• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
    Just that you don't want it too rich on lpg

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk
    I see. Lpg runs lambda 0.9

Originally posted by mdz View Post
    Get rid of those foam pieces at the top of wheel arches. They're the reason why wings rust there.
    All rust was cleaned, and cleaned again, metal treated and all sprayed with thick layer of underbody sealant, I did forget to put it back on one side, what they're for? Couldn't figure it out
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Might be some sort of vibration dampening or something like that but in reality wet and dirt collects there, never dries and wing rusts from inside out. Don't know about UK climate, but here it's pretty hard to find decent C4 wings because of this - most of them are rusted at the top.

Comment

• You'll be surprised how bad cars rust in UK. My Latvian A100 wasn't as rusty as my UK S4 is under the car.
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Service is coming up. Looking at using 10w40 but can't decide between Fuchs Titan SYN or Castrol Magnatec. I know you can't really go wrong with Castrol, but what you guys think of Fuchs?
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Fuchs is quality & OEM fill on a lot of German metal.

Magnatec isn't even fully synthetic....
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
              Service is coming up. Looking at using 10w40 but can't decide between Fuchs Titan SYN or Castrol Magnatec. I know you can't really go wrong with Castrol, but what you guys think of Fuchs?
              Both are semi synthetic. I'd go fully synthetic if you can, especially if it's driven remotely hard. Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10w 50 Ester Synthetic is the oil of choice for many! Alternatively, ask Oilman (Opie Oils) for a recommendation.
              '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin's S4 View Post
                Both are semi synthetic. I'd go fully synthetic if you can, especially if it's driven remotely hard. Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10w 50 Ester Synthetic is the oil of choice for many! Alternatively, ask Oilman (Opie Oils) for a recommendation.
                It's my daily, so don't really drive it hard hard, few mad moments and that's all. Asked Oilman and he said either 10W40 or 5W40.

Both are Semi's Alex.
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin's S4 View Post
                  Good to know that they know their products then

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-984-fuch...ngine-oil.aspx

Fuchs Titan Super Syn is fully synthetic. Its says it in big bold letters on the bottle and on their own website. I use that in the S4 which is a daily hack.

I use Pro Race 10w 50 in the coupe, as it get a good hiding every time I drive it, but it is quite expensive at £50 for 5L.
                  Last edited by Error404; 9 September 2016, 14:39.
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Thanks Alex, I have 5w40 at the moment, and the Fuchs you posted are priced very well too, might just stick with that.

I was talking about this one.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-98461-f...&FitmentNotes=
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• I don't thrash my cars Janis even remotely but i can tell you will really notice the difference when using Fuch Titan Pro race 5w -40 ester based oil. I read it on the forum and was sceptical but decided to have a go and i've nothing but praise for it. Your engine, however you use it, will kiss you overtime you turn the key! Money well spent imho!

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                      96 URS6 plus speck estate
                      94 2.6 80 Avant
                      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                        I don't thrash my cars Janis even remotely but i can tell you will really notice the difference when using Fuch Titan Pro race 5w -40 ester based oil. I read it on the forum and was sceptical but decided to have a go and i've nothing but praise for it. Your engine, however you use it, will kiss you overtime you turn the key!

I'll have a look
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I'll have a look
                          You misunderstand me most likely .........i drive the S6 fast but very rarely above 4 - 4.5k,there really is no need, the turbo does all the work, just change gear for more fat on boost pull. Going to 6k and 7k as you see in the youtube clips is madness to me.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• I was thinking, why do you need S6 if you don't drive it properly. I don't think I pull mine more than 4-4.5k tbh.
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I was thinking, why do you need S6 if you don't drive it properly. I don't think I pull mine more than 4-4.5k tbh.
                              So even you don't drive yours properly I like the ride and handling, the looks, the S6 cachet but don't see the point of thrashing it as torque drops off,and i'm a torque fan!

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• When you said you don't drive it hard, I thought of you like this doing 30 everywhere.

You do need to redline it sometimes
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X