• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one life project respect

Comment

• Originally posted by jogi730

Ebay.... where else

As I am sure you appreciate, when these 'S' cars are working properly, the joy they can bring is hard to describe.
      I just hope this will be the last time it needs doing.
      Got a few fingers crossed for you here mate.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• I hope she stays in one piece for you this time, look forward to seeing some nice bling pics of the engine shoe-horned in! Followed by a nice dyno plot... you certainly deserve a change of luck with this one.

Maybe 2018 will be the year, Sonic's car should be completing build 4 (or is it 5?) as well and be on the road... maybe... if not my RS2 is in his garage and we're going to get that running when it warms up a bit. Can't wait, I've been spending too much time flirting with a younger model of late (2011 TTRS) but missing the old girl.
        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Thanks for the good wishes guys. It means a lot, especially when someone understands the pain. It’s good to know I’m not the only thinkinking it is worthwhile persevering
          Last edited by jogi730; 1 March 2018, 08:47.
          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• you know it'll all be worthwhile....
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Glad to see the build coming back together.

Originally posted by Ross View Post
              I hope she stays in one piece for you this time, look forward to seeing some nice bling pics of the engine shoe-horned in! Followed by a nice dyno plot... you certainly deserve a change of luck with this one.

Maybe 2018 will be the year, Sonic's car should be completing build 4 (or is it 5?) as well and be on the road... maybe... if not my RS2 is in his garage and we're going to get that running when it warms up a bit. Can't wait, I've been spending too much time flirting with a younger model of late (2011 TTRS) but missing the old girl.
              The TTRS is brutal, Andy took me out when we were doing the forum upgrade last time.

Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                Glad to see the build coming back together.
                Just wish it didn't take so long. Even once engine is built and installed, a few other things will be looked at before mapping takes place. And if results are poor, some changes will be applied before I get her back.
                Patience - I have been but it is running out
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Best of luck with the rebuild.Loving the shinny goodies going into the rebuild also loving the workshop you've got there, is this yours at home?

C5VqbdI.jpg
                  96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                  96 URS6 plus speck estate
                  94 2.6 80 Avant
                  99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• I wouldn't know what to do with a workshop like that, such is my mechanical knowledge. Let's just say it's limited to knowing where to put the oil and water
                    The workahop belongs to Mark Hardy (Automark). I was very impressed with what he achieved on Darren Jones ur. That's why I have gone for rebuild with very similar specs,although turbo is gen2 version.
                    Being held up a little by outside parties and other projects he has on the go. Most bits are in now and one project is finishing soon, so fingers crossed will move on quickly in near future.
                    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Good luck Chris , fingers crossed on this one
                      Catch up for a beer soon
                      Gav
                      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Thanks Gavs. Have mine crossed along with everything else.
                        A beer and a chat would be great.
                        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Nice to see this almost done... maybe I missed it, but did you find the cause of the bore scoring? What was the underlying issue? Also, just curious, what ECU are you using now?

Interested to see what Mark achieves, he will be mapping mine later this year
                          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Hey Chris, it seems water has somehow got into the cylinder and corroded it away. Quite how is a mystery?
                            Mark is going to map mine with the T6. It's not been easy, but I have managed to get hold of the DOS software and profiles to communicate with the ECU.
                            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Another little update.
                              The engine has pretty much been put together now.

| forgot to mention earlier Thomas's baffle plate

And the engine, now looking rather nice IMHO

Unfortuately, due to wiating for parts, another car jumped the queue, so there will need to wait for that to be finished before anymore progress on mine. Understandable, but frustrating.
                              Last edited by jogi730; 13 March 2018, 10:06.
                              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Engine looks very nice! What is the sender at the end of the cam cover?

Comment

Working...
                                X