Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    nice additions there Andy
    Thanks, have you swapped your diffs over again? If so were you able to do it without dropping the sub frame? Also did you get the tools for setting the backlash etc?
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Yes you can do it without dropping the rear subframe, me and s2driveruk did his, its not too hard just a pita and make sure before fitting you leave it on a bench for a while to see if it leaks from the rear seals.

Comment

Excellent, that's what I wanted to hear, thank you.

As far as diff oil as I have never had an issue with 100k+ oem stuff I am inclined to just bung new oem fluid in; opinions?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

yeah can do it without dropping the subframe its just a bit fiddly getting the driveshafts onto the flanges

Seals leak when they aren't in straight
          Make sure you check the backlash before refitting, I still need to do mine, been to busy recently

use a decent synthetic GL4/5 75w90. I use Fuchs GearSyn from GSF, good value

I'm toying with the idea of fitting an electric pump and oil cooler to my torsen now its off again :mischeif:
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            yeah can do it without dropping the subframe its just a bit fiddly getting the driveshafts onto the flanges

Seals leak when they aren't in straight
            Make sure you check the backlash before refitting, I still need to do mine, been to busy recently

use a decent synthetic GL4/5 75w90. I use Fuchs GearSyn from GSF, good value

I'm toying with the idea of fitting an electric pump and oil cooler to my torsen now its off again :mischeif:
            Thanks for the information, appreciate it.

Diff oil cooler-keep temps down on track days?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

New rear diff mount fitted, those allen key bolts are a bit of a pain to undo, easy once the allen key is adjusted with an angle grinder :mischeif:

A bit better but the big bang is still there , lying on my back if I grab the prop shaft I can pull down on it and get a clunk so the center bearing carrier thing is the next thing to replace I guess.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

yeah worth changing the prop bearing if theres any play in it mate

The torsen's generate quite a bit of heat when driven hard, i think this is why Audi fitted an oil cooler ot the DSY box
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

funny, i'm about to do the exact opposite and remove the powerflex and shove an oem back on lol
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I'm doing the same once i've put a new bush in the housing, PF one if just not smoooove enough
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Little Update

I got the car running properly

Changed the mfts and mfts plug/loom as suggested (and supplied) by Steve (thank you again). The back of the old plug was green and foosty and partially disintegrated upon removal. New one fitted and boosts to 0.8 bar and stays boosting properly. Temp guage working properly as well.

Still to sort my clunk, however I have the parts to do that now (I hope)

New rear diff mounts and gearbox mounts as well hopefully.

And as the car is now running as it should it may even get these;

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• I was looking at the center prop mount and thinking of filling the void in the new one with some poly rubber stuff, any thoughts?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• when i used that briefly, i fitted it backwards in order to make it work, otherwise it still hit the chassis and made noise. Then Rob sourced the proper part and no problems thereafter!

Comment

• would that not stiffen it up and risk getting additional vibration? Only one way to find out though Do you have 2 mounts so you can revert top normal if you make a b0ll0cks of the other by filling it?
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            1990 CQ20v
                            2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                              when i used that briefly, i fitted it backwards in order to make it work, otherwise it still hit the chassis and made noise. Then Rob sourced the proper part and no problems thereafter!
                              Noted, thank you. How much was the original part from rob? I spoke to audi and they said complete prop at ££££

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Nj View Post
                                would that not stiffen it up and risk getting additional vibration? Only one way to find out though Do you have 2 mounts so you can revert top normal if you make a b0ll0cks of the other by filling it?
                                I was hoping to support it as it looks like it will tear again fairly easily. No only got one and would rather only do it once.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X