No announcement yet.

3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would be good to see some track pics. Did it feel "lighter" on track with all the interior removed?
    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• I took up a couple of cameras, neither of which worked properly so no in car video

It will just be pictures others took, what I have found on other forums so far;

Ian's Car

Ian's car in the background.

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Regarding weight;

Stock 3b is supposed to be 1420kg mine is now 1330kg with 1/4 tank of fuel

However the car is much louder so seems much quicker, removing 100kg is like driving with and without a heavy passenger if you want a quick comparison. Would really need track times with and without to say how much quicker it is.

It certainly feels like it accelerates harder and is a bit nimbler/more chuckable, just can't quantify how much of that is in the mind.

Have a look in Rusty's weight reduction thread, he may have measured some times with his magic box.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Some of Hibby's pictures;

One of the wetter moments

Passing a rather quick golf

Ian's

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• And some of the other cars;

This mus have been exciting

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Sweet! Nice flamage on the Evo

Some pretty serious machinery there, was the GT-R being driven properly?
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• good to meet up andy, only got a few minutes watching you. but you were humbling some of exotica quite nicely, assuming the video camera bodge never worked? For those who saw the car before Andy has done a great job with it, looks very sleeper, OEM wheels with porsche calipers, is a hint. more time and dare i say money will make this rapido. Going to "steal" the seat idea though sorry!

My jackup moment after the instructor session... I did indeed overfill with oil as i was advised to put in a few extra ml's. but i did that twice in worry. daftie, never dribbled again after the jackup and clean. note to self, dont panic!

i did better than i thought and had a long battle with a modified civic type R, and stayed with a simialr speed group in integras.. happy in my nearly standard car with about 100 less bhp than you and not forced induction!

that golf if you saw was stripped/ caged and had a 290bhp BAM lump, shows you the traction of our drivetrain which i am sure gave me the advantage on the day. The almera was bananas, mad torque steer, pish on the corners but nuts on the straight.

Hibbys pictures are here
                http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a76...%20Nov%202010/

can i ask where you found the others? i clocked 80 miles of track. but my brakes were getting wiffy after 7-8 laps. so 10-15 minute sessions then a break for me.

drove the 150 miles home over the cairnomount, i swear the 90 is going better than ever extended running at high revs may have cleared the pipes so to speak.

great day out, see you again in Feb

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  Sweet! Nice flamage on the Evo

Some pretty serious machinery there, was the GT-R being driven properly?
                  Yeah that Evo was rapid.

I never saw the GT-R being driven in anger, disappointed as I would imagine it could have been seriously quick.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Yeah I don't think anybody gave the s2 a second glance in the pits, nice an invisible, a couple of folk commented on it going rather well on the track.

I didn't have any issues with brakes, though they did smell a bit after the long sessions I guess I wasn't really using the brakes hard as it was wet.

The 90 looked like it was going well when I saw it

Picture/video locations I have

http://trackscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2303

http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83749

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a76...%20Nov%202010/

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...010/?start=all

And another pik;

And yeah, I think my s2 liked the track as well, an intermittent autocheck bulb warning that had appeared recently has now disappeared, wet tracks are good for quattros

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                      Yeah that Evo was rapid.

I never saw the GT-R being driven in anger, disappointed as I would imagine it could have been seriously quick.

The guy in the GT-R has a B5 S4 as his other toy, but it had something ill so took his daily instead.. Some daily!

The radical was by far teh fastest thing there, it was like being overtaken by a flying cloud, couldnt even see the car but went passed me on the straight like i was parked.

Must ask what speed were you getting at the end of the straight/back straight?

Also found out the lad who was our instructor, his dad owns knockhill... explains how he knows it so well.

Comment

• actaully quite amazed by how many folk didnt recognise the S2 as being a quick car. Or what it was, maybe an age thing, or more i know them well. My urS4 is undoubtadly faster in a straight line but i would hedge a bet the 90 matches is perhaps faster through the bends. was gapping some of the hot hatches through the bends, then watch them gain towards the end of the straights.

forgot to ask where the weighbridge was?

Comment

• Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by istoo View Post
                            Must ask what speed were you getting at the end of the straight/back straight?
                            Didnt really look at the speedo at that point

Out the hairpin I hit the limiter in third followed by WOT in fourth briefly so whatever that is in a 3b box, however I never accelerated up to the braking zone, normally just lifted at the bridge. I was normally catching something up by the bridge, also it was pissing wet and had a few cars pull out of the pits in front of me, either slow out or the guy operating the lights misjudged my speed. So just played it safe, not the most exciting part of the track anyway.

On the railway straight well up into 4th, again generally lifting.

Do you know what you got up to?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                              good shot, cant have been at knockhill, not wet enough!

Comment

• slower, 2nd out fo the hairpin as i needed revs, changing from 3rd to 4th just before the bridgethen brake on the brake sign. i was edging over 90 maybe 95 at wa push. I was out in John Findlaysons white M3 he was hitting 110 at the end of there. Guessing you would have been about that sort of speed as well.

the back straight i was barely getting a few seconds of 4th before on the brakes. wasnt going too hard opn them there as they were gettign smelly after about 7-8 laps.

Apologies it was rory Bryant, although Rory Butcher looks =bloody similar. i couldnt mind his surname

Comment

Working...
                                X