No announcement yet.

Urq project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mann provent 400,the big brother from the mann provent 200 that i use?
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Wow, that is a beast!
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Wow, that is a beast!
        Yep it's huge but I think it should fit at the back of the bay. Hopefully it copes with whatever oil it gets.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I have been looking at the Setrab oil coolers for my project. What size did you go with & what cooler hose to cooler fittings did you choose?
          "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• I haven't any hoses made yet. I went for the biggest slim line they do which is about 125mm tall x 600 5mm wide and 40mm thick. Perfect width for front of urq.

Comment

• Looking good Des. Coming along a treat.

Plenty of room for a IC behind that oil cooler?
              Stuart
              B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

• Cheers. Plan is for the the oil cooler to be mounted low down. It will be about 40mm above bottom of sump level. Then above the oil cooler running right up to the slam pannel will be the intercooler. Have something in the intercooler department to try out tomorrow. Front bumper and grill will just have to be modified to suit. Function over form for me.

Comment

• Started working at the intercooler today. Its about as big as will fit. Core is about 500 x 350 x 100 mm. Had to cut and weld the pipe connections. Ran out of alloy tig rods. Welding alloy is weird. Some bits welded dead easy and other bits just don't want to flow together. I have tried cleaning it up real well so I don't know what the fuucks making it do that. Might me a combo of me not knowing what to do and the a.c. tig setup I have being not suitable. That or its because it's cast end tanks?

Comment

• how big are your ic pipe connections des? mine are 70mm (2.75 inch)
                    AEM W/M injection

Comment

• It will be 2.5 inch on turbo side which I have done today to match the turbo and 3 inch on the intake throttle side which is yet to be done.

Comment

• Des when you're welding onto cast, are you doing any preheat? You'll want about 200°F for a 5-10 mins to help bake out impurities. When you've finished welding repeat the process again for another 5-10 mins to avoid cracking.

Otherwise I'd maybe look into your purge setup... you might have too much gas flow and it's snuffing the arc, or not enough.
                        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                          Des when you're welding onto cast, are you doing any preheat? You'll want about 200°F for a 5-10 mins to help bake out impurities. When you've finished welding repeat the process again for another 5-10 mins to avoid cracking.

Otherwise I'd maybe look into your purge setup... you might have too much gas flow and it's snuffing the arc, or not enough.
                          Thanks for the advice I will try this. But I think the problem is also my filler rods so I have orders some more that should be more tolerant to cast alloy. As my welder setup is just a.c. I can't play with a.c. balance or frequency so that probably isn't helping. Would love to try a good welder to see what diference that makes.

Got done more done at the rear of the car. I am building a bulkhead/firewall as the original was cut out. So I'm welding in steel plate to make a frame to attach alloy sheet to to blank it off. I will bolt and bond the alloy plate to the steel frame. Doesn't look like much but sheet steel work is slow cutting stuff to fit nice.

Looking at alloy fuel tanks too. I could just about get in a 1000 x 300 x300 tank so am getting some prices. Looking at a foam filled baffled tank. That will fill a nuke performance swirl pot.

Comment

• I also had somtimes problems welding alu. I got a gas-lens kit for my torch and did a little welding with it and it looked very promising! Maybe worth a try as they are cheap.

1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
                              I also had somtimes problems welding alu. I got a gas-lens kit for my torch and did a little welding with it and it looked very promising! Maybe worth a try as they are cheap.

Thanks for the advice.

3 inch back box arrived today.

Comment

• FOX exhaust?
                                AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                                X