Trip computer display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip computer display

As mine has almost completely dried out now, I need a new one. I'm sure I've read before that someone was looking for an off the shelf LCD display that could be used as a replacement, anybody remember this? Or is the display still used on any newer models?
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

If you find answer to this please let me know mine drives me mad can read half a number now.

Comment

trip computer

Hi Guys.

I have a flawless fulling functioning S2 computer display module unit in standard measure. the warning display and info screen are in perfect working order.

You would only have to swap out your country coding chip as described on the S2 central web page from your old unit. It is for fueling measure and usage. Other than that it is plug and play.

$100 US plus $25 shipping OBO

regards,
      joe
      audicoupeparts@yahoo.com

Comment

I need one too. PM please .
        800HP 800++Nm

Comment

I've found this company in the USA who already do a DIY replacment LCD screen for the climate control and they also do rebuilt instrument binnacles for the UrS6, so they are familiar with the clocks. I've sent them an email asking if they can do anything with the trip computer.

http://www.modulemaster.com/en/servi...i_lcd_kit.html

I'll report back my findings.
          sigpic

Comment

ask them about a group buy ? might give you a good price for ten of them - I got two that could be rebuilt since the frost of two years ago !!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
              I've found this company in the USA who already do a DIY replacment LCD screen for the climate control and they also do rebuilt instrument binnacles for the UrS6, so they are familiar with the clocks. I've sent them an email asking if they can do anything with the trip computer.

http://www.modulemaster.com/en/servi...i_lcd_kit.html

I'll report back my findings.
              I've had a reply to my mail and it looks like they may be able to help us out, but they want to have a unit to test. Does anybody have a set of clocks I can borrow to send to them for testing?
              sigpic

Comment

I have a "dead" computer module. Its info display lcd is empty. I live in the USA. I would offer it for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by AudiCoupeParts View Post
                  I have a "dead" computer module. Its info display lcd is empty. I live in the USA. I would offer it for testing.
                  Thanks, I need to check if they want the trip computer module or the whole instruement cluster.
                  sigpic

Comment

My thought was if somebody had a bad set of clocks and a good trip module we could just combine the 2 bad parts and send them. Instead of risking any good for testing.

Comment

It seems there may be a small difference in the US model, so I stlll need one from a UK car. Just need the trip computer not the whole binnacle, and it does not need to be working.
                      sigpic

Comment

someone must have one for testing. obviously mine has leaked it still works as such but numbers unreadable. id send mine but its in the car

Comment

LCD Display

Might be light at the end of the tunnell, as got a reply from chaps in the UK, who repair A4 screens, and he looking to see if he can find a display to fit the trip computer - will keep ye all updated !!

Many thanks

Stan

Comment

Hi,

I have from Audi 100 2.8 V6. Can help?
                            .: MINI Cooper D 08' :.
                            .: Audi Coupe Quattro 20V 91' :.
                            .: Audi Porsche RS2 95' :.

Comment

If someone has C3 200 or C4 100 (a6 won't fit) display lying around, give it a shot. They looks identical and pin alignment on display itself is the same (not sure about pinout). I had one and was about to test-fit, but i broke it
                              BTW i managed to repair mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X