Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like my eboost2. no way would i go back but then I cant program motronic. I use it with an early vems which has poor boost control

you gotta use the tools correctly whatever they may be.

problem wioth boost controllers is the user not the controller. still needs a limit setting in the map for failsafe whatever system is used

Comment

Dredging up an old sticky, has this debate moved on since?

Having read this thread and separately returned our Ur to stock ECU it would seem the tuners applied a similar theory of disabling overboost fuel cut-off and either (Ur) mechanically upping the boost or S2/4 remapping and/or mechanically upping the boost.

I’ve got three Motronic ECUs here, Nothelle, MTM and a Homefry, so the assumption is at least some of the protection afforded by the N75 cycle could have been disabled on some of them. The diagnostic facility has certainly been turned off on the MTM, but has anyone got to the bottom of how neanderthal these ‘period’ Motronic tunes were?
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Sorry for bringing up an old discussion….
        What are the symptoms of a bad/faulty N75?
        On my RS2 - all of a sudden I’m experiencing intermittent boost issues. On initial start up and go, after warmed up she boosts fine. Then max 0.4, but if I switch off and on - restart the car - she boosts fine for a while and then max 0.4.
        I removed and cleaned the N75, hoping it would solve the problem
        Is it possible for the N75 to cause intermittent problems. I’ll obviously try and get another, but asking if there is anything else I should be looking at. I’ve checked and no boost leaks
        TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe limp mode?

Try with test mode some minutes or more
          photobucket SUCKS
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M_GORDON View Post
            Maybe limp mode?

Try with test mode some minutes or more
            Pull the fault codes then go from there, sounds like something is causing the ECU to go into limp mode (0.4 bar).
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr G View Post
              Sorry for bringing up an old discussion….
              What are the symptoms of a bad/faulty N75?
              On my RS2 - all of a sudden I’m experiencing intermittent boost issues. On initial start up and go, after warmed up she boosts fine. Then max 0.4, but if I switch off and on - restart the car - she boosts fine for a while and then max 0.4.
              I removed and cleaned the N75, hoping it would solve the problem
              Is it possible for the N75 to cause intermittent problems. I’ll obviously try and get another, but asking if there is anything else I should be looking at. I’ve checked and no boost leaks
              TIA

Try cleaning your MAF connector, the pins get a tiny amount of corrosion which upsets the signal to the ECU. Ideally you need to clean the mating surfaces of the female pins in the plug, or replace the pins entirely but a squirt with a good contact cleaner and good wiggle on and off a few times can offer sort it for a few days/weeks

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanx all, I think I may have yanked a vac pipe to the ecu in error?
                Fault code

I’ll have to trace and check
                Will update when I find and solve to challenge
                As usual, this forum or rather the people on this forum are awesomely helpful and knowledgeable - THANX

Comment

The second error isn't one
                  don't worry about it
                  photobucket SUCKS
                  sigpic

Comment

So found, what I thought was the culprit - the hose from the hard green pipe from the ECU to the FPR was a bit flimsy, so replaced that. Then came across another leak - the pipe from the, I think oneway valve - the yellow one, literally crumbled . Now I need to do delicate surgery to remove the piece of pipe that was clamped onto the valve , without breaking the valve........ aah the joys

Comment

An update - admin please move if this shouldn’t be here. I resurrected this thread looking for info on the n75, which I thought was the problem. Anyway I delicately managed to remove the pipe from the “yellow “ valve ? and decided to replace all the vacuum pipes - they were 27 years old?, some of the literally crumbled when touching them?. Those oem clips? are a pain to remove - patience was the secret. All new vac pipes and the intermittent boost issue is history - my little monster is back to her former glory?
                      Thanx for all the input?

I can’t post a vid - will try later
                      Have a good weekend!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X