No announcement yet.

3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear your predicament Andy- hell, if you can't fix it, nobody can....and I understand the desire for change of scene- good to have a break from the same marque/model.
    I've testdriven anotherE46 330 Bmw last week and an E34 535i sport this very evening...but in travelling to see the beastie tonight I covered 145 fast miles in my very imperfect S2- 'twas a complete blast...and decided nowt can touch it...(despite the parts issues and garage ignorance of the model)
    Best of luck in the hunt for something fun

Comment

• As per my texts, i cant believe it. I often dream of a nice 'fast' car when im either driving fast in the 90 with my bones rattling and back hurting or driving slow at 60mpg in the comfortable and quiet Passat. Would you not consider SORNing it and forgetting about it for a few months to cool off?

Comment

• i have had a audi s4 b6 break with milltek exhaust,nice car and a great sound
        it has 344 hp.but if i ware you i go for a audi rs4 b7 break if finances permit
        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
        AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Get something the manufacturer will sell you spares for (guess that rules most audis out)

Comment

• Andy,

if you decide to give it the last chance... Please try to post all troubleshooting information/history in one post. You may need to change the perspective.

Comment

• Sounds like you've given it every chance. I remember you posted a while ago, you removed old immobilser wiring i think? Any chance some wiring has been damaged after or is loose? I dare say you've checked this 20 times at least tho

I'd offer to come around today to have a look over if i thought it would be any help, but my knowledge is nothing like yours.

S2 avant or RS2 if you have the money sounds like a good choice.
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Thanks for the kind works guys, I have just had enough though.

I could fit an ABY loom to eliminate that, full ABY sensor setup on the head etc but I cant be bothered.

If it was running I would rag it all summer, but next winter it would need

sunroof welded
                all arches sorted
                repair quarter properly
                floor sorted
                new bonnet
                re spray the whole car
                new windscreen
                refurb suspension
                repair fuel lines
                repair brake lines
                rear tie rods
                rack
                gearbox
                clutch

I dont have the time or inclination to do that anymore

then
                turbo
                injectors
                make exhaust
                remap

And it would still be a Cat C car with a bent shell, its had various accident repairs, wiring loom hacks, and me learning to fix cars

If there were still cheap S2 avants I would buy one and bolt on RS2 spec, brakes.

So right now it looks like;

Strip car and get some money

buy a cheap fun car to rag and get it out my system

watch for and buy the right S2/rs2/s4/rs4 when it comes up for sale
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• C'est la vie, onwards and upwards.

I'd like to say a personal thank you for keeping the thread updated and sharing your progress with other enthusiasts. It's one of the builds that has kept me coming back despite selling up last year. All the best, and even if your next car isn't an i5 I hope you share your future projects here too

Comment

• Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Thanks guys, its funny to think of my thread as a thread to read, I always think of it as a rather boring one compared to the "nice" cars on here.
                      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                        Thanks guys, its funny to think of my thread as a thread to read, I always think of it as a rather boring one compared to the "nice" cars on here.
                        Well I've been following it since day one. The best bits are Paw Broon (yer faither) chipping in

I was always chasing faults on it in the 4 years I had it, always (which always meant a trip up to Steve's in Crieff). You've probably learnt more on working on that motor than 4 years at Uni!

How about a 'Pistonheads special' - a *35D of some description?

Comment

• Here's cheers to a new beginning
                          And hopefully an end to your headache... For a bit

Comment

• Sept '09 to June '15. You've given this car twice the chances than most people with half the wit would have Andy. Sometimes you have to know when you're battling valiantly... and sometimes you have to know when to throw a large spanner across the garage, punt a bottle of screenwash out through the door and call it a day.
                            Good effort mate

(full article here by the way. very odd)
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            1990 CQ20v
                            2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

• What on earth is going on there Noel?!?1?!, Will take a look at the link in a moment.

As above, I've kept an eye on this thread since you got the car and hat's off to you for getting another six years of life out of what would otherwise most likely have been a doomed car.

My S2 has some similar issues but is HPI clear and almost certainly one of the first 50 examples given it's very early registration date and spec, so I'll hack it around for a couple more years then restore it properly.

I'd do the same in your situation, to do otherwise is like persisting with a hand of poker when you know your going to loose.

Get an RS2 and remove the badges if you want to bother new machinery.
                              Last edited by K Simmonds; 18 June 2015, 18:29.
                              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Andy,
                                As everyone has said, your thread has been a good read and an inspiration.
                                I am on a similar trail as yourself so it was always good to see what you were up too.
                                I envy you that you have managed to release yourself from the burden of owning and modifying a S2.
                                Me being on my 3rd S2, I realised I had to buy the youngest one I could find so I could make it a keeper.
                                I suppose you have thought about selling all your exotic parts and returning it to standard power as it is still hard to beat on the track.
                                As you are close to Knockhill, buy a trailer so no more MOT woes
                                Sort all your wiring with your interior in the bin……..mmmm got me thinking now how much for the rolling shell?

Cheers
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X