Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ eric

More bits have arrived and was up at Steve's again raiding his parts supply

Got some work done today despite the weather.

Pulled nsf straight
    Reshaped various parts
    Fitted crossmember/intercooler
    Fitted boost hoses
    Fitted airbox/maf
    Fitted ecu
    Replaced oil cooler/hoses
    Sorted wiring for headlights/indicators
    Fitted dash clocks (10v ones)
    changed indicator stalks
    Fitted headlights-non projector

Started car!!! Was great to hear it run!

Couple of piks

Then to make me feel happy hung this on

(arrived the other day from gav)

My ellipsoids that were bought for my 80, now destined for the s2 arrived yesterday along with the intercooler, however

So a new lens will be sorted soon. Just annoying that they were damaged as they were wrapped in bubblewrap, a good few layers thick, in a box with polystyrene sheets and the box was wrapped in fragile tape and still damaged

Need to sort the window washers, pump works if electricity is supplied direct, however not off the stalks so will need to find out if i have missed a damaged bit of loom.

getting there!

thanks for the various pieces of advice

Andy
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Got the front together just to check everything was ok, need paint now before re assembling. Also sorted window washers out.

Will be getting a paint gun/regulator/paint etc at the end of the month so will hopefully get further on soon.

Lens arrived for the ellipsoid so fitted that

Also swapped some parts I wasnt using for these, needs a computer and speedo is peeling

Finish uni for christmas in six or so weeks so hopefully be able to put some time in then and get her on the road

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Looking good andy. Where abouts are you at uni? Im 24 but just started my first year at huddersfield, doing motorsport technology. I feel a little old compared to most of them lol, great laugh tho!

Comment

3rd year at Stirling, just doing a geography honours degree as it was easy at school and I didnt have to go anywhere, Motorsport technology sounds a lot more interesting, what can you do afterwards?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Picked up an undamaged v6 bumper in green, complete with grills.

And also a wing in green

So that will save me some painting and I will have to buy less paint.
              Also got a few goodies from Noel a while back, including a pair of foglights.
              Now have enough to get the whole front of the car assembled properly, just counting down till uni finishes/all my essays are done.

To do, hopefully over christmas

Assemble front-all parts got
              Fit new door/touch up paint-got door
              Spray and fit new rear bumper-got bumper
              fit new ns rr light-got
              pull rear quarter/back-to be done
              spray rr quarter
              re seal rr lights
              new rr diff bush

After christmas
              MOT
              VIC
              Insurance
              Tax
              Alingment
              DRIVE

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Not much progress, started taking the interior out this afternoon to access panels and dry the car out. Stripped out the boot as well. The rear lights are letting water into the boot and something is letting water into the drivers footwell. Rear lights are an easy fix, just hope the other leak is sunroof drains/car doesnt like being pointed uphill on jackstands for months.

Still need to take out the carpet-do you need to remove part of the dash or cut it under the dash?

And figure out how the rear seat backs come out?

Lots of sound deadening all over the place when you start taking stuff off.

Think I might make up some kind of removable rear strut brace whilst I have the back apart, got a couple of ideas.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

you need to either slit the carpet either side of the centre console at the back or remove the dash to take it out in one piece.
                  Good work andy, definitely making progress
                  Gav
                  S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

If you remove the metal bracket at the bottom of the dash and the bottom bit of plastic ducting from the base of the heater system then the carpet can just about be removed intact. It's a PITA though.

Good to see a car being resurrected, as opposed to broken.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks guys, will probably just cut it out then.

Any other jobs that should be done whilst I have the interior out? Was thinking of running a cable to the boot incase I decide to relocate the battery at some point. I will have a look at a rear strut brace, anything else?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Yr first post states it was a Cat D, if this correct then you do not need to get it VIC checked, just take in the V5 and take it off SORN and Tax it! VIC only needed for Cat C. Cat A must be crushed, Cat B parts only.

Well done for keeping another on the road and not stripping it!!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022107

Comment

It is actually a cat C, I got mixed up in my first post so unfortunately it will have to be VIC checked. Thanks though.

Carpet is out now, as is the soaked sound deadening, got her covered up and a dehumidifier in

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Got the door swapped over today

Got the door aligned, need to tweak the window as its not sitting right.

Just got to wait for the rain to go off now

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Andy, nice work, BTW check the grills in that V6 buper are all open

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Cheers John, hadn't even thought about that, will check and cut the holes as necessary-dremel?:mischeif:

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X