Jogi's New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
    Hey Chris, it seems water has somehow got into the cylinder and corroded it away. Quite how is a mystery?
    Mark is going to map mine with the T6. It's not been easy, but I have managed to get hold of the DOS software and profiles to communicate with the ECU.
    Coolant leak from the head gasket or more more likely porosity in the head. I had a head that slowly dripped coolant into one of the exhaust ports. The leak was welded and I then had the head ultrasealed.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Who made the inlet manifold Chris?

Comment

• Patrick, you are asking the wrong man. I'll find out

Steve, interesting you had this. Not heard of that before. I will certainly pass that on..

Martin, the intake manifold is a dual plenum design made by Jyrki of Pro-Mo Racing, Most people are impressed when they see it. It is the same one I have been running for a while, just painted.
        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• I’d guess the sensor is a cam position sensor, with a sensor ring pressed on the end of the intake cam?
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
            Another little update.
            The engine has pretty much been put together now.

And the engine, now looking rather nice IMHO

Very nice engine indeed! Some questions, what is the double oil filter housing? What paint did you use on the cam cover? Also interested in to see how the intake cam rear end looks..?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• That oil filter housing came with the engine when I bought it. It caused quite a few problems over time with suppliers saying it must be a WR engine. Never bothered changing it though.
              The cam cover has been powder coated. Still waiting to find out if that sender isfir cam position as Alex suggests.
              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Well I have a small update. The engine is now installed back in the car.

Lots more room for a proper air filter due to the different EM. The one fitted in picture is temporary.
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• New downpipe and 3" flexi also fitted.

Not running just yet as awaiting new oil cooler which needs to be plumbed in. Then short run in period before a remap and will get it back!
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Awesome! cant wait to get my 20vt in mine, what turbo is that?

Comment

• Turbo is Garrett3071 gen 2. I,ve come down in size from my old T61 which was a beast, but looking for earlier spool.
                      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Aweome, 3071 is what ill be doing, im just going to run stock management with 034 chip sets. It will be stock till it breaks in and make sure everything is perfect.

Comment

• you will be needing stronger rods. Would it not be better to have that done before the engine goes in?
                          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• i wont be pushing it, but I guess its a small roll of the dice.

Comment

• Maybe not now, but you will. Trust me and anyone else on this forum.
                              You always want that bit more
                              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• So, today was a big day

First time I have seen my car in the flesh since dropping her off in October last year.
                                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X