Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• 4th S2 first racing S2

Comment

• Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
        Andy,
        As everyone has said, your thread has been a good read and an inspiration.
        I am on a similar trail as yourself so it was always good to see what you were up too.
        I envy you that you have managed to release yourself from the burden of owning and modifying a S2.
        Me being on my 3rd S2, I realised I had to buy the youngest one I could find so I could make it a keeper.
        I suppose you have thought about selling all your exotic parts and returning it to standard power as it is still hard to beat on the track.
        As you are close to Knockhill, buy a trailer so no more MOT woes
        Sort all your wiring with your interior in the bin……..mmmm got me thinking now how much for the rolling shell?

Cheers
        Steve
        I did not realise you were on your 3rd!

If I was to start again I would do many things differently, but I also bought the first one as it was all I could afford, and then fixed in on the cheap etc.

I could not go backwards in the power game.

If you are really interested drop me a PM, shell will be scrap value, I cant let the suspension/hubs etc go for nothing though as I need to fund a replacement.
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• I had a drive for an hour or so in a mates BMW Z4 2.5, 230bhp ish, lovely handling car, makes the S2 seem archaic

however

Power, rather lacking, dont get me wrong its quick, very easy to speed, torquey, but I miss the excitement from from insane acceleration, passing stuff takes too long as well. Power delivery is weird as well, it goes faster as you rev it harder as opposed to floor it, wait a second and then massive torque surge to redline. Very easy to balance on the throttle mid corner though.

Dunno if I can handle a nice handling, but slow car, I still love brutal acceleration.

Martin made the helpful suggestion of trailering it to Tonks for a V8 conversion

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• I definitely appreciate my S2's power characteristics much more after driving a few normally aspirated, large engined BMWs recently... it was good to revisit after a long break, that simpler setup of rearwheel drive and no turbo, but just not satisfying enough...

Comment

• Yeah its funny, even a 400bhp M5 seems lacking in that torque surge you get from a turbo.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Compression tested the engine before taking it out;

Cyl 1 12 bar
                Cyl 2 12 bar
                Cyl 3 11 bar
                Cyl 4 11.1 bar
                Cyl 5 12 bar

12 bar is 175psi, so looks pretty good for a high mileage engine.

Compression pressures
                New: 9-14 bar (131-203 psi)
                Wear limit: 7.5 bar (109 psi)
                Max. permissible pressure difference between all cylinders: 3 bar (44 psi)

Engine is out

I need to get the Torsen rear diff off the car, then its ready to go as a rolling shell with the brakes to come back to me.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Flew down to London and drove the new car back to Scotland today

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Nice mate
                    I saw one yesterday with the Nismo aero on it, they look and sound awesome
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• This one has a Nimso exhaust which is brilliant, silent on cruise, but a nice rumble on WOT.

Currently has a Nismo rear spoiler which I am not sure about, I think I will grab a Nismo replica front splitter as they look bad ***.

Nice power delivery, handling feels amazing so far!

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• proper pics please

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Enjoying it then, good lad
                          They are a fun car, you have to be quite lairy and they love it
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            proper pics please
                            It was supposed to be a guessing game

Anyway poor picture as its dark but you get the idea

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Looks yummy! What is it? Looks a bit like a Porsche

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

• 2004 Nissan 350z GT

4 pot Brembo front brakes, 2 pot Brembo Rears
                                276bhp stock
                                5.7 0-60
                                RWD
                                1,446–1,634 kg 53:47 F/R
                                LSD
                                Rays forged wheels
                                3.5 V6
                                OEM strut braces

Nice suspension setup, handles well out the box, timing chain is good for 200k apparently.

Cheap and hopefully reliable.

Idea is to spend time driving and enjoying, still tinker with bolt ons for fun, but its pretty sorted out the box.

Decats
                                Plenum spacer
                                remap

can knock on 300bhp if I want to tinker, or a bolt on supercharger kit is 400+bhp but I am ignoring that for now.

I did look at 911s, but NA ones seem rather unreliable, and not that fast, turbo ones are rather expensive still.

Also just to try something different, I have had 80s/90s/S2s since I was 17.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X