This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

The Quantum is okay for an own brand oil, but own brand is the basic option.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT+, Motul Sport/300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Castrol Edge/Magnatec, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Regards

Tim
    Use the code S2F and get 10% Club Discount
    oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944

Comment

• Originally posted by oilman View Post
      Hi

The Quantum is okay for an own brand oil, but own brand is the basic option.

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT+, Motul Sport/300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Castrol Edge/Magnatec, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Regards

Tim
      Great cheers Tim . I've ordered from you some time ago over on the cosworth website, - used to own a escos, and more recently had some Titan for gearbox and diff for the s2 few years back. Think I'll run the quantum for a few weeks as a " flush " then I'll order some silkolene or the motul maybe ..I'll be in touch.

Comment

• hi oilman,
        i wanted to ask you, if Castrol Power 1 Racing Engine oil 10W-50 is good for a audi 10v turbo engine with 2,3 N/A block, Mahle TFSI Pistons and solid lifters.
        i rebuilt the engine and am now running shell helix 10w-40 during brake in.. any other recommendations?

thanks!
        1990 Audi 100 2.2 Turbo Quattro with VEMS, K24 2480, ported and milled 10v head

Comment

• Hi

You can use those oils, but there are better options. Something like the Millers CFS, Fuchs Pro S or Red Line 10w-50 would be better option than the Castrol. For the running in, you really want a mineral oil, like Millers CRO 10w-40.

Cheers

Tim
          oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers

Comment

• Hi Simon, i have CQ 20V (2.3 20V 7A engine) i am running Valvoline 10W60 and if i go hard (on the street) the oil temp is around 130 degrees. I have prepared an 19 row Oil cooler in the front of the mask. Any ideas?Whats the best oil for my spec? I drive almost 80% street (touges) and 20% circuit (BRNO). What about DIFF oil and GEARBOX oil?I can find anything whats is 100% sure..
            Thanks lot mate
            Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Hi

I would get the oil cooler fitted and then see what the temps are then. I would think a 5w-40 or 10w-40 would be the best option, but if it only drops to 120C, then a 10w-50 might be better.

You need a 75w-90 for the gearbox and diff and here are the ones we have.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-673-75w-90-gear-oil.aspx

If you want to go for the best, the Millers CRX 75w-90 NT, Gulf Competition, Motul Gear 300, Fuchs Race Synchro, Red Line MT90 and Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear lube are ideal for the gearbox. The Castrol Universal/Universal Plus/Syntrans Multivehicle, Motul Motylgear and Fuchs Gear Syn are all decent alternatives. The Fuchs Syn 5, Millers CRX, Red Line 75w-90 GL5, Motul Gear 300 and Gulf Competition are ideal for the diff. The Fuchs Sintopoid, Castrol Syntrax Longlife, Millers TRX, Motul Motylgear, Mobil SHC and Gulf Syngear are also good choices.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• I can also recommend the Fuchs Pro S from Tim for use in the 5 pots after a re-build/running in period, plenty of positive oil pressure...

Comment

• Hi Oilman
                  I have been using Silkolene Pro S 10W-50 in RS2. Fitted with 19 row oil cooler so oil temperature usually not above 90 degrees even pushing hard on track. Would 5W-40 be a better option?
                  Cheers
                  Don
                  ---------------------
                  Everything in perfect working order

Comment

• Hi Don

Yes, 5w-40 would be a better option now and the Pro S is a top quality option.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Audi
                      100 S4
                      AAN
                      2.2T
                      Stage 1 map

Due to work I am doing about 70 miles a day, mostly motorway driving, usually @60-80mph. No track use whatsoever. Just an average daily driver. Been using 5w40 upto now, but seen people suggest 10w40. Live in UK so weather is average too, not too cold or hot
                      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Hi

A 5w-40 is ideal, it will give better cold start protection than a 10w-40, but they are the same viscosity when hot. A 10w-40 is only an advantage when the engine suffers from piston slap when cold or endurance racing.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Hello,

What oil for winter time and some ice tracks also. S2 2.2 3B. About 200kw.
                          Is CASTROL MAGNATEC C3 5W40 5L good oil for that?

Comment

• Hi

With the track use, I would go for something better than that, like the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT+, Motul Sport/300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Thank you! Do you send to Estonia and are there coming discounts? I think i need 5 litres to my engine.

Comment

• Hi

The shipping to Estonia will be £16.20 and here are the current offers.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/t-Current-Offer.aspx

Cheers

Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X