I have a problem with my AAN in type85.
    The fuel pump relay don't close.
    I have this connections:

- T to pin 3 of motronic
    - 87a to injectors N75 etc...
    - 87 to fuel pump
    - 86 +12v after ignitiont
    - 30 +12v permanent

I tried to get 12v to hold it closed but it doesn't want to close.
    i did this:

- T to pin 3 of motronic
    - 87 to fuel pump
    - 86 +12v permanent
    - 30 +12v permanent

result: the relay don't want to close.

All my ground have been controlled with multimeter and are ok. I don't understand the problem
    Something stange when i turn on ignition to start the relay don't close but when i release it i see the relay close and open quickly...

Any idea? Any opinion? i

Thank you for your welcome help.

Comment

I want to ask a another question:

Where is the 87/DFI on the schematics? The cable who go to Lambda.

Comment

post 18 on this thread,never tried it myself

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...der#post535079
        it worked!

Comment

Originally posted by hajbed View Post
          Hello at all.

I have a problem with my AAN in type85.
          The fuel pump relay don't close.
          I have this connections:

- T to pin 3 of motronic
          - 87 to fuel pump
          - 86 +12v after ignitiont
          - 30 +12v permanent

I tried to get 12v to hold it closed but it doesn't want to close.
          i did this:

- T to pin 3 of motronic
          - 87 to fuel pump
          - 86 +12v permanent
          - 30 +12v permanent

result: the relay don't want to close.

All my ground have been controlled with multimeter and are ok. I don't understand the problem
          Something stange when i turn on ignition to start the relay don't close but when i release it i see the relay close and open quickly...

Any idea? Any opinion? i

Thank you for your welcome help.

I forgot to say that the wires are directly connected to the AAN fuel pump relay.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Comment

I did not get my Original fuelpump relay to work in the typ85 fusebox..

I made a new custom setup for the relays, the same way as in the schematics and it worked..

Dont forget to wire up the fuse S73 to lambda. The black cable from the White 12A fuseholder should also go to fuel pump relay.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbend View Post
                I did not get my Original fuelpump relay to work in the typ85 fusebox..

I made a new custom setup for the relays, the same way as in the schematics and it worked..

Dont forget to wire up the fuse S73 to lambda. The black cable from the White 12A fuseholder should also go to fuel pump relay.

Thanks for your reply

So i didn't use the original relay of the type85 in the fusebox to work in to.
                I made also a custom setup with the 5 wires connected directly from the AAN loom to the AAN relay the same way as in the shematics to...
                The fuse S73 is wired to the lambda (Z19).
                I have a doubt for the black cable from the white 12A fuseholder that you said it also go to the relay...i don't know if i connected it i will verify it
                As what i remember, from the loom i have:
                - the 2 blue wired to the 87A
                - the brown/yellow to the T
                - the 3 other wires are not from the loom: +12v, +12 ignition, green/yellow from my fuel pump.

What is the utility of the black cable that you talk about and where is he in the schematics and on the fuep pump relay?

Thank you

Comment

Help

Comment

Guys -
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Please remember that FPRy only activated by Ecu when it is happy that rpm speed is above 13rpm. The manual says 23 but it's a typo - I have been doing some open heart ecu testing on the bench this week and can tell you this with certainty ... Ecu pin 3 is switched to 0v only when rpm exceeds that speed and you need more than 0.5v pkpk volts on the rpm signal as well for the ecu to be happy.

Only relay the ecu clicks on at turn of the key is the internal holding relay - you should see 12v at pins 37 and 55 when ignition is on. And also 5v at pin 12.
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                        Please remember that FPRy only activated by Ecu when it is happy that rpm speed is above 13rpm. The manual says 23 but it's a typo - I have been doing some open heart ecu testing on the bench this week and can tell you this with certainty ... Ecu pin 3 is switched to 0v only when rpm exceeds that speed and you need more than 0.5v pkpk volts on the rpm signal as well for the ecu to be happy.

Only relay the ecu clicks on at turn of the key is the internal holding relay - you should see 12v at pins 37 and 55 when ignition is on. And also 5v at pin 12.
                        Thanks for tour replay.
                        All these things was known
                        And i controlled all the motronic pins with igniton on and they are ok. :mischeif:

But i hope a reply about the famous black cable Tbend is talking about. Any opinion ?

Thanks

Comment

Hope someone comment the S73 fuse

Comment

Originally posted by Tbend View Post
                            Hope someone comment the S73 fuse
                            On the Motronic schematic the S73 fuse is connected one side with the 87F pin of the fuel pumpe relay and the other side with the lambda. It's the connections i made. But what is the destiny of the black cable....i don't know

Comment

I've been marking my S6 '95 AAN wiring and some parts are missing...

Car has external immobiliser module, just like early audi A4 1.8T
                              I have 6 wires coming out of it:
                              1 - brown - ground
                              2 - brown - ground
                              3 - violet - to light bulb in speedometer panel (switched ground, right?)
                              4 - black - 15. from ignition
                              5 - green/black - to T6x (don't know symbol, but it's violet) pin #5
                              6 - green/red - to T6x pin #6
                              Is this correct?

What is purpose for T6A/T6AG (black) coding connector? Can it stay disconnected?

I have some more questions about some wires in T6 connectors, but I'll search myself before asking.
                              5vtq gte

Comment

5vtq gte

Comment

Working...
                                X