No announcement yet.

Refurbing Audi RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No RS2 weren't approved in the USA, S2's were, which is why RS2 America thread begins with a S2 imported.

I couldn't find quickly when UK - probably EU rules came in.

Comment

• http://www.autototal.ro/dmdocuments/...hr%20Hella.pdf

Here it lists the Avant rs2 1994-5 as being R134a system.

edit btw if you get so far and your pipe work leaks, ( they do this ) these guys fixed my leaky pipe as the pipes were not available IIRC, or silly expensive

http://www.bee-cool-aircon.co.uk/ac-pipe-repairs/

Comment

• Thanks! An air con guy in Gravesend recommended by Four Rings as well. He might be able to advise.

Comment

• Just had a quote for a full, custom stainless steel exhaust with cats for the RS2 from Vortex Exhaust Technology in Essex.

ÂŁ650 incl fitting for the following:
          - One stainless steel Raceflo unit
          - One 3flo stainless steel muffler (noise levels)
          - All fixtures and fitting from 304 grade stainless steel.
          - A choice of tail pipe

"The system is guaranteed for life. The system will improve your bhp and torque by around 10%. You will also see a reduction in fuel consumption of around 10%."

Car is now booked in for chassis alignment check next week with JJA Coachworks out near Hangar Lane, in West London.

Comment

• That's very cheap
            S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• I thought so!!

Comment

• I took the car over to the coachworks in West London this morning. Will be interested to see how much of an improvement they make to the following:

Comment

• Originally posted by RudeCherub View Post
                  No RS2 weren't approved in the USA, S2's were, which is why RS2 America thread begins with a S2 imported.
                  Sorry. Wrong. Neither the S2 or the RS2 were ever imported officially into the USA by Audi. They won't be legal until the US 25 year rule kicks in. (The first 1990 S2 3B coupes will be qualifying in September this year (2015), the first RS2s not until March 2019 - it's 25 years to the month).
                  RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by RudeCherub View Post
                    My RS2 1995 has a non cfc air-con system ie HFC-134a. IIRC, because it was something the garage checked when I had the system refurbed. Best I can google is that in the USA all cars from 1995 had to have HFC-134a, and some cars had it from 1992. Someone may know more?
                    All RS2s with air con have R134a.

The UrS4s had R12 during the 92 model year and for a very very short period in August 1992 and then all 1993 Model year and later UrS4s and UrS6s had R134a.

You can tell at a glance whether the car is R12 or R134a by looking at the top of the A/C condenser. R12 is bumpy, R134a is smooth.

R12:

R134a

[/QUOTE]

Comment

• except that all S2/RS2 condensors look like your "bumpy" R12 type
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        except that all S2/RS2 condensors look like your "bumpy" R12 type
                        Hmm...I did NOT know that. I need to check my photo archives (can't walk down the street here and check a neighbour's RS2 (only 2 in "town" of 2.5 million folks in Greater Vancouver).

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                          Hmm...I did NOT know that. I need to check my photo archives (can't walk down the street here and check a neighbour's RS2 (only 2 in "town" of 2.5 million folks in Greater Vancouver).
                          Just checked my RS2 photos and found that what I thought was the R134a condenser was the auxiliary extra radiator. On that basis, I just I have NEVER actually seen an RS2 A/C condenser, presumably it is behind the extra radiator? Kate, my friendly parts person, isn't much help regarding the location but she does show a bumpy A/C condenser (standing vertically??)

Comment

• It sits on the front of the main rad:

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

It sits on the front of the main rad:
                              Thanks Error. NOW I know why I never saw the RS2 (and probably S2) A/C condenser before, it was under the OE radiator cover/duct.

Comment

It sits on the front of the main rad:

Wow, that is a scrupulously clean engine bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X