No announcement yet.

AAN Loom into type 85 Coupe Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw that immo box completely away and solder together K-Line and W-Line.
    W-Line goes from immo to pin 55 in ECU, K-Line goes from immo to diag socket.

Find those two wires, connect them together, the rest you can just tape off.

Then disable immo in ECU, done.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

This is temporary anyways, I need this just for couple of days to start the engine. After that we'll think about it. Maybe just put it under the dash including key with capsule. Maybe disabling it, maybe standalone, maybe not... don't know what the owner of that car have in his mind.

Wiring should be fine, don't think VAG would be using different wire colours in here
      5vtq gte

Comment

OK, I got some missunderstandings with myself

ANN wiring loom.
        T6C red connector. Some other places referred as T6B (like in first page of this topic).
        Pin #1 brown/red coming directly from Vehiche speed sensor G22.

So, my question, why I need T6A green connector pin #3 white/blue which is coming from AAN ECU pin #50?
        Found out that it connects to the G21 speedometer from "top of attached image" though T26/7.

Which one to solder to the typ89 wiring?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Val; 18 January 2014, 18:14.
        5vtq gte

Comment

It's pretty simple.

G22 is on the gearbox and provides speed signal into the speedo on the dash. The speedo generates the VSS signal which can be connected to multiple other things such as ECU, HVAC, ABS etc

You can find the source of VSS at pin 7 on T26 behind the speedo on that ws/bl wire but it is often easier to find at the radio plugs where it gets used for GALA function.

Typ85 machines generally do not have VSS but there are aftermarket ways to create it - kind of handy for doing launch control ;-)
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks, in the end I connected G22 to T10/8 black plug in aux relay panel under the dash and left wire from ECU/50 pin alone.

Found GRA (whatever it means) output from speedometer on A18.
            http://www.autolib.diakom.ru/CAR/Aud...RAMS/fig07.pdf
            http://www.s2central.net/S2_Schematics/A/A13.PDF
            That means I can connect those two and that's it
            A18 in yellow plug = T10/9 but that's empty pin - have to check other connector end.

There's too much wires for me today.

Basically I'm creating combinating of complete AAN loom and B-connector under fusebox, oil pressure relay and T10/T5 connectors from B3 audi 90.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Val; 18 January 2014, 22:47.
            5vtq gte

Comment

Code:
              (T6b) Red 6 pin connector.

1		Brown/Red	(0.5)		Vehicle Speed Sensor (G22)
              3		Black/Blue	(1.5)		ECU pin 22, Relay position 4/15a.
              4		Blue/Red	(1.0)		----- Yet to be established ----
              5		Blue/Black	(0.5)		ECU pin 31
              6		Grey/Red	(0.5)		Hydraulic Pressure Control Switch (F79)
              4/6 pin is for backup lights.

Code:
              6Pin Light Brown plug, 3 pins have connections. I cant find this on schematics but can locate and label the wires.

3		Black		(4.0)		Fuse S115, pin 1
              4		2x Blue	(1.5/2.5)	1.5 – Fuse S116 pin 1, 2.5 – Fuse S75 pin 1
              5		Brown/Yellow	 (0.5)		T6e/6
              5/6 pin
              My multimeter showed that this goes from ECU pin #3 and is signal for the Fuel pump relay.
              Couldn't find T6e/6 connection with after run.
              Last edited by Val; 1 February 2014, 10:34.
              5vtq gte

Comment

Now I have weird issue.

Engine cold. Turn on ignition. Fuel pump relay ON. That's not how is has to be but read on.

After some time engine has run, I turn off engine to "ignition on" state but fuel pump relay is still ON.
                Next move: turn ignition OFF - fuel pump relay is still ON.

I have to remove and reinsert ECU fuse to shut it off. Not touching igtion key before and after...

Disconnecting ECU pin #3 from fuel pump relay "signal" wire does nothing. Relay is still running.

I have tried 2 FP relays.
                Last edited by Val; 5 February 2014, 23:46.
                5vtq gte

Comment

on my typ85 AAN swap i actually swapped in an audi 1992 90 fuse box. its plug and play for the most part and it has the extra pin for the fuel pump relay that the AAN ECU needs to turn the fuel pump on. if i can find my notes when i did my swap i'll post up how i did it. the loom actually fits the typ85 chassis nicely in the engine bay and under the dash. i fabricated the false floor from the URS4 donor car i bought as well.
                  "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

I already swapped the S pin in the black plug under the typ89 (yes, 89; not 85) fusebox - that should turn FP relay on.

There is one "15" wire in the same black plug that is connevted to black "15" eyelet from the AAN loom.
                    If I take out that pin from black plug, then FP relay is silent, but I can't start the engine. If that pin is directly connected to ignition switch "15", the same old problem.

Tomorrow I'm moving FP relay out of fusebox and connection it according to AAN. I just need some connectors for 87F.

I'm defeated.

Could it be that holding relay in motronic ecu isn't disconnecting or faulty?

This is my black plug. Sorry for the mess...
                    Last edited by Val; 4 February 2014, 20:21.
                    5vtq gte

Comment

Are You sure, the ignition switch is OK? Which PF relay are You using?

Not sure i can help, not swapping yet, just investigating harnesses, and it seems to me the mapping should be like this:

T89 B15 - AAN T6o/3
                      T89 BS - AAN T6o/5
                      T89 B15a - AAN T6c/3
                      T89 B50A - leave T89 starter wire
                      T89 87a - AAN T6o/4
                      T89 O - AAN Eyelet Black
                      T89 L30 AAN Eyelet Red

Does it coinside with Yours?
                      Last edited by _ShurikeN; 6 February 2014, 08:50.

Comment

i also put an AAN loom i a type 85 and used the origional fp relay of the car.
                        I have an easy solution,I have open the relay and make a wire bridge between +15 and the plus of the relay coil so that the fuelpump runs all the time with ignition on

afterwards, I have a switch placed between the green-red wire that goes to the fuelpump so I can shut it off for theft or programming the ecu or........ without the pump constantly running
                        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                        AEM W/M injection

Comment

Yes, ignition switch is OK. Didn't have problems with previous engine.
                          Right now i'm using AAN relay.
                          2.3 NG relay is similar, but with more pins but works identical to AAN relay.

Your pinout looks similar to mine.
                          T89 B15 - AAN T6H/3
                          T89 BS - AAN T6H/5
                          T89 B15a - AAN T6C/3 and T6C/4
                          T89 B50A - leave T89 starter wire
                          T89 B87F (better than "O" because B87F is fused - S13) - AAN Eyelet Black and AAN T6H/4
                          T89 L30 - AAN Eyelet Red

T6H=brown, T6C=red plug in AAN. You have it named differently but we are talking about same plugs Could be different wiring diagrams...

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                          I have an easy solution,I have open the relay and make a wire bridge between +15 and the plus of the relay coil so that the fuelpump runs all the time with ignition on
                          This is not solution to my problem.
                          Cheers.

Last edited by Val; 6 February 2014, 10:38.
                          5vtq gte

Comment

Solved. I had wired 87a un 87f together to B87f. Later will post complete list with dash wiring.

Didn't have time yet for typ89 trip computer.

Thanks for help.
                            Cheers.
                            5vtq gte

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                              B87F (better than "O" because B87F is fused - S13)
                              Agree.

Originally posted by Val View Post
                              Solved. I had wired 87a un 87f together to B87f.
                              Don't understand that. What is 87f? Maybe H87f? Arcording to fuse block scheme H87f is bridged to B87f and they are bridged to 87a when FP relay in switched.

Isnt' t Trip computer just a job of yellow Typ89 T1h == AAN T6c/5 ?
                              VSS must be connected with that, of course.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Its very raw, but maybe will be helpful for smb:

'90-91 Typ89 NG engine harness interface pinout:
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------

T5 black
                                T5/1 white/grey - F1 oil pressure switch 1.8bar
                                T5/2 empty
                                T5/3 brown/green - Both ECUs with bridge to black diagnosis plug T2c/1
                                T5/4 empty
                                T5/5 violet/black - VEZ ECU

T10 black
                                T10/1 - grey/yellow - brake fluid level switch
                                T10/2 - blue/brown - MFTS F76 1/T
                                T10/3 - blue/black - F22 oil pressure switch 0.3bar
                                T10/4 - blue/yellow - MFTS F76 4/C (bridge with T3/2)
                                T10/5 - blue - alternator
                                T10/6 - brown - earth
                                T10/7 - green/blue - engine speed signal (tachometer)
                                T10/8 - brown/red - G22 gearbox Vehicle speed signal (+bridge to AAN ECU/50pin)
                                T10/9 - empty
                                T10/10 - empty

T3 brown
                                T3/1 - gn/ro B53C - V5 windscreen washer pump
                                T3/2 - blue/yellow - MFTS F76 4/C (bridge with T10/4)
                                T3/3 - br/gn F87 thermo switch for fan run-on

T3a red
                                T3a/1 - ECU
                                T3a/2 - empty
                                T3a/3 - empty

T1h yellow - yellow fuel consumption to ecu.

T1d White - blue/white MFTS F76 2

Single red + from ACC - L30

T2a white round
                                T2a/1 - bl/ro F4/2 reversing light switch == T6c/4 AAN
                                T2a/2 - sw/bl F4/3 reversing light switch with bridge to B15a

B-staecker black 8:

B53G(C) gn/ro - T3/1
                                B50A red/black or black - Starter 50
                                B15a black/blue - F4/3 reversing light with bridge to T2a/2
                                == ==
                                B15a black/blue - F76 3/+
                                BS gn/li - Ignition ECU J154 14 or Motronic ECU. ECU feeding?
                                B15 black - feeding of ign. coil, ECU sensors, etc.through fuses
                                B1(l) empty(?)
                                B87F empty(?)

Single black/red brown plug - M30az

Single red/black green plug - M30ac(?M30ag?)(? if comes to T2b/2 black diagnosis)

--
                                Staecker for aux gauges - not in the common engine harness.

T2s brown round
                                T2s/1 - bl/ws - G10 Oilpressure sender
                                T2s/2 - gn/sw - G8 Oil temperature sender

--
                                mapping to AAN or outside:

B15 - T6o/3
                                87a - T6o/4
                                BS - T6o/5
                                B15a - T6c/3
                                B50A - leave stock starter wire

=============================================
                                AAN S6 engine harness interface pinout
                                - - - - - - - -
                                terminal - engine harness side - target
                                ---------------------------------------------------------
                                Eyelet black - ?lambda heating through fuse? - 87F on fuseboard (?87F)
                                Eyelet red - ?ecu feed?(?ECU T55/18?) - permanent 12V (?L30)

Eyelet green/red - ECU T55/55 - DLC(L?K) and T2/2
                                Eyelet White/red - ECU T55/13 - DLC(K?L) and T2/1

T6e white
                                T6e/6 Brown/Yellow - coolant pump relay J115/J155(324) 5/87a (at 5/9) - Afterrun coolant fan relay J69(214) at 4/86

T6o brown
                                T6o/3 - Black - ECU(T55/27) and coils switched feed throug fuse S115 - 15 (switched pwr on 4A)
                                T6o/4 - Blue - injectors & MAF feed through fuse S116 and WGFV,N80,N71 feed through fuse S75 - 87a of J17 Fuel Pump Relay
                                T6o/5 - Brown/Yellow - ECU T55/3(signal for the Fuel pump relay) (?==T6e/6?) - ?

T4m Black
                                T4m/1 - Black/white - G10 oil pressure - oil pressure gauge
                                T4m/2 - Black/Brown - G8 oil temp sender - oil temp gauge

T6c Red
                                T6c/1 - Brown/red - G22 Vehicle speed sensor
                                T6c/3 - Black/blue - F76 3/+ bridge to ECU T55/22 bridge to F4/1 reversing light switch bridge to Data link connector (blink-codes) - Fuse S14(+) == T2a/1 in audi 80 NG
                                T6c/4 - Blue/red - F4/2 reversing light switch - reverse light lamps and mirror control unit
                                T6c/5 - Blue/Black - ECU T55/31 fuel consumption signal - Dash boardcomputer
                                T6c/6 - Grey/Red - F79 Hudraulic pressure control switch (servo brakes) - Dash autocheck

T6a Green
                                T6a/1 - Lilac/black - ECU T55/40 output of engine speen signal (tachometer) - dash tacho
                                T6a/3 - White/blue - ECU T55/50 with bridge to T6/1 Vehicle speed sensor
                                T6a/4 - Grey/yellow - F34 Brake Fluid Level Warning Switch - autocheck
                                T6a/5 - Brown/Yellow - F76 1/T ECT Thermal switch (MFTS) - Temp gauge and autocheck
                                T6a/6 - Brown - earth - ?

T6d Grey
                                T6d/1 - Yellow/Blue - ECU T55/32 - Trip computer boost pressure gauge
                                T6d/3 - Blue - Voltage regulator/Alternator - dash alternator charging bulb
                                T6d/4 - Blue/Yellow - F76 4/C ECT Thermal switch (MFTS) - autocheck
                                T6d/5 - Blue/Black - F22 0.3 bar oil pressure switch - autocheck
                                T6d/6 - White/Grey - F1 1.8 bar oil pressure switch - autocheck

T6 blue
                                T6/1 - White/blue - Vehicle speed signal bridged to T6a/3 and ECU T55/50 - A/C control head (vehicle speed signal)
                                T6/2 - blue/green - F76 2/R ECT Thermal switch (MFTS) - A/C control head (engine coolant temp signal)
                                T6/3 - white - ECU T55/41 - A/C control head (increase engine idle speed)
                                T6/4 - green/yellow - ?ECU? - A/C control head (shutdown on full load)

-------------
                                mapping to audi 80:

T6o/3 - B15
                                T6o/4 - 87a
                                T6o/5 - BS
                                T6c/3 - B15a
                                Eylt Black - O 0 internally bridged to B87F and H87F via S13 and N via S22
                                eylt Red - L30

Comment

Working...
                                X