No announcement yet.

3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet, my rear brakes need an upgrade at some point, be interested to hear your feedback mated to the 996s up front
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Rears on

And fronts

So I reckon thats braking covered for just now.
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Old

Old and new discs

Fitted

The shields have to be trimmed with a pair of tin snips for the bigger callipers/carriers.

Handbrake now works much better which is nice.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Christmas present from my girlfriend

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• she's a bit late though is she not? still.. better 4 months late and a good present than ***** on xmas morning eh?
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            1990 CQ20v
            2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

• tidy upgrades there dude, how do you find the brake balance with the rear upgrade at the same time? Similar to stock?
              Mine really nose dives on hard stops with the 996s, looking at options for the rear brakes
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• MOT Passed

Straight through, no advisories (with the same windscreen that got an advisory last time )

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  tidy upgrades there dude, how do you find the brake balance with the rear upgrade at the same time? Similar to stock?
                  Mine really nose dives on hard stops with the 996s, looking at options for the rear brakes
                  Seems to brake rather nicely, the front does still dip under really hard braking but it doesn't dive excessively. It actually makes the front of your face feel weird if you do an emergency stop Its amazing how late you can brake and how much speed you can scrub off so quickly, still nice and easy to modulate though.

What other options have you looked at? I was considering the same discs but use some variant of porsche rear calipers, custom carriers and a spot caliper, decided I couldn't be bothered with the hassle though. Guess you could also go some kind of inboard handbrake setup.

And the handbrake works properly which keeps the girlfriend happy

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Spent some time on the 80q today, fitted a new timing belt and thermostat, swapped the new water pump over from the other engine.

Stripped down

Important part

New belt

Reconnected the rad hoses and filled up.

Had a not so good moment when I started her up, smelt fuel, clear liquid dripping onto the downpipe.

Jubilee clips were slack so an easy quick fix but I am glad it was found now.

Blanked off the aux rad for just now.

Still some issues to sort through, water temp gauge not working so new mfts needed, replace tb hose, replace other intake hoses (cracked/split/ancient). Bleed cooling system, (started but chickened out without a water temp gauge once the oil got over 60). Sort exhaust as blowing from downpipe joint. Top up power steering and sort leak-pump o ring?

On the good side, good oil pressure, good voltage and no nasty noises.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Well thats a new one, 20v Avant you say, never seen one before... Must be pretty rare?
                      Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• Originally posted by fish View Post
                        Well thats a new one, 20v Avant you say, never seen one before... Must be pretty rare?
                        started life as a v6 quattro avant, noggin converted it to 20v

Comment

• New MFTS installed, (donated by error404, thank you very much).

Filled cooling system and everything is working, fan cuts in and out. Engine sounds nice and quite.

Topped up power steering fluid and the warning is out on the dash.

Tidied the wiring a bit, got the injector loom and the plug leads in their trim.

Indicators and fogs are in and working.

Exhaust to be sealed up and it is ready to go back on the road, the handbrake even works.

And some other unrelated goodies

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• You finally got one then, what about the K26 #6 hot-side
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon441cc View Post
                              You finally got one then, what about the K26 #6 hot-side
                              Yup Working on the hotside, found a few in the US, just getting prices for shipping. Was hoping to find a duff unit somewhere closer.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• RS2 replica manifold;

Needs a bit of work to clean up the casting.

Lumpy bits

I have used a stone to clean up the lumps as I don't think they would do anything for flow, or the turbo if they broke off and went through it.
                                Also started blending and smoothing transitions/getting rid of sharp edges.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X