Clear All

• I have the same horse box here!
    Chef

Comment

• Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
      I have the same horse box here!
      It was for my sisters horse, I use it for storing stuff
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• what kinda grinding stones did you use on the manifold Andy?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          what kinda grinding stones did you use on the manifold Andy?
          £5 from halfords ones

Seems to work fine, can grind of the lumps, smooth things out and radius bits.

Used them in an electric drill so far, ordered some smaller shanked stuff to use the dremel to reach inside, just hope it has enough juice or an air die grinder will be on order.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• cheers mate
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Tools;

Drill with stone, removes material easily and relatively easy to control, however doesn't get very far in and you don't want the chuck to hit.

Aldi dremel with flex extension Nice and easy to get in akward places and accurrate to use, however takes ages to remove anything big with a stone, might try a carbide bit.

And a few random pictures of starting to smooth things out

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• is that good? have that procedure some effect on exhaust gases ?
                I did same job with IM , and now I thing it was waste of time and money..

Comment

• The idea is to improve exhaust gas flow and hence effeciency. This casting is not great so I beleive a few hours work is worth it.

I am just cleaning up casting imperfections and smoothing out things, I am not radically changing the shape of the runners. I don't have enough knowledge to do that.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Its well worth it, takes ages but V satisfying. I did all my 16v head with a dremel lol

Comment

• Adapter for egt probe (downpipe boss is m12, egt is 1/8 npt, you can get adapters on ebay for about £8)

Got the egt probe in and the gauge wired up, its backlight blue so going to take it apart and try some red LEDs.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Probe

Guage

Done

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Managed to get hold of a k26/6 944 turbo for making a k24 7400 hybrid thing.

Still to get; a cobra head hose for the intake, uprated fuel pump; 044 or the ebay £50 one prj has used.

Software;

Automark £400
                          MRC£??? was about £700 plus vat i think
                          Bahnstrom £320
                          s2 Central ?
                          prj ?
                          porkkis-300e (chips)

Getting a tuner to me would be expensive, traveling to a tuner adds fuel costs but the tuning needs to be done right.

The s2 developed a bit of slop on side to side load transfer, so started investigating;

Strut top compressed, doubtful if the cause of the movement though, got uprated spares so fit anyway;

(I don't know what mounts these are, bought them second hand unused on the forum, but they fit perfectly, no slop like some others have had with the 034 mounts.

When fitting the top mounts I had a look over everything else and one of the wishbone bushes is shot I know they have been on borrowed time as the looked tired but the car was driving well up to now. I have a couple of bushes in the garage so will probably just pull that wishbone and rebush it to keep the car driving nicely. However it means the car is up for re bush

So parts list, a few options for each, asterisk if I am leaning that way

Top mounts;
                          Pro mounts*
                          2bennet
                          compbrake
                          oem

Wishbone bushes;
                          powerflex*
                          superflex
                          cheap ebay poly bushes
                          oem

Subrame bushes
                          superflex*
                          alloy-babmbridge
                          alloy offset-034 (for castor)
                          oem

Balljoints;
                          oem

Track rod ends;
                          oem
                          delrin inner bushes (bambridge)

Rear tie rods;
                          oem
                          delrin inner bushes (bambridge)

ARB bushes
                          superflex
                          powerlex*
                          oem

Droplinks
                          oem

Anybody have any advice? What about powerflex or superflex, any preferences?

Might weld wishbones and subframes when I have them off; free upgrading, get some por15 and join the club Also see about a fr to rr arb ala error404.

This might get done in stages, new wishbone bushes as I can replace them without an alignemt, then collect the bits to do the rest in one go.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                            The idea is to improve exhaust gas flow and hence effeciency. This casting is not great so I beleive a few hours work is worth it.

I am just cleaning up casting imperfections and smoothing out things, I am not radically changing the shape of the runners. I don't have enough knowledge to do that.
                            There is no need to do more since the restriction is mostly in your head and not your IM or EM. Nice job, it's getting to an end!

Comment

• Porsche 944 220bhp k2/6

Snapped 2 studs getting the downpipe off

Other two undid fine, so roast the two snapped ones? Weld a nut on? Hit them with freeze spray? Any suggestions appreciated.

Hotside off

Porsche hotside sitting loosely on volvo unit.

The porsche unit used spreader plates like on the audi prop between the bolts that hold the hotside on, the volvo unit used single tabs on each bolt, whats best to refit?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• drill hole through strong angle iron (slightly angled so it doesnt hit other studs when revolving ), slide over broken stud and weld to it stud , this will give you direct purchase to turn it rather than relying on a nut which you have to attach socket so on
                                Good luck
                                93 S2 Avant Parting
                                91 URQ RR
                                02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X