No announcement yet.

3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll be just about ready for sorting the bodywork now Andy? You going to go full tilt and respray the whole beastie?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Noel ---- Goan git yer heid looked !!!! Ah'm hivin tae use the auld 'tufer ' fur tae pul him oot o IT !! Last Sat night /sun ther was dam near 400miles stuck oan it an Ah hivnae bin able tae git a wee keek at the cloack since !
      02 A3 1.9tdi 130 sport quattro

Comment

Originally posted by Nj View Post
        You'll be just about ready for sorting the bodywork now Andy? You going to go full tilt and respray the whole beastie?
        Bodywork is pretty far down the priority list at the moment. Still need to get everything working as standard, (boost and rear diff mount I think). Then things like interior bulbs/relay main beam etc.

Plus as my dad says I am enjoying driving it.
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

haha. glad you're able to translate for the masses Andy.
          Sandy, is he not giving you the keys when he's at Uni or work? Bloody selfish that is
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
            Plus as my dad says I am enjoying driving it.

Comment

Ach Noel --Ah hiv managed a wee run an pit 180 miles oan it -jist tae mak sure it wis staight an no hinging tae the wan side lik Gourock!! Quite nice -its gettin ther .

Comment

I'll not ask you to confess on a public forum exactly how long it took you to cover those 180 miles
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

A wee while an nae heroics ! Ah wis rememberin bits o whit John Stevens had bin speirin in my lug aboot shiny side up an that

Comment

Borrowed a boost leak test kit from Steve and it appears there is a leak from the wastegate.

If the hose that goes to the wastegate is removed and clamped with a bolt in the end then the it will hold pressure, when the line is connected to the wastegate there is a hissing noise from the wastegate and it loses pressure quickly.

I can see the edges of a rubber gasket (diaphram?) and another gasket at the sides of the wastegate, could one of these be leaking?

Any suggestions on what next?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

More boost leak testing and found another one has appeared, fixed it but still low boost, I am now getting 8psi tapering to 6 psi.

Replaced a pile of small diameter hose (bought red by accident). Does the green ball thing in nsr door card see boost-ie could it be leaking from there or that line?

I have swapped in my old diverter valve as the other one I tried was knackered, I now get a slight whoosh.

Going mad trying to sort this out

Any other suggestions as car was running ok prior to crash it would suggest parts involved in that, can n75/diverter valve partially work?

Car is also a bit more civilized with some carpet

On a more positive note I got the ellipsoids fitted, nice to be able to see where I am going!

And have also required a few other goodies to fit as I go along;

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

glad to see its coming together Andy....kind of in step at this point with me
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

are the other suspension tops for in the rear then?

Looks good with the ellipsoids on it

Comment

nice additions there Andy
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                              glad to see its coming together Andy....kind of in step at this point with me
                              Yup it nice when things go to plan, you must be glad your one is MOT'd again.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                                are the other suspension tops for in the rear then?

Looks good with the ellipsoids on it
                                Yup, street density up front, oem blue on the rear. (when they need done or I am working on the suspension)

Ellipsoids look nice, work even better, I am wanting better mains now as they don't offer much more light than dip

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X