising for sure
                                Cheers'en, AndyC
                                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X