No announcement yet.

Titanium Grey S4 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost gauge fitted where oil temperature used to live. AFR gauge will be much harder to fit, but I'm sure I'll manage it.

'93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• And here is is AFR gauge fitted

'93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Discovered today that throttle positioning sensor is throwing a code out. Cleared codes, pressed throttle and code was back. 60 mile round trip (Barnsley to Leeds to Barnsley) and spare sensor fitted, no more code.

Glad I discovered this today. Have MOT tomorrow, so emissions would've been high, and also fitting wideband to calibrate LPG properly
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Failed MOT first time round on rear tyres and a hole in the rear suspension arm. After trying to chase down a welder, I got fed up and bought a myself a little gasless welding machine and dad did the welding for me. Not the most brilliant job, but I was pressed for time.

Also have bought pair of Hankook Ventus v12 evo2 tyres to match front.
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Top job

Comment

• Yeah,agree with Rikki,top job Janis!
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Thanks guys MOT retake at 3 so fingers crossed.
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Had a closer look at the subframe, whoever had the car it was on put on Audi OEM front subframe bushes, ARB bushes and both control arms, so all that is going straight onto my car after a good clean and coat of underbody sealant.

Don't fix what's not broken.
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Is that the subframe you bought from Banbury?
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                      Is that the subframe you bought from Banbury?
                      yeap, that's the one I got from Colesy.

Just called up about prices, and front subframe bushes are 52 a piece, rear are 105 a piece and gearbox mount is 67 a piece. Need to look up Lemforder as Audi is steep
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                        yeap, that's the one I got from Colesy.

Just called up about prices, and front subframe bushes are 52 a piece, rear are 105 a piece and gearbox mount is 67 a piece. Need to look up Lemforder as Audi is steep

Will be interesting to see if Lemforder do them and how much. Audi's pricing for these cars is Rang Audi last week for AAN exhaust valves.Nla but last price in 2014 was £27.00 each

So has Colesy's subframe got new bushes from the previous owner on it?
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                          Will be interesting to see if Lemforder do them and how much. Audi's pricing for these cars is Rang Audi last week for AAN exhaust valves.Nla but last price in 2014 was £27.00 each

So has Colesy's subframe got new bushes from the previous owner on it?
                          £27 each

I'd like to think so, they are not damaged at all, they are very soft and clean. There is now way 20 year old bushes are that good. They have all Audi symbols and PN's on them so they're definitely Audi's. Control arms I think go into hundreds of pounds too. Bought it for 30 quid, BARGAIN!!!

Might even get Febi, they are very nicely priced, and it is Bilstein Group...so I am sure they're good quality. Never had problems before.
                          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                            £27 each

I'd like to think so, they are not damaged at all, they are very soft and clean. There is now way 20 year old bushes are that good. They have all Audi symbols and PN's on them so they're definitely Audi's. Control arms I think go into hundreds of pounds too. Bought it for 30 quid, BARGAIN!!!

Might even get Febi, they are very nicely priced, and it is Bilstein Group...so I am sure they're good quality. Never had problems before.
                            You do very well there Janis.

Trust me on this.........buy lemforder over anything else. Dave URS4boy will tell you that too. Couple weeks back i bought lemforder LCA arms outer bushes and they are stamped exactly the same as audi parts! I have genuine Audi here and lemforder and they are the same on the outer bushes for the LCA's!!!!!!
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Quick Google and eBay.de search and couldn't find 1 lemforder part I need, and if they cost 5 times Febi price, I don't believe it to be 5 times better.
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Doing some little bits and bobs while saving money up for big stuff.

Finally found use for the hole that only collects dust, wired in some USB ports to charge phones.

Also managed to sort out all the rattling in the car....I can't hear **** over this.

It's not all good though, I've noticed that throttle doesn't work properly. When you want to rev it, it wants to stall before picking up revs. Check the video.
                                Attached Files
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X