No announcement yet.

1983 UrQuattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Greg I love making progress and not having this car on the back burner anymore . Need to get it running and getting closer

Comment

Fuel lines in and catch can placed in the engine bay and finished the lines.

Ended up having to cut the fuel lines way lower and put in new fittings which is super awesome to do in a such a tight spot

Comment

Got some spacers done for the PS pump and just need 2x 12mm spacers for the Alternator then I will be on To making the tensioners.

So let's see if my memory serves me correct or not. This is the first 3B block I've had , past engines were AAN . This is a 3B block with aan head which shouldn't change anything as far as the belt goes .

The timing belt looks tight to me .

I've double checked my PN 054 109 119 G . If I want to get the belt on the tensioner has to be as loose as it can go and that puts the belt at proper tension .absolutely no slack anywhere .

Idler pulley looks right too : INA F-220125

Bottom pulley is stock , can gear is Tommi's billet for I-5

Comment

Been a while . Reworked a ton of things. Figured the timing belt out . Idler/roller was from AAN not 3B so the dia was off by some 10Mm or so (it matters!)
          Sorted now with new TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Test fitting intake

Remade catch can (so it fits under the hood)

Painted parts

Comment

“New”
              Radiator

Reworked power steering pump mount to get it perfect in line

More to come...

Comment

What is the black paint you are using? It looks tough.

It must also be pretty heat resistant to have it on the turbo housing!

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance
                  What is the black paint you are using? It looks tough.

It must also be pretty heat resistant to have it on the turbo housing!
                  I started with bare sandblasted metal, went to acid etch primer , black primer then a few coats of wrinkle coat . I did not put the wrinkle coat on super thick though. Did about 3 coats , 5 min apart .

I have used it on valve covers in the past and it seems to hold up really well against small scratches from install / tools / etc

Comment

Finally ready to throw a belt on the PS pump and Alternator . Linkages done .

Custom power steering line is finished .

Just need to finish one small adapter that I think will have to be made in the lathe . Need to make a conversion from this (unknown?) fitting at the rack to JIC

Turbo blanket

Comment

Got some other little things done a couple of which I’m quite excited about.
                      Have some stainless coming up so I’m
                      Working on a set up to back purge and I’m looking forward to trying it.

New tool.

Turbo intake piece design is about complete , but next is to make it one piece .

Notches machined our for the bolts

And a little Venturi in the inside . Need to finish polishing

Comment

Tried the backpurge setup, making some pipes for my cooling system .

I guess lack of backpurge was not the reason why my welds don’t look cool

Comment

I ran out of metal so I had to make this in like
                          800 pcs

Pretty good clearance for the PS pump and intercooler

I think I might have to get rid of the orange in the engine bay.

Comment

good stuff!

welding things is very satisfying, even more so when they fit like these bits do!

Comment

Thanks Steve. It’s looking like they’ll fit and will and still allow room for power steering line and oil cooler in I do put it there .

Comment

New firesleeve

Next few things to do. Locate oil
                                Cooler and also figure out the fan(s?) and make a shroud for them.
                                Two fans just barely too big to fit

May run this

Comment

Working...
                                X