• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The S2 looks stunning
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Love it when the bottom is kept non-color-coded. Nice original look.

Comment

• Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
        Love it when the bottom is kept non-color-coded. Nice original look.
        I feel the same. I like the way the black band wraps around the car from the bumpers over the doors.

JW
        | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
        | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

• Cannot believe how quick the car went from paint to back on the road, looks like they ready did a good job. Ready do like the colour, how it's looks black from some angles/light and then the blue pops in the collect light. Stunning S2 you have there

Comment

• Sorted a couple of things out in the Coupe yesterday.
            First off, took a little drive in the car and about 10 miles out noticed the fuel and temp gauges were both reading zero, I'd checked fuel at start up so knew there was half a tank and the fault had just happened.
            These two gauges are powered by a voltage regulator chip which is bolted to the back of the cluster. Having been there before I hoped it was just a poor connection and not a blown chip. I pulled the cluster, removed the bolt and unplugged the regulator and cleaned the pins. Back together and now working perfectly.

Second up, the rear wiper was washing but not wiping, tested the motor directly with a battery and that worked, couldn't remember where the relay lives, was it the wash wipe relay in the fusebox or under the dash?
            A quick visit to S2Central tech data current tracks section turned up this page, the rear wiper intermittent relay is under the back seat!
            Sure enough, rear bench out and it looked like it was partially unplugged and a quick wiggle fixed the wiper.

The car has also been to White Cottage and had CV boots and a new wheel bearing and is driving really nicely now.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

• False alarm on the gauges, they died again while driving today, so I've got the cluster out again and will have a look at the copper side of the board.
              Maybe a dry joint on the little blue socket. Seems the gauges die when warmed up and come back when cooled down.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                False alarm on the gauges, they died again while driving today, so I've got the cluster out again and will have a look at the copper side of the board.
                Maybe a dry joint on the little blue socket. Seems the gauges die when warmed up and come back when cooled down.
                Not good. Also remove and clean the tiny nuts that connect them to the pcb.
                I have lots of cluster spares. Give you a shout if you need something
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Not good. Also remove and clean the tiny nuts that connect them to the pcb.
                  I have lots of cluster spares. Give you a shout if you need something
                  Cheers Dave
                  This is my spare cluster I recently rebuilt with new gauge faces, odo gear and trip computer screen.
                  I also reflowed the joints on the long pins that usually cause problems and cleaned an tensioned the little sockets.

I missed the voltage regulator connector though..

Zoomed in..
                  Easier to see the problem in this pic than in real life, amazing it worked at all!

And sorted!

Now I can run the car with this one while I decide what to do with the original cluster. It has S2Bo Plasma dials and chrome rings, might return to standard and sell the parts if anyone wants them. Should probably keep the cluster as it has the original mileage on it.
                  Last edited by newsh; 6 May 2023, 17:00.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Nice when you find the issue and fix it
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone