AAN Loom into type 85 Coupe Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
    Don't understand that. What is 87f? Maybe H87f? Arcording to fuse block scheme H87f is bridged to B87f and they are bridged to 87a when FP relay in switched
    No, I had soldered wrong "87" AAN wires together. And I think one more.

Last edited by Val; 6 February 2014, 18:34.
    5vtq gte

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
      T1h yellow - yellow fuel consumption to ecu.
      Must be this one. But different connector.
      Attached Files
      5vtq gte

Comment

A photo of yellow connector on audi 80 from the engine loom side. I have seen it exactly like this in 5 different wiring looms I dealt with (from 87 to 91model years).
        There must be a related yellow female connector in dash wiring loom.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, i saw this plug yesterday when searching through the rest of the cut ecu-fusefox loom.
          It's connected to Fuel Injection ECU/10.
          MDZ @s2forum said that it's possible to connect Fuel consumption (ECU/31) but not trip computer (with boost) from ECU pin #32.
          5vtq gte

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
            Throw that immo box completely away and solder together K-Line and W-Line.
            W-Line goes from immo to pin 55 in ECU, K-Line goes from immo to diag socket.

Find those two wires, connect them together, the rest you can just tape off.

Then disable immo in ECU, done.
            I did it today, first I put a jumper between the pins to test with the multimeter and then cut, weld and a little piece of heat shrink tubing. I wrote K line on both wires to don't confuse my mind

Cheers

Comment

I do not know what you soldered, but this is not the connector i meant. The one I meant is the immobox connector behind the dash.
              But it is possible that the K-Line connects also to this connector and it works this way too.
              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

I tried to identify the connector name, but I don't know...because I bought only the harness from cooperquattro and I didn't remove it from the donor car, and I think that the connector colour is pink??...and I don't find it here

I opened the ecu connector to see the pin 55 wire colour, green/black, and it goes straight to this connector, like the green/red, straight from K line connector to this "pink" connector

Comment

Hi guys, I have 2 problems in the old typ.85 loom...

First, the fuel pump relay, I have permanent +12v(pin 30/fuse box pin 48) and +12v switched(pin 46/fuse box pin 15), but I haven't got ground in the fuse box(pin 1/fuse box 51)...I put a ground wire straigh from the body to the B1 connector under the fuse box, wire colour ro/sw/ge, and the relay works but the fuel pump don't...I bridge pin 48 & 52 and the fuel pump works fine. I could make what quattro-nick told but... What could be my problem??
                  http://www.kvquattro.com/AudiCoupeWiring/56.tif

Second, I lost the oil pressure, batery and coolant warning lights in the dash any idea??(the fuel gauge and the leds center console works fine)

Also I put together the old coil wires, all +12 together and the same with the grounds....but nothing, all the same

Comment

pin 1 is not a straight ground,it's a wire that gives a signal to the fuel pump relay during starting and running from the engine
                    the same signal is also used for the rpm gauge in the dash on a b2
                    unfortunately an AAN ECU have no signal wire like that so the fuelp pump relay wont work
                    Therefore I have adapted my relay as mentioned in reply 21
                    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                    AEM W/M injection

Comment

thanks for your fast replay mate, and what kind of signal need?? morse...I remember that I saw the relay scheme, who has in one side, and the simbol who has between the two coil contacts (actually had three) looks like the picture...this was my face

I supposed(better, I wanted to believe) that was ground (as usually) what I need to close the relay circuit...but the ro/sw/ge wire comes from coil negative terminal...maybe send pulse signal to the relay

Any idea for the missing dash lights??

Comment

hi
                        for your rpm signal that you need for fuel pump relay and tacho check this thread from
                        post 7

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=tacho+signal

for your dash lights,i dont have a wire diagram from the dash but you can check if you have a +15 (switch voltage) on your dash and also check the blue wire that goes to the alternator d+.if you remove the blue wire on the alternator and give the wire a ground,then the battery light will have to burn.it's also possible that your dash is broke
                        AEM W/M injection

Comment

Yes, I take a look but now I'm with the warning lights

I have switch voltaje on the dash, I have fuel gauge, lights and hand brake...no clock because was damaged...I bough the car with this fault

I did it long time ago but the alternator light doesn't work, I checked the dash lights and are ok. The dash worked fine until the swap, except the clock

Today I removed the white wire from the pressure oil sensor and the oil light works and the relay sounds...I think that the sensor it's bad, I'll trie with another one

Here you are the diagrams
                          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...7&postcount=26

the alternator light comes from the oil control unit...I'll check all

Comment

More updates, the temperature bulb works, but only when I bridge the coolant tank conector, like when the coolant is too low

Finally I made what you did for the fuel pump relay, but I changed the fuel pump relay for a 70A common relay from a coupe B3/B4( maybe fan or blower, I don't remember... I took from my spare parts) and cut the fuel pump ground (it's located under the right side of rear seat) with a switch who put the previous owner to cut ignition

Comment

tomorrow i'll check the alternator dash bulb and dash

Comment

AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                                X