No announcement yet.

3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the door sorted and the window is better, still needs some tweaking as there are so many variables.

Fitted the wing, arch liner and bumper.

Turns out the green parts I got are not the same as my car but they will do until I have spare money and its warm enough to spray.

So looks like this now.

Started massaging the rear with lots of help from my dad, need to strip the rear bumper/arch liner/light to do the next bit.

Came across this wired into the sound system, what is it? Sorry for the poor pik.

My 90 seat subframes fit the s2 so I think I am going to put in a pair of cloth urs4 seats, if anybody knows of a pair? Also leather will be going then.

Still got to get the rear seat backs out, any tips?
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
      Came across this wired into the sound system, what is it? Sorry for the poor pik.
      It looks like a passive crossover network.

Comment

Ok thanks

More bodywork, stripped rear bumper/arch liner and my dad began hammering.

From this

To this

Also started to pull the arch and rear quarter back out, will try and get a pik tomorrow, its nice to see it start to take shape!

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

A couple of piks with an actual camera, the ragusa looks really dark in this light.

The hammered out rear end.

So its getting there, good bit better than when it arrived anyway!

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Another trip up to see Steve and one more piece of the puzzle, a set of legal tyres wrapped around a set of 16" avus alloys

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Thats some nice wheel cleaning there Andy
              93 S2 Avant Parting
              91 URQ RR
              02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Should have really got a before picture as well.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

well done on this one, inspiring me to get off my *** and start work on much less of an effort of getting mine on the road again! Keep at it and its going to yield a nice motor I reckon. Another S2 saved
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks S2driver.

New seats from an urs4.

And swapped onto my old 90 rails so they swap straight into the s2.

Thanks to Acidburn for the post that showed the seat sub frame swap was feasible

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Fuel lines replaced this afternoon, old ones were gubbed, one started leaking fuel when pulled out the rubbers, another snapped as I removed it so glad I changed them.

Its warming up again so want to crack on but have a heap of essays/reports due now

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Got a bit further, car is rolling and driving now. Finishing off the fuel lines was a PITA, under the car was easy, the last bit up between the rack and the body more tricky, cut the old ones up into sections to get them untangled from the steering rack/master cylinder/brake lines, new ones were easier to fit but still not fun with the rest of the car in place.

Rear quarter has had a very quick sand/prime/rattle can to seal it up/stop it looking to bad, will be addressed properly later in the year. Put the old bumper back on again temporarily, will be replaced when the red one gets painted. Stuck an urs4 seat in so the car can be moved, nice and comfy, better than the stock s2/sport seats and an easy swap.

Stripped and cleaned/re greased all calipers/pad slides etc, all working (including handbrake releasing

Had a panic when the car started to misfire heavily/slow rev, tracked it down to cyl 4 by pulling leads, turned out the spark plug was loose/fouled so cleaned and re torqued problem solved.

Where is the best/cheapest place to get Bosch F5DPOR? Audi want about £10 each.

Coolant warning light has started coming on after a few seconds of running, waterlevel ok, temperature level ok, sender fault?

Central locking not working, blowing the fuse so need to look and see where it is shorting, probably something to do with me fitting the new door.

Got to replace the hangers on the exhaust, fit a new rear number plate bulb, adjust bonnet release, fit grill, swap avus wheels on and then will be going in for an MOT (oh and find 8 more wheel bolts, car came with taper bolts not ball seats)

Couple of piks

Still a lot of bits to tidy up, however getting it MOT'd would be a big step, moving it in the drive way put such a grin on my face, as did a gentle launch (to ensure it was boosting) with the wheels chirping up the drive

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

All hail the Lang father & son combo. Car is looking brilliant mate. I know who to call for a lift when I manage to make it back for a visit
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          1990 CQ20v
                          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Good on ya buddy! Looking real good there!
                            Feel free to give me a shout if u need anothrt pair of hands. Down in Airdrie.
                            AL

Comment

Nice work man

How did you get the rear seats out in the end? I've got the lower seat bench out, but only half heartedly looked at getting the backs out..

Comment

Noel, give us a shout if you make it back over one day.

Al-will probably meet up with you sometime once she is legal.

SteveD-once the bench is out you need to remove two allen bolts (36&37) that the seats pivot on, (bit of a pain, you can get at them by squeezing your hand in), this will then separate the sides and release them from the middle, if you tilt them forward to a certain angle they will release from the the outside, alternatively if you cant get the angle right removing the 2 + screws (6 on the diagram) will release the seat from the hinge bit.

Footery the first time you do it, takes less than 5 minutes to do the other side.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X