No announcement yet.

Jsws3 UR Quattro money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the lead up to Christmas we decided to strip the car down all the interior running gear off windows out and all the engine bits out so I could media blast the engine bay back to bare metal ready for the new inner wing to be wielded in buy roger next door .

[IMG]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/jsws3/A458CE08-352F-4901-84E4-CCE167AFBD82-10563-0000103BF68398B4.jpg[/

Now with the media blaster it would not remover the seam sealer as it was in good condition it just bounced off so we decided as the car is solid it's doing a good job so far why not just touch it up where needs be and leave well alone .

Now with a nice coat of etching primer from frost auto restoration .

Comment

At this point I was not going to change all the bushes or powder coat the suspension parts but as I come this far why not so I ordered all the new bushes from Quattro corner

And some time last year I bought some koni shocks and h&r springs for the car as I wanted to drop it 25mm or so .

But when hamish was selling his coilovers I was thinking this is more like it I neeeed these on my car but mr Tonks beat me to the punch .

So when I was chatting to Tonks he told me he would convert my existing suspension to coilovers for me you just need to get the kit off bambridge .

So I ordered the kt from him to be sent to Brian and I would drop off my suspension off to him .

Comment

And this is how they come back mint .

So then I decided to get the old bushes out the sub frames and wishbones the easy way !

Until we run out of gas in the little blow touch .

So I took them to my pals who kindly pressed them out for me so I could drop them off to powder coat .

And they come back like this .

Comment

Great stuff mate! Keep the updates rolling! one more guy I need to remember to reply pm from ages ago

Comment

Ohw how I love the look of coilovers and shiney parts

Comment

Looking good, cant wait for more progress!! well done

Comment

This thread takes me back to what I did to my UR.
                Rear panel fits nice after you've drilled all the spot welds out.
                With the inner wing for the 20V airbox, I cut the whole of the inner wing away and fabricated new from steel plate. Took a while but it's worth it in the end for that factory look and not the cheap cone filter
                Good luck with the project, worst thing I ever did was to sell my UR, Look on classic Audi website and she's there in all her glory ! !

Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
                When I was buying the car my pal told me its a solid car but it needs a new back panel and he had one I could have with the car .

So the new one was put in buy jeff next door to quattronutters unit .

And on inspection of the car when he was stripping it there was some small holes behind the rear bumper .

And after quattronutter pulling the engine and gearbox out we found out that In order to fit a 20v rr air box you need to change the inner wing as its different to the mb .

So what did toms brother do cut it out and make his own with mk1 ford focus wheel liners .

The old engine

Comment

So It was time to start getting engine parts together .
                  Reverse inlet manifold
                  044 pump
                  Exhaust manifold
                  Gt3076 now sold and replaced with gtx3071
                  Short shift kit
                  034 height out put coils
                  Bambridge engine mounts & gearbox mounts

Old turbo 3076 and the new one gtx3071

Comment

I had the original wheels powder coated and what a nightmare to get 215 50 15 tyres and always loved bbs rs wheels on a ur but they are like rocking horse poo WHEN these popped up

They are 16" 8j et24 from Audi 200 Quattro so I couldn't say no .

Comment

fantastic wheels mate

Comment

I recognise all that stuff.....

Jeff was doing some to it when I was there the other day so its coming along slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
                          So It was time to start getting engine parts together .
                          Reverse inlet manifold
                          044 pump
                          Exhaust manifold
                          Gt3076 now sold and replaced with gtx3071
                          Short shift kit
                          034 height out put coils
                          Bambridge engine mounts & gearbox mounts

Old turbo 3076 and the new one gtx3071

photo may be a bit misleading but makes you think the GT is not a 3076 but a 3071 itself looking at the size of the compressor wheel. On the 3076 the wheel should be larger than the GTX one!

im sure its just a photo illusion

Comment

Amazing build.! One of my favourite cars.

Best

Comment

Did you get your EM from kriskis on the forum? Looks great! looking forward to more updates

Comment

Originally posted by campbellWS View Post
                                Did you get your EM from kriskis on the forum? Looks great! looking forward to more updates
                                I did mate its really well made

Comment

Working...
                                X