Titanium Grey S4 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    Sorry to tell you but you are a long way from fitting a boost gauge in that location. It's only been done with two other non-C4 UrS gauges.
    Don't see the problem tbh, will need to live without OEM aux gauges, but this fits in there like a glove. Have a spare speedo which will be used for parts. My AFR gauge is going next to it.
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
      but this fits in there like a glove.
      That is because the OE auxilliary gauges were made by VDO and based on 52 mm VDO gauges, hence the holes are for 52 mm gauges.

Good luck.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

That is because the OE auxilliary gauges were made by VDO and based on 52 mm VDO gauges, hence the holes are for 52 mm gauges.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Boost gauge fits very well in oil temperature gauge, AFR gauge will be tricky but I'll manage.

btw, you wouldn't know which wire does what for clock? I assume there is +12v ground and siganl to set it?
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

btw, you wouldn't know which wire does what for clock? I assume there is +12v ground and signal to set it?
          LOL. I wish. I started a project to swap 200 20Vt gauges into an UrS4 and I could never get the proper wiring diagrams. When I actually tried it, it failed.

The starting point: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/304202.phtml

The failure point: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/307449.phtml

Problem is I don't believe this diagram (which I coloured):

Comment

• Injecotrs doesn't seem to be leaking, but I put spare set I had in to see if that helps. Today it was blue smoke only, so I assume it's oil, but valve seals are new Any ideas?
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Injecotrs doesn't seem to be leaking, but I put spare set I had in to see if that helps. Today it was blue smoke only, so I assume it's oil, but valve seals are new Any ideas?
              Does the spare set leak?

Comment

Does the spare set leak?

I've put them in now, leave them till tomorrow and try then.
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Just started her up, no blue smoke, but kicks out black, and did a quick video and one side of the exhaust seems to be blocked.
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Valve stem seals only really stop oil running down the stems when the engine is shut down.
                    If you have blue smoke on idle only I would suspect worn exhaust valve guides or blocked PCV system.
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I had the head off at the start of the year and valve guides were not very worn. What could cause PCV blockage?

Blocked exhaust would also explain sluggishness at higher loads.
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• You can see some black smoke slightly but it's clear that one side of the exhaust isn't doing its job

'93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• AAN/ABY/ADU Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) System with revised diagram, PNs and

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                          What could cause PCV blockage?
                          Years of lack of maintenance.

Mike74 on the S2Forum was having missing/hesitation issues with his RS2. He did a boost leak test and found issues with a failed one-way PCV ball valve and the pressure regulating valve. He replaced both and now things are good. He dissected the pressure regulating valve and found that it was very coked/oiled up inside. This probably suggests that periodic (every 2 years??) removal of the pressure regulating valve and cleaning it inside with solvent would be a good idea.

Item 3 below:

REFERENCE:

AAN/ABY/ADU Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) System with revised diagram, PNs and Links:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22506.phtml

Comment

• Last summer I had all the pipework off and it was all washed and cleaned and washed again.
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Last summer I had all the pipework off and it was all washed and cleaned and washed again.
                              Some of that "smoke" in the video isn't smoke, its water vapour, i.e. nothing to worry about.

Assuming nothing bad has happened since you cleaned and maintained the PCV system, you might want to determine whether one or more of your catalytic converters is plugged, causing a back pressure.

Comment

• Your silencer has fallen to bits inside

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X