No announcement yet.

Problem after upgrading to RS2 Specification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it matter what octane the software was set up to use?

Wastegate membrane has been check its fine. standard spring in WG. No adjustments have been made its still factory still sealed.

The boost holds at 1.8 bar while accelerating towards 6000 rpm, the boost slowly comes down as the revs increase when at about 1.5 bar at 6000 rpm the boost is instantly cuts back to 0.4 bar, I don't see that as overboosting as it has slowly come down from 1.8 to 1.5. If it was overboosting then I would have thought it should have happened when it was at 1.8 bar.

Am I correct in saying the knock sensor will normally operate in the mid rev range? and a fuel pressure drop will normally occur high in the rev range? when the injectors are requesting the maximum delivery.

Even thought the car was fitted with a new Bosch 044 pump and the filter was replaced I am going to check the pressure at 6000 rpm. to make sure I have the pressure need.
    Last edited by orsum; 27 March 2018, 19:22.

Comment

Knock sensors will leave a DTC if boost is cut... forget about it.
      Fuel starvation won't result in boost cut.
      Boost sounds about right 1.8 tapering to 1.45 at 7000 rpm.

Check that your inlet hose is not collapsing. Try a run without the air filter and see if that solves the issue.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Will do that tonight.

Comment

Unable to do a full test due to traffic on the road.

Will do the test over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by orsum
            Unable to do a full test due to traffic on the road.

Will do the test over the weekend.
            If you need a silicone MAF hose I have a spare one

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Looking at what is planned for the car I think its only right that I take a cautious approach to the cars hose reliability and replace all the 22 year old turbo hoses. I do not wish to have an issue driving through isolated areas whishing I had replaced hoses.

With the small test last night the car did not cut back the boost which is indicating Prj was spot on with his diagnoses that the turbo inlet hose could be collapsing. I will be doing more test runs this weekend but it does appear that this hose is a problem.

Prj do you have a recommendation on improving the ABY air inlet, air filter and turbo inlet hose system. Also from the turbo outlet to the throttle body is there anything in your opinion that I can do that will improve the cars reliability and performance.

newsh what make and colour of hose do you have?

I see two makes of hose available the Samco and Roose both look suitable. Anybody have advice on which to use.

Comment

If it is indeed collapsing then simply replacing it with a silicone hose or a new piece will do the job. Also, check your air filter, make sure it's not blocked. Some sort of k&n filter might help with the flow of the airbox, if there is excessive vacuum. Verify that this is indeed the problem though - although all the indications suggest it is, as in most other conditions there would be faults logged.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Thank Prj will do more test. The air system is the stock ABY and the air filter is new. I was thinking with the inlet to the air filter being smaller on the S2 than the RS2 it could be adding to the inlet restriction.

Let me get the all the hoses replace anyway. Going to tale 4 to 6 weeks to arrive so its another wait for parts.

Comment

my advice.... Roose over Samco ANY day of the week.... Roose also use nomex liner on the turbo hose, samco not.

Roose would supply you quicker than 6 weeks too - depending on your local postage though i guesss.
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Roose all day long I am in the process of changing all my Samco hoses they are not as good as Roose if you call them they are really helpful and do special order items I got a throttle body hose to my spec made and delivered in 2 weeks

Comment

Delivery issues are only once the item gets to SA. I have had parts arrive from the UK in two days which is great, from J/Burg customs it can take up to 8 weeks to do the rest of the distance. Our customs and postal service is not good no matter what priority service you pay for.

Roose it is. Anybody like to comment on the hose clamps they supply

Comment

Pretty sure Roose supply JCS HI Grip stainless hose clips..... which are superb quality....
                          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

had some hoses from Roose the quality is good the material is thicker, and comes with a life time waranty as i read somewhere. oh the airbox/turbo hose is not that easy to fit but with a bit of skill you will do it to.

Comment

I have Roose on my S2 aby Boost and water. Very happy with them and a great company to deal with, stainless clips can be polished if you like.

Comment

So the test was good and bad.

Good thing without the air filter the boost seemed ok.

With the air filter installed the problem returned.

Tried it one more time and then whoosh all the boost started coming out of the wrong place and the performance was gone. No more testing until I get some boost hoses.

Faults logged after test run

Address 01: Engine Labels: None
                                Part No: Stg 3 Rev 3
                                Component: prj: audichip@gmail.com
                                VCID: 45D6A112CCBC379F01E-4A84

2 Faults Found:
                                00561 - Mixture Adaptation
                                13-10 - Adaptation Limit (Mul) Not Reached - Intermittent
                                00544 - Maximum Boost Pressure Exceeded
                                27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
                                Readiness: N/A
                                Last edited by orsum; 1 April 2018, 14:49. Reason: added fault log after test run

Comment

Working...
                                X