Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
    Could you measure the height of your bumpstops, please
    They are 90mm,of the 2.8 quattro, and look the same as the smaller one in your picture,yours are probably bilstein mine are originals and orange in colour same as this link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-susp...oAAOSwl8NVbvuQ
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• £24 Just measured and short ones are the correct ones. Odd because PN on the other ones matches what 7zap says Anyways, thanks for help Mark. 2 more work days and I can start
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• No worries mate,hope it all goes well Janis.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Borrowing a compressor from a mate which should make things easier. I'll update this with loads of pictures as I go along
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• All the dismantling done mostly and slowly doing bits so I can start putting her back together. Car was still on original BOGE shocks, that's just over 200k miles Struts have been cleaned and painted. Ideally would've liked if I could powdercoat them, but money is tight. Got a bad surprise when I started removing rust from one of the wings, someone done a pretty **** repair and I ended up with this

'93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
              All the dismantling done mostly and slowly doing bits so I can start putting her back together. Car was still on original BOGE shocks, that's just over 200k miles Struts have been cleaned and painted. Ideally would've liked if I could powdercoat them, but money is tight. Got a bad surprise when I started removing rust from one of the wings, someone done a pretty **** repair and I ended up with this

Yeah... Is that wing repairable? Or in these cases you just look for another one?

Comment

• Metal around it is solid so we will try and fix it. S4 wings cost a fortune if you can find any in UK. Drivers side seems to be rusting more than passenger side which is odd. I'll do some more pictures tomorrow before treating the rust.
                Last edited by hunker7; 22 July 2016, 22:49.
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Front has been assembled. And then I turned my attention to rear and of course after seeing how rusty it is around where shock assembly screws on I had to clean it and treat it and paint it Also bought new rear track end (other one was replaced year ago) and made sure both are free and can be adjusted. Replaced both bump stops because people think they shouldn't replace them Also managed to weld up the fooked front wing and it turned out pretty damn well if you ask me. Hope to have her running on Saturday. Been only a week and already right foot is itching

'93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Had exhaust off and because one catalyst was rattling inside I gutted both (I know not the best option but money is tight atm), and driving on unleaded when pushing the car I get black smoke outta back, that's I because of gutted cats or is there a problem?

Also noticed idle is slightly lean on idle, but perfect on lpg?
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Might just be blowing soot out if the exhaust now it flows better. Or its way too rich on petrol.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                        Might just be blowing soot out if the exhaust now it flows better. Or its way too rich on petrol.

I think that's what it is. Didn't get anything like that again. Don't think it's running rich, runs lambda 0.8 maybe a little bit under 0.8.
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• More power now?

Comment

• Don't know seems to be smoother though, and idle is better too. I'd like to put her on a dyno and get readings on petrol and lpg.

Dmitri mentioned something called "lean burn" on lpg, any idea what he meant?
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Just that you don't want it too rich on lpg

Comment

• Get rid of those foam pieces at the top of wheel arches. They're the reason why wings rust there.

Comment

Working...
                                X