No announcement yet.

1983 UrQuattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME job done !! the project i sooo interesting !
    btw which items are you buying to do thisplease :

thanks

Tof
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twoqu View Post
      Can we have some more details on the inlet manifold. Looks a nice piece of kit!
      here is a link to the website from the manufacturer:
      http://www.bst-turbo.de/home/ansaugb...s2-rs2-s4-200/

Comment

Originally posted by Macchris View Post
        AWESOME job done !! the project i sooo interesting !
        btw which items are you buying to do thisplease :

thanks

Tof
        Tof. The suspension can be obtained from EFI Express, 2Bennett, Ground Control, or a few other suppliers. Later today when I get time I will try and find all the #'s

Also can put together your own kit using parts from A-1 Racing but I don't think it ends up being cheaper. A-1 RACING
        Also I believe 2bennett modifies the struts to fit in the Audi tubes.

To put a kit together you would need:
        Koni Struts = P/N 8610-1262 Sport (x4)
        Springs = Ground control 200.64.58 (8" x 2.5" ID x 340 LB/IN) (x2), Ground control 200.64.77 (8" x 2.5" ID x 440 LB/IN) (x2)
        Adjustable threaded sleeves (x4)
        Weld on "perch rings" (x4)
        Top Hats = A-1 Racing P/N 12470 (x4)
        Upper strut mounts of your choice, I am running these....
        Comp Brake Spherical Mounts

Comment

that's an expensive intake, 1499 euro
          i have to admit it's looking good
          audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
          TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
          AEM W/M injection

Comment

I paid a little less but you're right its expensive an I believe even the Wagner is on par with that or maybe even cheaper. As far as flow numbers I am not sure what the comparison would look like.

Comment

thanks for all the info, sadly i'm other side of the pond so i guess the price would be really expensive,
              i search for a solution for typ85 GTQ less than 6/700 for 4 corners but i think i'm dreaming
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Macchris View Post
                thanks for all the info, sadly i'm other side of the pond so i guess the price would be really expensive,
                i search for a solution for typ85 GTQ less than 6/700 for 4 corners but i think i'm dreaming
                Mine was 453 + shipping without the Koni struts.
                You could put together the coils without too much headache as long as you can find a place that sells the threaded sleeves. At one point I even used a set from ebay that was built for a volkswagen , you could probably find the sleeves adjuster rings. Anybody that sells eibach or similar springs could set you up with springs for proablt about $50 a piece.
                Last edited by afterthought; 23 November 2016, 20:33.

Comment

thanks ;-)
                  tof
                  sigpic

Comment

Wiring:

One of the next steps on this project is to start getting the wiring started.

For this car I have purchased the VEMS I-6 "Base" Twin Shield Harness and am attempting to do a portion of the wiring myself, both because I'm cheap and because I'm an idiot.
                    EFI Express supplied me with a pretty sweet set-up, he got me the harness and also all of the pins and connections on the end so I can make these terminations myself and end up with no butt connectors anywhere in the harness. It will make for a real clean setup because it has everything I need and nothing I don't (except one extra injector).

For starters I am laying the harness out and figure which wire is which and label the end so I can make the terminations I need. I'm now trying to acquire data and knowledge about that harness, If anyone has any links to any cool how-to's about understanding the harness and the VEMS computer please feel free to post them here!

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?pa...tBob/UserGuide

V3.6 Pinouts : http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/ind...ic,1266.0.html

Comment

i use vems plug&play,much easier
                      AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                        i use vems plug&play,much easier
                        I know what you mean, I have the PNP ecu for my 4000 but because I already had the AAN harness for that car. The econoseal with this harness when done right will make for a much cleaner set-up and force me to learn how it all works so that way I won't have to rely on others.

Comment

so if i am correct you gonna use this vems with a 3b engine harnas in the ur?
                          AEM W/M injection

Comment

electricity is not my cup of tea too, i'll give this to a shop here who do this for about 400 euros
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice and good progress on the old girl
                              Any rust issues?
                              00 S8
                              94 RS2
                              94 80 Competition
                              88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

I have same standalone setup with VEMS (EC18 & 36), but I decided to go with VW Polo/Lupo 60-2 flywheel trigger(HALL), instead of Auditrigger. Appearently there have been issues with Vems and Auditrigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X