No announcement yet.

Urq project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On not sure yet. A local company could do it if it was 1 piece without the joint in the middle. So as I am using solid engine, box and diff mounts is there any reason I don't get them to make a 1 piece shaft retaining the cv joints at both ends?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
      On not sure yet. A local company could do it if it was 1 piece without the joint in the middle. So as I am using solid engine, box and diff mounts is there any reason I don't get them to make a 1 piece shaft retaining the cv joints at both ends?

Issue with a single piece propshaft is diameter has to increase to resist it running out of balance due to harmonic resonance at critical speed, this will increase its inertia which will dull drivetrain acceleration. I have looked this before but even with a 4" propshaft with length is on the type85/89 chassis with a 4.11 diff ratio speeds limited to around 100mph unless want use exotic materials like carbon fibre

Comment

• Oh **** that. Looks like it will stay two piece and have to goto the mainland to get suitably shortened and balanced.

Comment

• Try it on before shortening it!! Mine works fine un-shortened

Edit: Ups, just saw you're mounting a 0a3-box... I'm running 01e 5&6 gears in mine...

/g_svan

Comment

• That is w good point. Are there any stock Audi props that are slightly shorter than the s2 prop?

Comment

• The s2 avant is plenty shorter... You could use short or long s2 piece and mount to short or long urq piece For example; if you use the longer urq piece and mount it ot the shorter s2 piece you'll have a 30mm shorter propshaft.

also s4 c4 works, but are a bit thicker...

//g_svan

Comment

• Ohh I have some URQ, urs4 and s2 coupe and advant shafts. Maybe some mix will work. But would require balanceing I suppose once parts are swapped?

Comment

• I'm running 908whp, without balancing

Comment

• No vibrations? Over 900 whp must be nuts!

Comment

• Sure there are vibrations but nothing to bad. You should be fine...

Comment

• Got the hand brake mechanism and cables connected. Had to weld a bracket to the floor to support the outer of the cable. Handbrake works well.

Attached Files

Comment

• I wouldn't use a single piece prop it will either weigh a ton or be really expensive, or both! You only need to shorten and balance the front section. Not sure on the length of the 016 but for reference the OA3 is 28mm longer than the 01E
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I will try a mix of the shafts I have and if stuck get one shortened.
                            Cheers

Comment

• Pedal box setup has arrives and looks like it will fit fine. Seems good quality too. Will make brackets and fit over the weekend.

Attached Files

Comment

• which gearbox are u going to use des? 01e or 03a?

01e gearbox is shoter than 016 so i use a 01e gearbox in my car with the origional propshaft and a spacer
                                audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                                TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                                AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                                X