• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom release bearing too.
    Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Really like this project . Thanks very much for sharing and keeping it updated .

Clearly some real thought has gone into the parts used and their application

Gav
      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by Biturbo View Post
        Nice project.Drive shafts looking good
        Yep thanks for hooking me up with them!

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
          Really like this project . Thanks very much for sharing and keeping it updated .

Clearly some real thought has gone into the parts used and their application

Gav
          Cheers gav. Yea I always think about what a part needs to do and if it can be improved. Not at any cost though. So the rear brakes are an example of that. I really don't think a track car needs massive rear brakes. While braking something like 80% of the weight is on the front so the rear brakes can only do 20% of the stopping without locking no matter how good they are. So going to 4 pots with the hastle of then needing a second handbrake system is extra weight and complicated more than needs be. Sure 4 pots look cool. But I think big handbrake calipers should do the job for about 200 quid all in with new discs and pads.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
            Custom release bearing too.

des,are the splines on the input shaft long enough for 2 plates?
            is this setup plug and play except for the release bearing?
            3b flywheel?
            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

I have tried the setup on an input shaft and there is plenty of room for the 2 plates and a few mm left for them to slide on so should be fine. Basically I sent them a 3b flywheel and a SPEC clutch I had as a template. They then modified the 3b flywheel to take this twin clutch and give the correct splines and height etc. It seems very well done. It's 200mm so larger than normal twins so holds more torque. They said it would be very easy to do a paddle twin but as I wanted smooth engagement the Kevlar full disks were the way to go with a fairly heavy pressure plate.

It will be a few weeks before I get the URQ off the ramp and then try this clutch in the urs4. It's ment to take a lot of miles to run in the Kevlar and I have been told to expect some slipping untill that's done. The Kevlar is very hard wearing but easy on the flywheel and center plate surfaces. We will see...

Comment

Thanks for the info
                AEM W/M injection

Comment

Des - rear brakes to think about:

Phaeton rear disc - 310x22
                  B5 RS4 caliper carrier - machine 4mm off the mounting face (for stock S2 rear hubs)
                  URS4 rear calipers
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks but the 312 X 25 discs from a 1.8t will work with a few minor mods.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Comment

Will they fit with the URS4 caliper? They are only designed for 20mm discs IIRC
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        Will they fit with the URS4 caliper? They are only designed for 20mm discs IIRC
                        I'm using a transporter caliper that is ment for a 22 mm 294 disc. The caliper and carrier have a 27mm opening so the 25mm disc should fit. Pads might be tight but that can be sorted.

You are correct though with those phaeton discs working. I would just need to space the bracket differently. They could be a backup plan...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what i ended up using for my clutch release bearing after i broke 2 pumps with the original one. The contact surface on the original bearing is too big and it couldnt press onto the pressure plate. Unfortunatly i used an old bearing and is noisy
                          Attached Files

Comment

So I was thinking that I was going to need to map the engine with reduced boost through the mid range to save the stock rods. But then I thought **** it, build another stroker with forged bits. And a ported head. And a set of cams. So all those bits are on order and I have to pull a tdi engine from a a6 I bought years ago.

Then a gt30 and 500 bhp seems small. So a fancy tube manifold came up for sale with a water cooled tial wastegate.

Oh and a gt35r wearing a tial stainless back housing. Good for 625 bhp. It was the right money so... The turbo is boxed up again and going to my turbo man for a billet compressor wheel. There are options there. One is slightly bigger and he reckons will do 700bhp. The other spools up faster than the stock 35r and makes a bit more power. Decisions decisions.

Attached Files

Comment

Gt30 r vs the tial gt35r

Attached Files

Comment

what is the purpose of this car?
                                daily and track or only track?
                                i have a gt3076r,520 hp and 635 nm and very satisfied about this turbo
                                full boost(2bar) on 3800 rpm with 0.82A/R
                                500 horsepower is still doable for the drivetrain but if you are heading towards the 700hp I would constantly make me worry that I'm going to drive something broken with full throttle
                                So my opinion,stay with gt30
                                AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                                X