Urq project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine is something like this

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...762830&alt=web

Though this looks like it would do your job too?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...238422&alt=web

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• What kind of rpm / bhp levels are you planning Des? Those lifters have had a rash of failures in big boy motors.
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
      2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
      2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
      1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
        What kind of rpm / bhp levels are you planning Des? Those lifters have had a rash of failures in big boy motors.
        There appears to be 3 types of lifters available. Stock Audi ones, the ina ones I have which are lighter than Audi ones and then some sorta light weight lifters that are lighter than ina lifters but are weak.

Everything i have read points to these ina lifters being a good upgrade to Audi units and are reliable. The super light weight ones no so much.

Power goal is over 600 bhp on pump fuel and over 650 on petrol mixed with 20% methanol. 500 bhp per ton reads nice to me.

Comment

• Oh and about 8 k rpm max.

Still waiting on the gates racing belt to appear from down under. I might end up using another normal belt I have if it doesn't appear soon.

Comment

• how are you going to adapt the timing belt cover?
            i needs to be a little bit longer,no?
            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

• The last stroker I did I cut the carbon cover I got from aron and added fiberglass to it to make of the correct height.

Comment

• Water pipes tig welded and fitted. 03a gearbox fitted . took a bit of work at the bell housing to clear the crank sensors. But the dam starter hits the engine mount. Need to see if I can get a different solenoid for it.

Comment

• What starter is that?
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Wouldn't a fabricated to suit engine mount arm be easier? How much more clearance do you need? Even chopping a chunk out to clear and then plating the rest in might do it.

Sent from apollo 13 using tapatalk
                    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Looking good des good combination stroker gt35 should be a animal once it's mapped

Comment

• I only need about 5mm. It wouldn't take much. The starter is listed as a Urs4 unit so I thought it would fit but clearly not. Anyone have a picture of a s2 unit?

I'm going to a car electrics place tomorrow to test and recon the alternator I have. So I will ask them if the solenoid could be swapped?

Comment

• Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
                          Looking good des good combination stroker gt35 should be a animal once it's mapped
                          Cheers I hope so!

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                            Water pipes tig welded and fitted. 03a gearbox fitted . took a bit of work at the bell housing to clear the crank sensors. But the dam starter hits the engine mount. Need to see if I can get a different solenoid for it.

des,are the waterpipes complete iron or is there somewhere a tube between it?
                            from what is the gearbox,rs4 b7?
                            AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Yes B7 RS4
                              Des not sure about AAN but an S2 starter will fit fine.
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• are you sure that the exhaust manifold with your turbo will fit in the ur- engine room?
                                with my tubular exhaust manifold(was made for s2) and gt30-35 i had to cut in the inner wing to make room for the airfilter and had just enough space between turbo and inner wing and between turbo and the bonnet
                                worry's for later..........
                                i have also a rs4 b7 gearbox waiting to go in,this will be my next job!
                                first with the gt35 on the dyno so i can see if my clutch will hold the power before i gonna swap the gearbox
                                AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                                X