My wannabe S6 Plus project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petu View Post

I also retrofitted the "+" battery terminal since my car came without it because of the missing AC system I guess. So I changed the whole battery wiring to starter with original one that has the "+" terminal. (Yep I'm crazy )
    Yes, but in a real good way.

Like this mod.

Comment

Here is the Servotronic relay and also the "Komfortblinker" relay can be seen here.

Can I ask was the komfort blinker a plug and play job, i.e. just replacing the normal blinker relay with the komfort relay.

Or

Did you have to alter the wiring, if so please could you advise what was involved. Would like to fit this to my C4.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
        Can I ask was the komfort blinker a plug and play job, i.e. just replacing the normal blinker relay with the komfort relay.

Or

Did you have to alter the wiring, if so please could you advise what was involved. Would like to fit this to my C4.

Thanks.

Also interested in this. What's the number of the relay?

Comment

Joop, sometimes it helps flushing the nozzles with bigger quantities and higher pressures. I had some spare injectors so I made the best set of them and flushed them. I did it because one of the cylinders started misfiring/not firing when warm. Flushing did not help for that nozzle. I will try to bathe it sometime in some cleaner to see if I can get it working. Some people say that the factory nozzles do not wear out, just need cleaning. A new set of decent nozzles like Bosio Fratelli's might be the best solution. Other car in the family is testing out the Bosio's. Seems to be working good but they are kinda pricey.
          Hello Petu,

thank you for your well detailed answer.I have the AEL too it has 300K km in it so i think it may time to change the
          nozzles.A few weeks ago i disassembled one and maybe the nozzles doesn't worn out but the needle seems worn out.
          I am planning to replace it with the OEM Bosch but its hard to find on ebay nowadays especially in a good price

Comment

Hats off to you for making such a project of your daily, lovely upgrades

Comment

Thanks quattrostyle for your good words.

Originally posted by macspring View Post

Or

Thanks.
              Unfortunately it is not a plug and play mod. You have to change the wiring where the hazard light is. The relay has to be "before" the hazard light switch. I made an adapter to so I do not have to solder to factory wiring just make extra wiring that I can plug to factory wiring and solder there the outputs for the relay and then the socket for the hazard light. Well that sounds complicated, actually it is not.

Credits to tutorial over here: http://www.audic4.de/komfortblinker.html

Originally posted by Joop View Post
              Hello Petu,

thank you for your well detailed answer.I have the AEL too it has 300K km in it so i think it may time to change the
              nozzles.A few weeks ago i disassembled one and maybe the nozzles doesn't worn out but the needle seems worn out.
              I am planning to replace it with the OEM Bosch but its hard to find on ebay nowadays especially in a good price
              I have heard there's a lot of fake BOSCH nozzles being sold. I have no clue how to make sure if it is OEM or not. I would consider getting BOSIO instead but the Bosch ones might be good also. Probably good price Bosch are fake ones.

Comment

Unfortunately it is not a plug and play mod. You have to change the wiring where the hazard light is. The relay has to be "before" the hazard light switch. I made an adapter to so I do not have to solder to factory wiring just make extra wiring that I can plug to factory wiring and solder there the outputs for the relay and then the socket for the hazard light. Well that sounds complicated, actually it is not.

I have heard there's a lot of fake BOSCH nozzles being sold. I have no clue how to make sure if it is OEM or not. I would consider getting BOSIO instead but the Bosch ones might be good also. Probably good price Bosch are fake ones.
                Cool mod. Seems simple enough. Although I cannot find the relay with this exact number. I can find this one - 000953227A. Would they be interchangable?

Comment

I think yes. I have the one with A also. Should be the same.

Comment

Very nice c4 project.
                    Kiitus

Comment

Hey! You have my car's sister! I have this: A6 C4 quattro with same colour and interior.

I've seen a car like mine this summer in Estonia, driving back from Nordkapp. Maybe it was you, but there were so many C4s diesel out there so I can't be sure.

I hope I don't bother you posting some pics of my car.

It was built as sponsor car for German national alpine sky team, and imported in Italy the next year. The owner drove it for 20 years in the Alps, so when I've bought it all was rusted underneath.

It needed a total repaint. Also, I had spare front and rear subframes from an UrS6, and I swapped them instead of the rusted that were on the car. So the car has front S6 brakes, but not 323's from the Plus. Just 314 mm. Rear brakes are still A6's. I will fit something bigger soon.

The tank was rusted and I changed it too.

The interior was ok, it only needed total deep clean, restoring the side of front seat and new steering wheel.

I see the cars born the same: same colour inside/outside, same optionals. Which chassis number is yours'?

The A6, which I don't call "S6 wannabe" but "S6 minus", made 300'000 km just today, and I've done the following mantainance and mods:

- front arms and bushings
                      - rear track rods
                      - all belts/rollers/tensioners
                      - refurbished injectors
                      - K16 turbo with billet wheels and sylicon pipes
                      - Ecu remap
                      - bigger downpipe and dekat, I also changed the "limp pines" endpipes.
                      - Tailgate with spoiler, but not the Plus' one with stoplight inside
                      - more recent servotronic relay, 4D... something. But I didn't notice a big improvement at high speed.
                      - S2 refurbished 16" rims, because in Italy I can't fit bigger, also they sit inside the front A6 fenders even with larger S6 struts. But I'll soon replace the fenders/bumper with S6, so I can fit 16" avus wheels and have full S6 look.

Some pics:
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

forgot to mention about rear S6 red stripe, trash red Audi rings and Audi Sport badge from Ebay and Aluminium side mirrors.
                        Tha car had headlight washers, but I removed them because it was a PITA removing headlight for any job.
                        Also, aftermarket xenon are on and they work fine. Just find a quality kit and you won't need S6 Plus Ballasts.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
                          Cool mod. Seems simple enough. Although I cannot find the relay with this exact number. I can find this one - 000953227A. Would they be interchangable?
                          I'll insert a simple schematic with wire colors.

Comment

Aitäh Raika!

Hi Giacomo!

Thanks for sharing, you have a nice car. Looks like a sister truly.
                            In the summer I did not drive my car at all, I was in the US, Utah. Probably you saw some other nogaro blue car, there is quite a few of them ended up in Estonia.
                            My chassis number ends with 1643. That's interesting history that these nogaro blau cars have/can have. How do you know about the ski team and their cars? That sounds cool.
                            Do you live in the alps also? I have been thinking of taking my car to the Alps one day since I really like alpine skiing and I go there skiing every winter but not with my Audi.

Some fresh pictures

Last edited by Petu; 22 October 2016, 20:54.

Comment

Car looks great!

Comment

s6

I got a petrol one over in the uk
                                Attached Files
                                Urs6 avant nogaro
                                s2 avant

Comment

Working...
                                X