No announcement yet.

Urq project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i use a mann provent 200 on a 500hp engine without problems but i have a sump with baffles,almost no oil seperation,only a little bit of condensation
    the vapors are drawn back by the turbo inlet
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
      i use a mann provent 200 on a 500hp engine without problems but i have a sump with baffles,almost no oil seperation,only a little bit of condensation
      the vapors are drawn back by the turbo inlet
      Where do you take the connections from the engine?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• from engine block to t-split,one goes to valve cover,other goes to mann provent
        other big connection on provent goes to inlet hose turbo
        the little tube from provent at the bottom goes to my sump plug
        i made also a second ventilation on the valve cover and some baffles in the sump
        Attached Files
        AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Ok thanks looks good.

Comment

• i'm glad i can help
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Another set of rims arrived. Forged light weight jobs made by rays engineering japan. Not the best looking but will get the blasted and coated white.

Got the radiator fitting. Had to adapt the washer bottle and plastic welded it then hot glued it to seal it. Have stripped it all out again and painted the steel parts.

And fan cowling painted in 2 pack while drinking some nice cool beer.

Been flat out with the tig out. Have finished welding the intercooler bar some brackets. Pressure tested it to 5 bar and it then blue out the plug I had testing it. Near took my head off lol. Not the prettiest of welding but it's all I can do. Welder was flat out and that made it weld best. Knocked out a 32 amp c rated breaker a few times....

Welding with a t shirt was a BAD idea.

Comment

• that looks like a radiator from vidar here on the forum
                i have also a radiator like you from him
                AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Yep it's a vidar radiator. What are the tabs on the sides for? The bits on the front? I understand the bits at the side are for the fan but the front?

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                    Yep it's a vidar radiator. What are the tabs on the sides for? The bits on the front? I understand the bits at the side are for the fan but the front?

Mounting for the A/C condenser for those cars so equipped.
                    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Ah makes sense. I see a grinder in their near future.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Comment

• cut them off for weight reduction des
                        AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Started into the front body work. Cut the bumper and extended it to fit.

Took some time with fiber glass and filler and finally paint but came out ok.

Also painted the door cards and spoiler

Also welded the flange on the intercooler for the dump valve.

The grill is a nightmare. Needs extended about 30mm. Plan involves steel fiberglass expaning foam and filler then paint.

Comment

• More done.

Comment

• I spent time on saturday and all sunday on trying to start the car but all I got was some pops and bangs. Tested everything and had fuel squirting from the injectors in sequence and the plugs firing on all cylinders. I was like the plug leads were wrong or something but it obviously has none. So took today off and pulled the vems ecu from the Urs4. Connected it up to the urq and scaled the fueling master adjuster and boom away the urq went. Its running fine and has good oil pressure etc. Needs a thermo switch for the radiator as I had to bypass that to run the fan. But it's good progress. Need to find out what's happening with this other ecu. Its like the timing is out and needs scaled. I sent it to vems and they took 6 to 8 weeks checking it. On the note back it says it's has a ntc mat input and no inverter for the cam sensor so I think that's put the timing out of wack. I need a map for a vems ecu with no cam inverter to see what the reference tooth settings are...

Comment

• des,give me your email and i can send you my old vems map from gt30 with siemens deka 630cc,engine is AAN with tuna can dizzy,dont know if this will help you
                                AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                                X