X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    Des - rear brakes to think about:

Phaeton rear disc - 310x22
    B5 RS4 caliper carrier - machine 4mm off the mounting face (for stock S2 rear hubs)
    URS4 rear calipers
    Got a part number for those carriers?
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

The more I build this car the more I see it as a track car with the odd play on the street. I agree 700 bhp seems like a lot. A good solid 600 bhp should be enough....

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
        The more I build this car the more I see it as a track car with the odd play on the street. I agree 700 bhp seems like a lot. A good solid 600 bhp should be enough....

My car is running 550.1 and I have driven plenty of fast cars gtr's and scoobys with big power but when mine comes on boost its a animal and 4 wheel drifts even with super sticky Dunlop track tyres so god knows what mine will be like when jonus maps it again with the early boost cams , however don't be put off with going for 700hp as I'll be there soon .

Ps you have my old manifold and waste gate set up glad it's going to be used .

Comment

So I was thinking that I was going to need to map the engine with reduced boost through the mid range to save the stock rods. But then I thought **** it, build another stroker with forged bits. And a ported head. And a set of cams. So all those bits are on order and I have to pull a tdi engine from a a6 I bought years ago.

Then a gt30 and 500 bhp seems small. So a fancy tube manifold came up for sale with a water cooled tial wastegate.

Oh and a gt35r wearing a tial stainless back housing. Good for 625 bhp. It was the right money so... The turbo is boxed up again and going to my turbo man for a billet compressor wheel. There are options there. One is slightly bigger and he reckons will do 700bhp. The other spools up faster than the stock 35r and makes a bit more power. Decisions decisions.

Hi des glad you got it early and safe, glad your going to make good use out of this turbo, tubular manifold and wastegate

Comment

Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
            My car is running 550.1 and I have driven plenty of fast cars gtr's and scoobys with big power but when mine comes on boost its a animal and 4 wheel drifts even with super sticky Dunlop track tyres so god knows what mine will be like when jonus maps it again with the early boost cams , however don't be put off with going for 700hp as I'll be there soon .

Ps you have my old manifold and waste gate set up glad it's going to be used .
            Your car is completely mint and looks better than stock. It must supprise people when you open the taps. I like the 4 wheel drifting comments that the sorta motivation I need!

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
              Hi des glad you got it early and safe, glad your going to make good use out of this turbo, tubular manifold and wastegate
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                Got a part number for those carriers?
                8D0615425A
                You used to be able to get them from TRW, p/n was BDA514 but not sure they are available any more. You can find them listed online but they are the usual drop-shipping muppets who don't actually carry any stock and then can't get them. I got a used pair from a guy on SRS for £40.
                New slider pin/boot kit from an A3 - TRW ST1160.
                You need two kits as only two of the pins fit, but then you have a spare set of spare boots
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

8D0615425A
                  You used to be able to get them from TRW, p/n was BDA514 but not sure they are available any more. You can find them listed online but they are the usual drop-shipping muppets who don't actually carry any stock and then can't get them. I got a used pair from a guy on SRS for £40.
                  New slider pin/boot kit from an A3 - TRW ST1160.
                  You need two kits as only two of the pins fit, but then you have a spare set of spare boots
                  Thanks! Another upgrade I don't really need, but I'm probabley going to do anyway!!
                  sigpic
                  1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                  1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                  1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

aren't they all?

I am using the B5 RS4 rear hub and 2pc rotor instead of Phaeton rotor & machining the carriers - all 100% bolt on and a bit lighter.
                    I believe Wolfie as the first to use this setup:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=B5+RS4+brakes

I found a pair of used RS rotors with very little wear, so avoided the big cost. Still fairly unnecessary

Sorry for the hijack Des
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

aren't they all?

I am using the B5 RS4 rear hub and 2pc rotor instead of Phaeton rotor & machining the carriers - all 100% bolt on and a bit lighter.
                      I believe Wolfie as the first to use this setup:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=B5+RS4+brakes

I found a pair of used RS rotors with very little wear, so avoided the big cost. Still fairly unnecessary

Sorry for the hijack Des
                      No problems at all. It's all interesting stuff.

Comment

So the rods and pistons arrived. Rods are 159 mm long just like my last stroker build but these ones are x beam instead of h and also 22 mm small end compared to 20mm . They are rifle drilled.

The pistons are 82mm this time instead of 82.5 last time so I can use a stock head gasket. They have the same bore to piston clearance as the wossners I used last time. Compression to be confirmed but should be about 8.25:1.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by diesel des; 5 September 2015, 20:33.

Comment

Today I worked at the steering column and started fitting the corsa c electric system. I got a little magic box from eBay that connects to the control unit and gives it the right signals to work. There are a few different versions of these, some have a manual knob to adjust the assistance and some take a wheel speed signal and work with that. Mine takes a signal from the inbuilt torque sensor and adjusts the assistance as the force increases.

So I set it up in the bench and it works great! When turning the steering I put a spanner on the output shaft that I could load up the system with. Without trying to load it up much the steering had no assistance. As I started to hold the spanner tighter the assistance increased to a point I couldn't stop the spanner from moving. Very impressed.

Then i started measuring and cutting. Amazing thing is that the bottom of the corsa column has the same splines as the Audi rack! So that goes on no problems. I just need to join the Audi top to the top of the corsa shaft. I have it setup so that the corsa rod goes inside the Audi shaft. I will weld that and then drill and plug weld it too. Then I will grind the welds back and slide a sleave over it and weld again with some plug welds too. I need to get the sleave made up. Then I need to make some brackets to hold the lot up to the dash support.

Attached Files

Comment

Result on the corsa steering column, how are you getting on with getting in mounted in place?
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Today I worked at the steering column and started fitting the corsa c electric system. I got a little magic box from eBay that connects to the control unit and gives it the right signals to work. There are a few different versions of these, some have a manual knob to adjust the assistance and some take a wheel speed signal and work with that. Mine takes a signal from the inbuilt torque sensor and adjusts the assistance as the force increases.

So I set it up in the bench and it works great! When turning the steering I put a spanner on the output shaft that I could load up the system with. Without trying to load it up much the steering had no assistance. As I started to hold the spanner tighter the assistance increased to a point I couldn't stop the spanner from moving. Very impressed.

Then i started measuring and cutting. Amazing thing is that the bottom of the corsa column has the same splines as the Audi rack! So that goes on no problems. I just need to join the Audi top to the top of the corsa shaft. I have it setup so that the corsa rod goes inside the Audi shaft. I will weld that and then drill and plug weld it too. Then I will grind the welds back and slide a sleave over it and weld again with some plug welds too. I need to get the sleave made up. Then I need to make some brackets to hold the lot up to the dash support.

Lots of pics please as you do it

Could be a future standard S2 upgrade
                              91 Modded 3B
                              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Cheers lads I will get some snaps. Tonight I welded the corsa column to the Audi column at the wheel end. I welded it, then used a sleave and welded that as well. Did a few plug welds too. It ain't shifting! I welded a bit at a time with the arc welder to get good penatration and used the air gun to blow on it as I didn't want too much heat getting into the corsa setup incase it cooked something.

So next up is the outer shell and i hope to do that tomorrow night.

Once that's done I will see what I need for brackets to mount it too the dash. The original Audi bracket that was on with shear bolts will still line up so that will secure it but I will be adding extra brackets to take the reaction force from the motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X