No announcement yet.

3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn right. good luck mate, it'll be interesting to see what happens if you do fill it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

• And more part collecting;

Some rearrangements required

Also need to sort a new cam cover vent as the rear one likes to spew under enthusiastic driving. Is there a minimum recommended size for this? (planning on a 90* bend coming of the top of the cover)
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Got a new center bearing from Pete Reeve at Quattro corner.

Removed and split the prop last night

Easy way to remove the yoke (a wishbone bolt is the right thread if you need an longer bolt btw) ?Just unwind the bolt and the yoke is pushed off.

New and old (anybody notice anything wrong yet?)

Re greased the needle rollers in the buckets for the cruciform in the universal joint. Also re greased the cruciform center.

All done

Go to fit to the car, bot of a fitment issues, didn't bother comparing before as its meant to be a replacement. Stupid mistake I know.

So requires modding

Should fit, however pretty ****ed off as I bought a new center prop bearing for an s2 and was sent this. Phoned Pete and he said yeah they require modding, no mention of that when purchased.

However car should hopefully be good now.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• not good, should tell rok/skull as he's about to order one of these from pete reeve as well.

I've got all this to come

Comment

• All finished and fitted today, the prop cannot now be banged about by hand from under the car, however I am still getting some drivetrain shunt, wll need to pick up some gearbox mounts.

DIY reinforced rear diff mounts, filled the voids

Will do the same with a set of gearbox mounts and get them installed.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
              not good, should tell rok/skull as he's about to order one of these from pete reeve as well.

I've got all this to come
              I take it the UR is getting fully re bushed then? That will add up quickly, worth it though.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Replaced the rear diff side mounts and both gearbox mounts, the diff mounts looked pretty tired and the gearbox mounts were torn. Filled the new mounts before I fitted them so will see how they hold up.

Less slop now, however still getting an clunk from on/off throttle, sounds/feels like it comes from behind the seats. Anybody got any suggestions?

I have fitted new

center diff mount (powerflex)
                side diff mounts
                center prop bearing
                gearbox mounts
                360* snub mount
                Car has alloy rr sub frame mounts

Could the front sub frame mounts be shot? I thought the car would handle like **** if they or other suspension components were shot, engine doesn't look like it is trying to climb out the bay.

Getting pretty frustrated with this drive train shunt now

Also got an issues with the dash/aux/blower controls illumination, everything has died simultaneously, clock/computer still work, centre switched still illuminate but no dash lights. I have changed clocks, and the relay behind the aux gauges, any other potential faults.
                Last edited by andy10v; 24 August 2010, 22:16.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• have you checked your engine mounts?

Comment

• I have not touched the engine mounts, had a quick look with handbrake on and letting clutch up and it didn't appear to jump.

How do you check them?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                      have you checked your engine mounts?
                      Spot on, ns engine mount is knocking, thank you

Will get a pair ordered up, what is best (would rather not spend on 034 ones right now)? I see gsf do them for about £35, or are these junk?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                        I take it the UR is getting fully re bushed then? That will add up quickly, worth it though.
                        I've got loads of g/b and diff mounts laying around plus every nut/bolt to do a complete running gear setup for a 3b laying around.

One thing - the aan inlet manifold - have you got the fuel rail or water rail as your stock 3b one's won't work with the aan one.

Comment

• The 034 ones are about the same price as the OEM ones. Cost me around £100-120 can't remember exactly from QuattroCorner for my pair.

Don't know on the GSF ones, depends on if they are german or chinese!

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post

One thing - the aan inlet manifold - have you got the fuel rail or water rail as your stock 3b one's won't work with the aan one.
                            Nope, just grabbed the aan intake as it was for sale at the right price and I had the cash, I will collect the other bits over time, it will not be going on until I have the head off or similar, no real hurry.

Do you know if the aan fuel lines will mate up to the 3n hardlines?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                              The 034 ones are about the same price as the OEM ones. Cost me around £100-120 can't remember exactly from QuattroCorner for my pair.

Don't know on the GSF ones, depends on if they are german or chinese!
                              £130 delivered for the pair from 034, just would rather spend £60 if they will be ok, guess we will see.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• clunk could be backlash in the rear diff out of spec Andy, pretty common on higher mileage cars. What exactly is the goop you've put on the tranny mounts?
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X