1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Thanks AndyP will get some ordered
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Alright gents. I'm looking to order new plugs for my 3B with a TFSI coil conversion. What would you recommend I order, was thinking of the FR5DP due to recommendations here but perhaps there is a better plug. I'm currently running F5DPOR but have a stumble in idling and and small throttle conditions so trying to cure that. These were fitted prior to carrying out the coil conversion so possibly not suited to my current setup, also why is one plug better than an other for using in coil conversions, I'm not sure on the reasoning behind it?
        Cheers
        Gordon

Comment

NGK BKR7EIX or 8's dependent on the car's tuning.
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Hey. Thanks for that. Currently running the Volvo 7400 at around 1.5-1.6 bar. Which NGK would you suggest for this state of tune. Are these plugs suitable for use with the coil conversion? Cheers.

Comment

Just checked a spare S4 B5 engine that I've got and forgot that it had brand new OEM plugs. They are NGK PFR6Q. Will these be suitable for the S2 engine? Never really experimented with different plug heat ranges etc so not sure what to expect. Cheers
              Last edited by gmac78; 7 May 2019, 20:17.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                NGK BKR7EIX or 8's dependent on the car's tuning.
                I've been using the BKR8EIX in my 3B set to 0.6mm for the past 4 years without issue, whether blatting around or in traffic
                1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

I purchased BKR 7EIX-11 (1.1mm gap) in error, duh!! Should have been BKR7EIX. Been running them for over a week now, this is on a TFSI coil setup. Last night I experienced misfiring on WOT in high gears. I read somewhere that these plugs are a native plug for the TFSI setup so thought leaving them on the pregap of (1.1mm) would be ok. Has anyone experienced this with these plugs, how much can I safely gap them down to? Highest boost levels I see is 1.55 bar on the Volvo 7400 turbo. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
                    I purchased BKR 7EIX-11 (1.1mm gap) in error, duh!! Should have been BKR7EIX. Been running them for over a week now, this is on a TFSI coil setup. Last night I experienced misfiring on WOT in high gears. I read somewhere that these plugs are a native plug for the TFSI setup so thought leaving them on the pregap of (1.1mm) would be ok. Has anyone experienced this with these plugs, how much can I safely gap them down to? Highest boost levels I see is 1.55 bar on the Volvo 7400 turbo. Cheers
                    Had misfire on WOT at higher boost levels until I reduced gap. Recommend trying 0.7mm first . Mine has been spot on since I set at 0.6mm
                    1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                    2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                    2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

• Mine are set at 0.6 also , any wider and I get said misfire

Comment

• 20V / Simon , is this on the same BKR 7EIX-11 plug or the other version which I think is just BKR 7EIX? I wasn't sure if I should gap them down to as low as as 0.6mm from 1.1mm? Are you guys running the TFSI coils? Cheers

Comment

• I run the normal bkr7e set to 0.65mm and it Works like a charm. 2.3 bars of boost and allmost 600 hp without a problem. I run tfsi coils. And the Nice thing is that you get all 5 for the Price of 1 iridium
                          change Them avery time i change Oil so 5000-8000 km

Comment

• The reason for my concern at gapping the BKR7EIX-11 down to 0.7mm is because it's quite a decrease from the factory setting. NGK recommend not gapping a plug more than 000.8inch (0.2mm) in either direction. Going from the factory gap of 1.1mm to 0.7mm is 0.4mm of a decrease, so twice what is recommended. Something to do with the angle the ground strap is in, in relation to the electrode.

I'm just wanting to be sure that people who have run this plug with the factory 1.1mm gap have gapped them down to 0.7mm without any issues and also how long have they been run at this gap for? Thanks

Comment

• My normal BKR7EIX came with about 0.7mm gap. Gapped it to 0.6mm and work perfect.

I would not be changing 1.1mm down to 0.6mm. Just buy the proper ones. Not worth risking your engine.
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• I know what your saying, just annoyed I purchased the wrong ones. Do you know if these plugs are the same apart from the gapping? Are you running TFSI coils? So were you experiencing misfires at 0.7mm but running sweet at 0.6mm?

Comment

Working...
                                X