Urq project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
    des,are the waterpipes complete iron or is there somewhere a tube between it?
    from what is the gearbox,rs4 b7?
    There is a short piece of silicon at the engine end away from the turbo. This gives some flex and allows the pipe to move For turbo removal etc.

Yep rs4 box.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

are you sure that the exhaust manifold with your turbo will fit in the ur- engine room?
      with my tubular exhaust manifold(was made for s2) and gt30-35 i had to cut in the inner wing to make room for the airfilter and had just enough space between turbo and inner wing and between turbo and the bonnet
      worry's for later..........
      i have also a rs4 b7 gearbox waiting to go in,this will be my next job!
      first with the gt35 on the dyno so i can see if my clutch will hold the power before i gonna swap the gearbox
      I hope it fits! Will find out tomorrow. If not I have a plasma cutter....

Comment

• audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
        AEM W/M injection

Comment

• whats your plan with the ic?
          audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
          TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
          AEM W/M injection

Comment

whats your plan with the ic?
            Not sure yet. Again I'm not scared to cut steel or bumper for that matter to make something big fit. I have a sport style grill which should give more room.

Comment

• You could weld a B3 or B4 Audi inner wing in the car on the right front side to give more room for the turbo and filter.

Comment

• Are these available new or are they a cut out from another car job?

Comment

• It's in! The gearbox fits too without any tunnel bashing. Need to make up gearbox mount brackets or get some from james. Just up on a strap for now. Also need to mess with prop shafts to get something sorted that fits. The urq shaft is slightly too long. A Urs4 shaft is about 2 inch approx short but I could make up a spacer for the diff end.

Trial for of urq shaft. About 1 inch long.

Comment

• Started into fitting the front brakes. They fit under the rims ok. Not a fan of the colour but the coating is good so I think I will leave it.

Comment

• I had to take 28mm off my ABY prop. I got mine done at Firow for about ÂŁ100
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        I had to take 28mm off my ABY prop. I got mine done at Firow for about ÂŁ100
                        Did they cut and weld it?

Comment

• Yup - cut, weld & re-balance.
                          Just FYI they needed the CVs on the prop to do it. The checked the UJ at the some time, no issues with that though.
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• New starter fitted. Much lighter than the last one.

Timing belt too slack so need to make bigger tensioner. This is with a 80mm modification. Last one was ok with 82mm but due to the block skimming I need more like 85 mm.

Did that good a job with the thread lock and bearing fit I had to make up a fitting for the slide hammer to get the tensioner off.

One front drive shaft fitted with the help of Alex. Needed a6 shaft with S2 outer cv. The other shaft I had was wrong and wouldn't fit the S2 outer so another one is ordered. Front brakes fitted with pads.

Comment

• Strange that you need a shorter shaft than the urq shaft, i use an urq shaft and 01e gearbox, currently fitting a gearbox from an s6+. Is the b7 gearbox longer than a normal 01e?

Comment

• I didn't measure the box but I suppose it must be longer if the urq shaft is a tad too long. About 30mm too long at a guesstimate. A spacer and a Urs4 shaft look perfect. Just waiting on a new center bearing coming then I can confirm the length of the spacer I need.

Comment

Working...
                                X