• 3B loveliness! Well done!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• hello i need help

hello i need help. I need a diagram how to assemble the cables from the distributor to each cylinder. the flywheel has two marks, the first mark with line. second mark with a line and 0

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
        3B loveliness! Well done!
        Cheers John
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by brunoluucas View Post
          hello i need help. I need a diagram how to assemble the cables from the distributor to each cylinder. the flywheel has two marks, the first mark with line. second mark with a line and 0
          You should start a new thread so more people see your question, go to forums select the relevant section and use the forum tools option to get started.

Comment

• Hey mate she's looking fantastic and I'm really chuffed for you that she's not only back on the road but she's turned how you wanted her after all this time.......great work

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyD View Post
              Hey mate she's looking fantastic and I'm really chuffed for you that she's not only back on the road but she's turned how you wanted her after all this time.......great work
              Cheers matey Bet she looks a bit more healthy than the last time you saw her!

Comment

• Wow need my sunglasses to look at that engine bay. Very nice!

Comment

• Nice one Kit, you must be dead chuffed with it
                  What are your plans for getting it mapped?

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck back into mine after Christmas, not done anything for weeks now due to Jesus' bloody birthday celebrations. I don't even like the c*nt
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Cheers guys, yep I am indeed dead chuffed with how the cars turned out, it goes loads better now than when I got it even though the current software isn't ideal, to be fair it seems pretty happy as long as I avoid WOT where it is a bit lean. It looks like I'm getting a decent contribution towards a new set of brake rotors for Christmas so I can get the Alcons back on soon. Once that's done she's ready for mapping, I've pretty much decided on Automark unless Dmitri is over here early in the new year and is prepared to do it.

I normally hate Christmas but I've decided to try and enjoy it this year.

Comment

• You should enjoy it!

Happy Christmas to you, a lovely S2 to drive again
                      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Cheers Andy, happy to Christmas to you mate, have a great new year

Going to take her out for a blast tomorrow morning on the dead roads, best Christmas I've had in years.

Comment

• Excellent work, I came to a similar conclusion with the H&R's after I had two of my springs snap. Keeping toying with the idea of coilovers, but havent had the cash for those atm
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Yeah I'd like coil-overs as well but their really expensive for our cars, well anything decent is, I've been for a brief spin with James in his ABY CQ running on KW's and was most impressed with the ride, much more refined than the H&R's.

One thing I've noticed now I'm back on the stock springs is a reduced level of road noise, I wasn't really expecting this but it's very welcome. Have to say the stock springs are excellent, nowhere near as soft as I was expecting or remembered, don't get too much body roll with up-rated ARB's

I'm tired of trying to drive around the thump with the Powerflex soild rear diff bush so I got an OE equivalent from ECP for about 8 quid, looks very good quality for the money. Might install this afternoon, will certainly get it fitted to my spare mount ready.

It's finally brightened up outside so I'm off for a little blast

Comment

• Yesterday's little blast turned into a 150 mile excursion around mid/south Wales, the roads were very quite so I thought I'd make the most of it, plus the car is lovely to drive now I've reverted to the Nothelle supplied springs.

Today I fitted the rubber diff bush I got from ECP, it was an extremely tight fit into the mount, so much so I had to take little material of the outer carefully with my bench grinder. Obviously it's supposed to be an interference fit and it still took some getting in however I'm pretty sure I'd have cracked the alloy mount if I'd managed to force it in unaltered. Took about 3/4's of an hour to install on the car, found I had to drop the sub-frame at the back to get access and it was a doddle then. Glad I did as the sub-frame to body fixings had been replaced with cheapo hardware shop bolts which were corroded to the point there was very little thread left on them So had a rummage and found some decent 10.9 original VAG items of the correct length/type that will do the job until I get new ones from TPS. To avoid disasters in future I shoved a load of copper grease up into the nuts on the body before bolting everything back up.

I also found that the back end was sitting disproportionately low compared with the front even now with the Nothelle springs, I'm not sure if this is down to taking more weight off the front axle than the rear or a feature of the springs. I did notice whilst installing them that the rear springs were progressively wound like the H&R's with tighter coil spacing at what I presume is the top. So I don't know if their originally Audi or not, they do seem to be a perfect match for the front in respect to ride. Anyway I whipped them back off today and fitted the type 85 upper spring plates I used with the H&R's as they rasise the back end about 3/4's of an inch and now she sit's nicely.

Too dark now for pic's so will take some tomorrow.
                              Last edited by K Simmonds; 26 December 2013, 19:33.

Comment

• HnRs sit too low at the back. I've got HnR Avant fronts to run on the back. According to the TÜV papers, they should be 10% stiffer than the HnR Coupe springs too...
                                Cheers'en, AndyC
                                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X