Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's brilliant mate, thanks for the heads up

Comment

No probs Andy, prob catch up with u at the Grouse meet next weekend. Hats off agin for doing this at ur age. So much better that going the Corsa 100 quid a week route!
      Member wheni was 18 (jesus, thats 18 years ago!!!!) got myself a mint 309GTi, while every one esle my age was running 1.2 Novas and Fiesta pops! Best o luck wi it!

Comment

Most of my mates (my age) are running hondas; b16 crx>b18 turbo, eg>d16>ep2>integra type r, horrible ek4 etc. Have to say the hondas are cheap to tune with bolt on parts, however traction is an issue.

309gti still pretty cool now!

Made a little bit of progress, new exhaust hangers (still to weld on an extra one as I don't like the way the system has been hung) bonnet release adjusted, grill in, refitted passanger door pull, fitted Avus wheels, re sealed rear lights, rear interior bits tidied etc. Got an essay due for fri so maybe not on the road this fri, we will see.

Went to change oil/filter and sump bolt is seized in (and rounded with a 6 point socket) will be sorted out tomorrow when its light and I can lift the car higher to get bigger tools on it.

Couple of questions regarding the coolant warning light, I believe it could be MFTS, level sender in header tank or temp sender in back of head, is this correct?

Water temperature gauge functioning ok (and showing ok running temp), as is oil, water level is ok, makes no difference if I unplug the level sender, does this mean the temp sender in the head is the issue? It is also the area I have been messing around in when doing fuel lines/plugs so I could have disturbed some old/brittle wires?

Thanks Andy
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
          Went to change oil/filter and sump bolt is seized in (and rounded with a 6 point socket) will be sorted out tomorrow when its light and I can lift the car higher to get bigger tools on it.

A new sump bolt was fitted perhaps 18 months ago. Blame Steve - it wis him and his pesky torque wrench

Onyhoo - I hope this is all being brought back to what I consider standard

Will perhaps meet up on Sunday..

Comment

Got the sump bolt out, bit of a pain was fairly tight, socket just rounded it off so I hammered a ring key on and welded it up and then broke it loose with a big hammer, my weight bouncing on it was not enough to crack it Then had to cut the spanner to allow the bolt to be unscrewed.

Sump bolt will be replaced with standard oem one when it arrives at the dealers tomorrow Derreck Not going to make the meet as I don't have a car on the road, so I am working instead.

Oil and filter will be done tomorrow and insurance should be sorted on tue/wed next week so hopefully MOT next fri

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Oil and filter done. Unplugged the MFTS and the coolant warning light has gone away so I guess I need a replacement MFTS, where is the best/cheapest place to get these? Or are they ok to replace with second hand ones? If so anybody got one they want to sell?

Is it an issue to drive about with the MFTS unplugged in the meantime?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

MFTs replaced with a new one from Pete Reeve, however now my water temp guage is reading high (between 90-120) and when the car warms up the coolant warning light is coming on. Any ideas please?

Also both the old mfts and the new one have three pins, the loom plug has four?

On a good note insurance is sorted and MOT booked for Friday!

Also sorted a leak from the top of the drivers door seal, still need to sort one from the front, suspect bonnet release cable.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Car has been for an MOT today , failed on a front flexi bulging and a split nearside front cv gaitor, should be an easy fix as long as everything undoes so thats good news.

Car also got advisories on

windscreen chip from smash-will see how much to fix, have diy kit
                  Brake discs slightly worn-duh brake discs wear
                  corrosion on brake ferrules-will keep an eye on
                  slight play in front drop link-will replace the pair
                  offside front cv gaitor deteriorated- will replace

So that is good news, have also fitted a new nearside rear track control arm/tierod thing to make the wheel point straight.

Fitted a new thermostat/changed coolant; temp guage still wonky/flashing light-any other ideas? I am wondering if the clocks/autocheck unit are dodgy as I know they have been apart more than once.

Driving the car it appears to be boosting to 7psi on my £15 ebay boost guage, however I have not checked for leaks/fitted clamps to the ecu boost line.

Boost noticeably kicks in about 3000rpm, has enough power to spin 2 wheels on one side in the dry from stationary and break into a slide going round a roundabout at 30mph.

As the car looks just now

And at the MOT

Hopefully the car should be on the road properly soon, was nice to actually drive the car somewhere.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

sob.. looking good.

Temp sender - must be contacts. Was replaced (new) and working.

Boost: some dude ersed the lines. i/cooler wis goosed, and associated.

BTW - was boosting the most it's ever prior to hedge-fund. ~1.3br

Good work neeb

Comment

whats the tracking like as sounds like its out as with that sort of power you should not be able to spin up the wheels from my experience, glad to see its coming along

Mine had the rear alignment slightly out and it handled more like a bmw than a s2.

Sapphire cos running custom 2.8litre conversion,es cos rims,raven black leather interior and 500+ with the gas turned off.

Audi s2 cooking on gas

Comment

PeteUr-Tracking is unknown (probably way out); has been crashed and then I have replaced rear adjustor rod thing then adjusted by me holding a broom handle against the rear wheel, will be going for an alingment as soon as it is road legal.

Temp sender - must be contacts. Was replaced (new) and working.
                        Oh FFS I just bought and fitted a new one, I F ing hate electronics, check sender end or dash end? or both?

Boost: some dude ersed the lines. i/cooler wis goosed, and associated.

BTW - was boosting the most it's ever prior to hedge-fund. ~1.3br
                        Expand/explain that please?

I have replaced the intercooler, torn boost hoses, I have not clamped the ecu boost line yet or checked for boost leaks. 1.3bar=with or without remap chips? (running oem just now)

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Both front CV boots replaced
                          Both front drop links replaced
                          OSF inner flexi replaced

Will phone the garage tomorrow and hopefully the car will have an MOT as soon as they can slot it in for a partial re test.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post

Expand/explain that please?

I have replaced the intercooler, torn boost hoses, I have not clamped the ecu boost line yet or checked for boost leaks. 1.3bar=with or without remap chips? (running oem just now)
                            With MRC custom map Andy. 0.8 bar stock I believe. Apparently a homefry/generic map will produce similar.

Comment

Thank you.

Garage can't take the car till tomorrow

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

MOT passed

VIC applied for, just got to wait now

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X