Clear All

• Fat Audi 80
    replied
    They do light up, but most are broken!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    don't think the clock does light up does it? I've never seen one lit up anyway
    i swear my old one 80 did at one point! but annoying you can't see it at night

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    don't think the clock does light up does it? I've never seen one lit up anyway

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    after getting the new rad installed and bled yesterday, i had a fun day of burning £20 worth of Shell's finest and loved every second! the noise just the best bit, even got a few nice bangs on shifts

Then spent the afternoon putting new bulbs in the instrument cluster and can see everything apart from the clock, so i take that as a win as non of my 90's audis ever had a visible clock haha

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    I've got a ctek, leave my coupe plugged into it all the time it's great

Leave a comment:

• benntenn67
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyP View Post
    I can recommend this one:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Car-Ba...item3cc7ff1aa2

It's a 3a trickle charger / 20a fast charger as well as an 80a jump start facility. I got mine from Costco for about £40 Not the cheapest, but it's really well made so should alst a lifetime.
    My recommendation is one of these, also from Costco

http://www.ctekchargers.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• AndyP
    replied
    I can recommend this one:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Car-Ba...item3cc7ff1aa2

It's a 3a trickle charger / 20a fast charger as well as an 80a jump start facility. I got mine from Costco for about £40 Not the cheapest, but it's really well made so should alst a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    after the disappointment of the rad breaking, i decided to treat Roxy to some new instrument cluster blubs...only to find the battery has drained over the last 48hours...damn alarm! dont think it liked me leaving the bonnet open. Now I've got to go and buy a battery charger too!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Ive got to say, from the outside it doesn't look all that great, paint work is really letting her down. But underneath and inside she's got inner beauty haha

I'll try to clean her up today and get some proper pictures.

Good luck with the rebuild, its worth it!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Nice one Will, really good to see all your hard work has paid off.
    Last edited by newsh; 23 June 2012, 18:51.

Leave a comment:

• Tango23
    replied
    Hey Will,

Please post some photos of Roxy... Need to see what I am aiming for...my girl is getting the full rebuild between Nov 2012 - March 2013.
    Thanks
    Sean

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    It's like finally getting a baby out of hospital, the s2 is finally with me in northampton. Made the journey without a problem time to enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    found out what the knock on the front left was...spring retaining nut was about 1/8 of a turn loose! I like it when it's a simple fix

also a small pain that i've lost the locking wheel nut tool haha good job i have the removal tools...5 seconds later they're off! pretty pointless things...

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    and some new wheels
    Haha yes yes yes! As you can imagine, my budget for paint and wheels had vanished along time ago really. With the insurance a little more than I expect, I'm going to have to be patient (and you!)!

A trip to the ring and alps is priority before paint and wheels!

I'm pretty happy that I've met my phase 1 target of rebuilding it into a car that I can rely on...ie nothings leaking, all the bushes brakes etc are new and shouldn't be too much problem in the near future

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    and some new wheels

Leave a comment:

Working...
X