No announcement yet.

Urq project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear subframe tie rods with uni balls fitted. Got them from AKmotorsport.net.

Front hubs modified to take 114.3mm pcd and audi wheels. Put together with new wheel bearings and painted.
    Fitted some stud conversion studs on them. M12 x 1.5.

Tried a 347mm disk on from my urs4 to see what it looks like along with one of the rims. I think it looks cool.

Almost looks like a car suspension wise at the front now.

Comment

Also fitted some solid rear diff and gearbox mounts I got from bambridge on here.

Comment

Nice set up!
        Did you build a rotisserie or was the underbody painted on a hoist?
        Issam N. Abed
        iABED Industries
        iABED Email | Facebook
        The build thread

Comment

Thanks for the comments! I just painted the car on a lift or hoist. It's no show car but it does look good underneath. There are about 4 liters of 2 pack epoxy paint used on the underside and the wheel arches then the tornado red 2 pack top coat on top of that.

It will be good when it's back on its wheels again. Still a lot of work and money need!

Comment

By the way loctite is your friend on everything! Half my car were loose after the first trackday, had thoose nylon-locking also but it didnt help so much, no i use both nylocs, nordlock washers and loctite everywhere and its tight

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Everything is still slack at the moment so when I tighten everything up I will break out the lock tight.

It's amazing what gets hot and loose at a track day.

Comment

Jees Des - you aren't hanging around... nice looking project there... not sure my S2 can wait for 8yrs for work to really start but I am on the right track lately... untouched in almost a year :-(
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Cheers paul. I have just taken the notion of getting it done. I have gathered up lots of bits over the years but it isn't going to build itself. I want it running by next summer. A mate is talking about a ring trip. That would be a nice goal...
                  But should I drive it there or put it on a trailer behind my urs4?? Lots of things to go wrong with both options lol.

Comment

Oh and the expression "done is better than perfect" I think is the order of the day here. I'm not cutting corners or skipping things but just trying to take the path of least resistance as it's too easy to over think these types of projects and end up doing nothing. I'm not building a show car, just a fast road a track car with all the right mechanical bits that looks good driving past , but maybe not so much to the polishing kings. Hand painting the roll cage is just 1 example of that. A professionally painted one would be no safer, stiffer of faster so why bother. Thanks my opinion anyhow.

Comment

I opened the rear diff and checked it over. Looks fine so i then painted it.

I painted then fitted the anti roll bars including the new whiteline bar.

Comment

I mounted the rear diff today on 2 of its 3 mounts. I need to get a piece of alloy machined to make a solid rear bush for it to match the 2 front solid mounts.

Have figured out what I need so should be simples.

Filled it with oil so the rear is taking shape too.

Got some alloy sheet to make a rear bulkhead to hide the fuel cell/tank behind as per msa spec. Torqued a few bolts too.

Drank plenty of beer so things are good!!!!!

Comment

Holy ****, nice setup!

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Thanks Thomas is slow work but beer helps [emoji3] [emoji3]

Comment

Not much new tonight. Just fitted some drop links for the front anti roll bar. Some nice stainless units with spherical joints.

Comment

looking good desmond.

Comment

Working...
                                X