My wannabe S6 Plus project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by radi_nrj View Post
    Keep up the good work man. You are one of the reasons not to sell mine for parts.
    Thanks, man. Comments like these keep me going. I still have a lot planned with the car. A lot of refurbing. I still love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petu View Post
      Thanks quattrostyle for your good words.

Unfortunately it is not a plug and play mod. You have to change the wiring where the hazard light is. The relay has to be "before" the hazard light switch. I made an adapter to so I do not have to solder to factory wiring just make extra wiring that I can plug to factory wiring and solder there the outputs for the relay and then the socket for the hazard light. Well that sounds complicated, actually it is not.

Credits to tutorial over here: http://www.audic4.de/komfortblinker.html

Credits to tutorial over here: http://www.audic4.de/komfortblinker.html

I have heard there's a lot of fake BOSCH nozzles being sold. I have no clue how to make sure if it is OEM or not. I would consider getting BOSIO instead but the Bosch ones might be good also. Probably good price Bosch are fake ones.
      Stupid question but I´ll trow it out anyway, do you know if it works with a LED blinkers relay, Ive changed my oem relay to led as I have led bulbs... if this "comfortrelay" works with that or if it only works with OEM relay...

Saw that you could buy a kit like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-4...75.c100623.m-1

Awesome build thread btw !
      1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
      2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
      2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• Hi. Just arrived a standar universal electronic confort blinker from eBay

Not installed yet but around 20€ with wires
        photobucket SUCKS
        sigpic

Comment

• This will fit at the old audis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acki View Post
            This will fit at the old audis?
            I'be waitting the return of the engine head.
            When arrived and take the car, I probe and say

Cross fingers
            photobucket SUCKS
            sigpic

Comment

• Would be nice too know what I have to modify at the C4 to get this working.
              I'm not a fan of a lot "electric work" for such features.

Comment

• Don't have to modify anything, just splice in the new wires to old ones.
                1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• Finally something's cooking!
                  So I just have started to swap out the leaking fuel tank and decided to clean all the rust while I am in there... oh boy that was a lot of work and also some welding for the rear subframes had to be done. But for now it is all treated, painted and covered. I have fitted the nicely refurbed fuel tank in there also and now continuing with all the rear axle parts. Most of them have been previously painted to prevent corrosion.
                  It is not the best paintjobs by far but I am more after function than looks and design - I want her to last. And because of that no more winter for her.
                  I did take out the spare wheel well too because it had been damaged before me so I decided to remove it for better access to rusty spots and while doing it swap it for a good one.
                  Updates will follow.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 9 photos.

Comment

• Great! :-)
                    Did you removed the "caps" of the swell? (what's the correct naming?)

I was able to get a heated steering wheel for my C4 - I'm looking for the correct seat heater switch at the moment... I guess A8 - do you know more?

Comment

• Hello, if you mean the plastic ends of the sideskirt then no. But I did had to replace the metal just above it because it was all rusted away. You can see the weld line if you watch closely one of the pictures.
                      Do you have a thread of your car somewhere? Would be interested to see your mods.

Comment

• I know your pain, my fuel tank started leaking 2 months after I got mine. Got one from a car imported from Italy and it was spotless. However we gave it 3 extra coats of black sealent for good measure

Comment

• Originally posted by Petu View Post
                          Do you have a thread of your car somewhere? Would be interested to see your mods.
                          Don't have a thread in this forum - I only have small amount of mods cause it's my daily car

Comment

• A little update on the works I did last weekend.
                            After a long winter and long time in garage I got a succesful test drive. Everything acted as expected and that is great!
                            Some comments below the photos.
                            Shout out to Thuppu: Any rear brake brackets for bigger brakes left?? I did not know which brake disk to buy.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 11 photos.

Comment

• I got damaged heater and I need remove dashboard. I got a problem with a panel with knobs (temp, air direction, power). How did you removed it? I Got 100 C4 but looks like it's the same and I can't find anywhere manual how to dissabemble it.

Comment

Working...
                              X