No announcement yet.

Urq project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lift pump is mega noisy but the 2 hp pumps arnt that bad. They draw 40 amp at idle!

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Or .6hp
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• Right i got an inverter circuit built and now the second ecu starts and runs the urq. My new issue is that i seem to have a non functioning wideband lambda setup and i dont know why. I have tried 2 sensors and i get the same issues. The issue seems to be related to this vems unit, as when i plug in my second vems unit(econo plug style) from my URS4 lambda works fine with both sensors. It could also be an issue with the config obviously, or the lambda loom in the motronic style ecu. I have attached the config which runs the car on the Motronic style ecu. What i get is lambda showing 1.83 for a short time then it goes full rich to 0.63. I know its not actually that rich as i removed the probe from the exhaust and left it in air and it does the same thing. Changing probe has NO effect. I cannot get vems to do a free air calibration. It just sticks at the heating stage.

I have followed these instructions http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page= ... rdwareTest

I seem to have the readings that pages wants. What i did was test at the connection for my LSU 4.2 sensor with the sensor connected as i have a motronic connector ecu so the connections are different than that pages asks for. I connected the 2 100 ohm resistors as described and Measured the voltages. I didnt have a normal LED so i used an old 12v LED from a car alarm and it lit up when i enabled the Lambda calibration in software. Also the sensor does heat up when left for some time.
        I have 4.14 volts from Pump - to Gnd.
        I have -1.4 mV from pump - to pump + with Pump-PW-Zero set at 103
        When testing for Nerst DC Target i get 0 volts until after about 30 seconds approx it jumps to 454mV. Adjusting Nernst dc target does nothing to vary this value.

The software came with the WBO2 cal set at 206, and i tried changing it to 150, but that made no difference. When the engine running i get the following voltages on the sensor plug relative to ground.

1. Nernst 4.5v
        2. NA
        3. battery 13.5 V
        4. Heat - 12 v
        5. Pump - 4 v
        6. Pump + 12v

On my other ecu which is an econo seal with and adapter loom with separate WBO2 loom i get the following with a working WBO2 setup.

1. Nernst 4.5v
        2. NA
        3. battery 13.5 V
        4. Heat - 3-10 v varying
        5. Pump - 4 v
        6. Pump + 4.9v

So it is possible that the wiring on my motronic style Vems is wrong, but how do i determine which pin is which? This is turning into an electronics project not a car build.... Is my description of the pins correct above??

Thanks in advance, des.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Oh and the tube manifold is blowing out slightly at cylinder 5 on the head flange, so that needs to come off for a skim. I had assumed it had been done....

Comment

• i had have also some problems with wideband calibration in the past
            check this link from efi express,it is an installation guide for vems,look at step 2

http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/ar...?articles_id=1

you can also compare my wideband settings in my vems file i send u...........
            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

• As this is one of the "first" Motronic PnP ECUs you have to give extra 12V on the WB cable. It does not take it from the ECU thats why I sent you the connector with marked cables.

This is taken from the VEMS site:

WBO2 on SSC5 male standard applies to both Audi AAN and 3B (also to BMW):

pin1 nernst,WBO2 pin 1
              pin2 WBO2 pin 3 (use a 5A fuse from +12V supply wire)
              pin3 heater(-),WBO2 pin 4
              pin4 pump(-),WBO2 pin 5
              pin5 pump(+),WBO2 pin 6

OBSOLETE SSC4 male WBO2. was used before 2007-08 (now SSC5 is used)

pin1 nernst,WBO2 pin 1
              pin2 pump(-),WBO2 pin 5
              pin3 pump(+),WBO2 pin 6
              pin4 heater(-),WBO2 pin 4

Remember that WBO2 pin 3 must get heater+ from a 5A fuse from +12V supply wire ! The WBO2 heater+ does not come from the ECU (only the WBO2 heater-)
              Last edited by Billman; 4 July 2016, 09:07.
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• I have already have the probe a 12v supply from an ignition feed fuse box. I think the problem must be with the connections at the ecu connection. I will re check these again.

Comment

• I put the different tape colors so that you dont have to check. :-)
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Found the wideband fault.
                    Was off today and made good progress. Just need a 12v supply to the probe which I had done but also a 12v supply to a pin on the ecu. Got it a run up the road there. It set fire to the turbo blanket Ffs. No damage done other than a panic. Was ment to be running on low boost with boost valve disconnected but for some reason it was making big boost. Starts to pick up at 3 k rpm and making plenty of boost at 4 k rpm. At 5 k rpm it spun up the wheels in third gear on a dry road over a bump. Then boost cut due to my boost limit set at 2.2 bar boost and a big back fire. Sounds class. Its mental over 5 k..

It's also blowing out at the exhaust manifold flange on the head for cylinder 5 so I need to take it all apart and fix that.

Comment

• sounds like an animal already in the making

Comment

• nice progress des
                        pity that you have to disassemble many parts back to fix the exhaust fit
                        i'm curious about the performance numbers of the engine
                        almost there..............
                        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                        AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Yes it's great to get the car moving. Still lots of things to do but it's going in the right direction now. As for power output I'm hoping for just over 600 bhp. 650 bhp would be nice. Engine has plenty of good parts so should be possible.

Comment

• Waiting for further progress!!!!
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• A flammable turbo blanket? Doesn't seem right.. Maybe an oil leak?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

• I read on here that someone else had the same issue. It looks like the material used to join the parts ist rated for the heat as that's were it burnt and fell apart. The one on my Urs4 is great after plenty of red hot runs...

Comment

Working...
                                X