Titanium Grey S4 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
    Right click is fitted Is it normal that there is a slight delay when unlocking the car? A bit annoying tbh.
    Define slight? I just went out and checked mine. Maybe a half a second. But nowhere near annoying. Either there is a jumper setting on the Right Click that you could move or the pump in your locking module is not 100% or you have a leak in the locking system hoses that makes getting a vacuum going a challenge for the pump. See the diagram below. I think your jumpers must be set at 3.5 seconds, not 0.5 seconds.

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
    Hazard lights working like a treat, and windows close when car is locked. Well happy about this one
    Well here is your chance to school me. I didn't hook up the 20 sec window close circuit because I have a two connector central locking module and I couldn't 100% confirm the wire to from the central locking module to the window control module. It's not T16/8 on mine.

The hazard lights I didn't even try to figure out so I really would like to know what you did there.

See below:

Attached Files
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Cool Job , wish I was as technically minded as you
      sigpic
      Cab 2.3E
      90q
      URS6

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        Define slight? I just went out and checked mine. Maybe a half a second. But nowhere near annoying. Either there is a jumper setting on the Right Click that you could move or the pump in your locking module is not 100% or you have a leak in the locking system hoses that makes getting a vacuum going a challenge for the pump. See the diagram below. I think your jumpers must be set at 3.5 seconds, not 0.5 seconds.

Well here is your chance to school me. I didn't hook up the 20 sec window close circuit because I have a two connector central locking module and I couldn't 100% confirm the wire to from the central locking module to the window control module. It's not T16/8 on mine.

The hazard lights I didn't even try to figure out so I really would like to know what you did there.

See below:
        I connected window rising output to T16/8, but as you said you don't have it, so I am not entirely sure. And indicator light to Black/Green on T6/6.

I like the fact that windows close without a need to hold button pressed, and if you do need to leave windows open just lock car using key and windows stay open.

Originally posted by slacky View Post
        Cool Job , wish I was as technically minded as you
        It really isn't that bad once you look at it, and Dave's information in post #625/626 is superb.
        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Coming home today noticed squeaky noise coming from passenger side when steering? Seems to be coming from outside, but can't see anything wrong, any pointers?
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Getting this noise when turning wheel to the left only? Any ideas?

At 13 seconds
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• maybe its just wrong tire size? or the struts bearings or rubber defense on them?
              Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
              Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
              Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Spyform View Post
                maybe its just wrong tire size? or the struts bearings or rubber defense on them?
                Had these tyres on 2 S4's and no problem. I'm thinking strut bearing as well, I can feel it on the steering wheel as well. I'll remove the top mount nut see what state is mount in.
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Had these tyres on 2 S4's and no problem. .
                  It isn't just the tire size that comes into play here, it is the ET and width of the wheel. E.g. for the same wheel width, ET45 is closer into the strut than ET35. For the same ET, say ET 40, an 8 inch wide wheel is closer to the strut spring than a 7 inch wheel.

I think the combo of tire and wheel width and ET is causing an inside tire edge to rub on something, e.g. the wheel well liner.

Comment

• It's not tyres. Had these wheels+tyres on my first S4 for a year, and now it's been a year on this S4. They can't just suddenly start rubbing. And sometimes it's fine, sometime it's just unbearable.
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

It's not tyres. Had these wheels+tyres on my first S4 for a year, and now it's been a year on this S4. They can't just suddenly start rubbing. And sometimes it's fine, sometime it's just unbearable.
                      Is one wheel bent?

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                        Is one wheel bent?
                        Not that I know off. Ride is as smooth, no wobbles, can't feel anything on the wheel either. Could it be shock absorber, as mine are a bit on non existent side
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• U just need a partner there to listen that sound, when u make it like in video)
                          Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
                          Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
                          Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Spyform View Post
                            U just need a partner there to listen that sound, when u make it like in video)
                            I will get someone to turn the wheel and see if I can find where it comes from exactly.
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Finally "high fuel cost" worries have been dealt with She runs as good if not better on LPG, need to fit wide-band still, but that'll come a little later.

'93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Half price fuel is cool [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X