Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 UrQuattro

Got a couple more things .

Setrab oil cooler ... $45! And already has the proper AN fittings for my use

Decided to get some wheels mounted up so I can refinish the avant-garden I'm embarrassed for anyone to see the red wheels on the car

HF abrasive blaster with the conversion kit for Soda

Started marking and trimming the DP
    [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170609/c86df1d04a39534d3e92d9433****70b.jpg[/img]

Last edited by afterthought; 10 June 2017, 04:32.

Comment

1983 UrQuattro

Downpipe finished almost .

3" V-band and will have a hanger there Bolted to trans mount bracket

Starting to look into intercoolers and stuff , these are my two choices .

Comment

I assume you are running both intercoolers?
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
          I assume you are running both intercoolers?

Only planning to run one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exhaust is almost finished . Just a small piece in the middle where it connects to the rear section.
            At this point I only have one muffler in the system. It's going to be tough fitting another one in- may just run with one .

Thinking of moving the V-band into this section here , so the center section will be removable and the exhaust will be 3 pieces . I think after looking at it this location is least likely to rub.

Avantgardes off and ready to be refinished . Will try and clean them up tomorrow with the soda blaster maybe .

This is a good look for the car

Comment

Originally posted by afterthought View Post
              Only planning to run one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Might be worth having a chat with DJones on how he has setup his with sequential intercoolers as I know its tight for space anyway
              Greg

Comment

also possible to make a front mount ic with removable front
                audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                  also possible to make a front mount ic with removable front
                  You can Nick, but I think this is very risky with slightest frontal impact.
                  sigpic_________
                  Rob

Comment

true,just dont make an accident
                    everything is a tight fit in my car
                    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                    AEM W/M injection

Comment

Ron two intercoolers as that's what I'm planning on doing next

Comment

I don't have a problem making the upper portion of the core support removable (just the top "T" shaped part) and locate my intercooler where Martin (Ralleyquattro) has his. The lower piece I don't want to cut.
                        Will have to look at some info on the dual intercooler set-up. Im not trying to go crazy with power so I don't know at what point would I be able to call the intercooler a limitation , but I definitely want it bigger than stock.

Comment

Not a lot happened on the car recently but some little stuff here and there.
                          Got the lines sorted today for the brakes. Now have stainless lines front and rear.
                          Ended up needing a male-male adapter from "Fedhill" to get the brakes hooked up in the rear/

THis is the fed hill adapter in the end of the line

Before

After

Comment

Few other odds and ends .
                            I have my harness now - so glad I sourced this one out because I got a top notch product that i couldn't have made for a more than fair price
                            Leaves me more than enough room in the interior wherever I want to mount my Econoseal ECU

Need to sort out the firewall . I'm afraid I might have wasted a good set of AN fittings because I think I should have cut them shorter, they're taking up valuable firewall space now may have to cut them shorter and put the fittings down lower .

Going to have to try and figure out where to lay everything out . My LS2 coil bracket takes up space. Also need space for my connectors for flywheel sensors, etc.

Started cleaning up what I think I may need part of , the brackets to mount ALt. And power steering . Planning to have a set up that looks much like Highlander's

Other goodies

Comment

Still working on the brackets and what not. Now thinking about front mount and alternator on the passenger side ...

for a few little things done but had to spend a few hours rounding up odds and ends like m4 0.7 thread pitch bolts and Inlet/outlet fittings for fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail .

Got the rail shaved down a little so the connectors fit now and it looks like everything will fit nicely , tight but it will look good.

0.020 " off allows me just enough room for the connectors to fit when the rail is fully seated with no interference, but only with the #1 injector rotated forward. I don't know if this matters or what it does with spray pattern but I do know that's the only way it's fitting between this manifold and the head

Getting things sorted out near the firewall. I will probably do a nice heat shield around the downpipe but could also do a cover over the wiring and could too (maybe something maybe that looks like the factory battery cover some audis have ? ) not sure if necessary or not

Found a place for the fuel pressure regulator, will have to remember which port gets plugged . If I remember Inlet is either side and outlet is bottom and one side gets plugged in a single rail set-up

Next I need to find a spot for the breather catch can , may go between the booster and connectors ? Unsure

Comment

Great work again. Fascinating seeing it all come together
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X