No announcement yet.

3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, its a great feeling to get a car passed, especially considering from where it was brought back.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Well done Andy ..look forward to seeing you in it
      93 S2 Avant Parting
      91 URQ RR
      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Cheers guys, I am over the moon, so much fun driving the car there and back.

Just waiting for VOSA to get back to me now, up to three working days before they will let me know when there is an appointment

Steve once it is taxed any chance of you having a quick look over the car to make sure its running ok/put back together properly if I bring her up?
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Yeah sure Andy no problem...just give us a bell when you are thinking of coming up
          93 S2 Avant Parting
          91 URQ RR
          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Thanks Steve

VIC booked and paid for, got the next available appointment which is next Thursday, the 22nd, more waiting Still at least it is booked. Also will be an expensive tax month for 8 days of driving-should be worth it though

Put the carpet back in as the leaks are now sorted, also replaced the passenger door solenoid and the central locking is now working.

Offending door solenoid lock switch

And even washed it for the first time since I got the car

And the rough side

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Good luck today mate. Hope to see a picture here shortly of a stupid grin on your mush.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              1990 CQ20v
              2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

A better sight for the eyes than near the end of my ownership
                Attached Files

Comment

Cheers guys.

VIC passed, then got the train back to Glasgow to buy the road tax, the car is now on the road.

Will hopefully book an alignment tomorrow and get a trip to Steve's at some point soon.

Off to burn a **** load of fuel now

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

AWESOME! Well done mate, you must be well please... i know exactly how it feels

Enjoy! Alex
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Mac Daddy!!! Well done mate. And in about a quarter of the time it took me to get mine on the road. and about 1/5629293 rd of the time it's taking Gary
                      1990 CQ20v

Comment

Thanks again guys. Feels amazing to have got it back on the road, feels even
                        better driving it!

Car has now done 130 miles without disintegrating or anything falling off, its a lot of fun to drive even as is (seeing 7psi tapering to 4), kinda wondering if my cheapy boost gauge is duff as the car appears to go well (or maybe being driven about in a 1.4 civic makes anything seem fast).

Also swapped the old MFTS back in and soaked everything in contact cleaner and everything appears ok on the dash. Steve has given me a list of things to check regarding boost. Really needs a rear diff mount (as I was told), on order but taking ages to arrive

3b headlights are utter rubbish, ellipsoids going in asap. Car is braking, steering and cornering ok, tyres are not feathering so alignment is not that far out.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                          Car is braking, steering and cornering ok
                          I always found those to be the important characteristics of an S2. Everything else is a bonus
                          1990 CQ20v

Comment

Car has now had an alignment and is now all ok, drives better as one would expect. It is nice to get verification that all is well.

Got a set of tie rod adjusters from Kev (bambridge) to go along with new track rod ends, I would recommend Kev's adjusters, nice 17mm hex instead of the 14mm.

Been to Steve's and no fault codes, pulled a cat off and they are empty (had wondered if they might be blocked). Replaced diverter valve with another one (and fitted it the right way round)-no difference.

Should you be able to blow through a diverter valve? I assume you should not?

Looks like I am boost leak hunting.

One other thing I have noticed, the car will not boost in neutral-is this normal?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                              One other thing I have noticed, the car will not boost in neutral-is this normal?
                              yes normal boosts under load ....I have Andy P boost test kit I can give you a shot of to test system with for leaks ..you have compressor ah?

Cheers

Steve
                              93 S2 Avant Parting
                              91 URQ RR
                              02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Yup have compressor-well my dad does. That would be great, thanks.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X