Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You pays your money and takes your choice. There are many views on this subject.
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• yeah i no but i was set on the remap but now seeing the good reviews the homefry has got and the price difference what makes the remapp justify the price difference there must be a reason
      3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

• Originally posted by stevieyid
        yeah i no but i was set on the remap but now seeing the good reviews the homefry has got and the price difference what makes the remapp justify the price difference there must be a reason

This was covered in a thread recently and i'm pretty sure it was a thread started by yourself with all the answers.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=remap

Comment

• thanks for that i didnt read through that thread properly sorry, i will now though thanks
          3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

• @ Paul
            Can the 3b ECU b done also? If so how much torque n brake?
            :fire: 2006 RS4 Quattro 420 bhp............. lurvley 4.2 V8
            94' Audi S2 aby, up and coming mods... RS2 hybrid turbo, manifold, intercooler and biger injectors.
            Look forward to the remap after the bits go on. :fire:

Comment

• Paul is only selling chips for the ABY as far as i know. 3B chips can be bought from either Mihnea or Doug_RS2. It will require the ECU to be sent off to them, and this process can take about 3-4 days depending on postage . Well worth the wait. Gains of about 275-280bhp with about 420Nm of torque, have driven a couple of Mihnea chipped 3B's and they were great to drive.
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• With de-cat pipes and a back box mine made 284BHP and 320lbs/ft of torque with one of Mihnea's chips. You won't regret having it done

Cheers,

Chris
                Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

• interesting thread!!!

Has anyone seen this tread from http://www.034efi.com/ ?

http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5112

Some intersting stuff on kkk/garrett hybrids. I have one on my RS2 that Mihnea remapped for me with devastating results (booked in for rolling road next week where car was previously 335 bhp with same turbo but standard map). Mihnea said that there was some surging as the turbo came on boost so he slightly reduced the boost but top end was superb.

I am plumping for a k26/gt3071 BB hybrid for my 10v UR (which has full RS2 motronic and injection set up) with a Pace 3-core chargecooler as I simply have not got the room for a bigger intercooler (the dialynx one is woefully inadequate....).
                  *1986 ur quattro,2.5 stroker
                  *1995 Nogaro Blue RS2,Md357
                  *1991 RR 20v quattro
                  *2000 Nogaro Blue RS4,RS6 turbos,tubulars,custom 3" downpipes,Miltek,FMIC,big injectors,RS6 big brakes,RNS-E satnav/TV,592bhp/600lbs

Comment

• Hi DamoM
                    Which hybrid turbo do you have?
                    What other mods have you done?
                    CheeRS
                    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

• Originally posted by BRY
                      Hi DamoM
                      Which hybrid turbo do you have?
                      What other mods have you done?
                      CheeRS

Don't have the turbo yet. The one on my car was supplied by Dialynx and 'rated' at 1.7 bar. Mihnea remapped the car and said that the turbo was a massive restriction and simply did not flow enough. The dialynx intercooler also restricted the boost that could be run because of high inlet temps but in any event the increased boost was not resulting in increased go!

Before the remap the car was showing 240 bhp atfw and Mihneas estimation was an extra 30 or so on top of that. It certainly feels like that.

My car is atrack day car only and so I have done loads of mods to make it go better, handle better and stop better. probably too many to list here or you will fall asleep!!

When I get round to it I will list the mods in my profile. If you have any specific questions then let me know!
                      *1986 ur quattro,2.5 stroker
                      *1995 Nogaro Blue RS2,Md357
                      *1991 RR 20v quattro
                      *2000 Nogaro Blue RS4,RS6 turbos,tubulars,custom 3" downpipes,Miltek,FMIC,big injectors,RS6 big brakes,RNS-E satnav/TV,592bhp/600lbs

Comment

• sms ecu for 3B?

Hello for everyone. I have a question very likely for Paul or Mihnea. One mate here ofering for me the 'sms' ecu for my 3B. The problem is that sms s2 3B was with kkk26/27 turbo, but mine car has the original kkk24. So the question would be: Is that sms ecu will be god for my car?
                        S2 coupe 92 3B panther black
                        81/85 coupe quattro 88 2.3 NG lago blue
                        81/85 audi 90 86 2.2 kv fwd tornado red

ur quattro RR... model 1:18 AutoArt

http://my.opera.com/renoks/albums/

Comment

• dont waste money in chip´s before....

Hi, I would like to explain my opinion about chip´s....

In my opinion we dont need expensive chip´s to manage the same injectors, why?
                          Cause the only way that the increase of the power came, is from boosting more pressure, and for that you dont need chip´s........why again?

Well, the chip´s only change the frecuency of the valve actuator for the wasgate, just to increase the boost pressure, and that mean power! In some chips you will find a little changes in the advance of the spark, but that only make your car power for maybe 1-2 HP, no more than 5 extra hp. (and detonation propense)

So if you want more power, just boost more pressure with a machanical valve (replacing the electronic one, maintaing electricly conected to avoid faults), plus a cheap boost gauge......... and voula .......... you have 280 hp

EVIDENCE: My two ABY S2 run in this mode for 30.000 kms without problems. One of the S2 work with:

KKK26 turbo charging 1.1 BAR (relative), 2.1 (absolut)
                          RS2 exhaust manifold ( just in case to avoid over heat piston #1-5)
                          FREE flow exhaust system without CATS
                          manual boost controller (10 euros)
                          provisory boost gauge (12 euros) came from the industry of gas!
                          Original CLEAN AIR FILTER, (K&N sucks)

Now I have 330-340HP in this car without a CHIP, stock injectors, stock motronic, stock flow meter.........puting 12.5 by g-tech pro, and 12.6 in a official drag racing track.... I love MOTRONIC, old, but efective.

question: when buy a chip? when you are going to change the injectors for power over 340 HP......... then Im going to call someone or MAYBE plug a MAP ECU piggy back ..........

Cheers

PS: If you dont know nothing about mechanic, forget what you have read and pay for a chip, cause you can kill your turbo, or even worst your engine! (very difficult with the original turbo, but who knows!) These frase will be loved by the tuners jajaja

Also I have done this before in my early FIAT punto GT ! good remembers... Motronic also
                          Last edited by Audi500HP; 22 October 2005, 00:43.
                          Audi S2 94 6 speed ABY-ADU 330hp, Lancia delta EVO2 mint
                          Dr.Ferdinand

Comment

• Jeeeeeezus, why have I spent around 50k euros learning Motronic's ins and outs when I could have done it as you did for so cheap????????????????

Thanks for your input.

By the way, why buy cross-drilled brake discs when you can drill them yourself with a 10 euro drill and a good drill bit???

Originally posted by Audi500HP

Cause the only way that the increase of the power came, is from boosting more pressure, and for that you dont need chip´s........why again?

Well, the chip´s only change the frecuency of the valve actuator for the wasgate, just to increase the boost pressure, and that mean power! In some chips you will find a little changes in the advance of the spark, but that only make your car power for maybe 1-2 HP, no more than 5 extra hp. (and detonation propense)

So if you want more power, just boost more pressure with a machanical valve (replacing the electronic one, maintaing electricly conected to avoid faults), plus a cheap boost gauge......... and voula .......... you have 280 hp

EVIDENCE: My two ABY S2 run in this mode for 30.000 kms without problems. One of the S2 work with:

Now I have 330-340HP in this car without a CHIP, stock injectors, stock motronic, stock flow meter.........puting 12.5 by g-tech pro, and 12.6 in a official drag racing track.... I love MOTRONIC, old, but efective.

question: when buy a chip? when you are going forward changing the injectors for power over 340 HP......... then Im going to call someone or MAYBE plug a MAP ECU piggy back ..........

Cheers

PS: If you dont know nothing about mechanic, forget what you have read and pay for a chip, cause you can kill your turbo, or even worst your engine! (very difficult with the original turbo, but who knows!) These frase will be loved by the tuners jajaja

Also I have done this before in my early FIAT punto GT ! good remembers... Motronic also
                            '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                            info@MRCTuning.com
                            Workshop Directions

Comment

• Minhea, i know that you will feel touch with my comment, but its my experience, I know that you know a lot........... so dont be irrespectful with the others "unexpert" guy............ I would like to talk with you in the campus of electronics and mechanics, cause i know a little bit in that............ sorry.... I build my own amplifiers, fry my own ROMS in my home, I have a computer business and i have been with cars from my 20 years.........

The original motronic system inthe ABY its sufficient intelligent to manage more mass air using the injectors at the limit, and that my Lord.... its the true!

Now with the Inteligent ECUS we are really in problems, cause they tend to be so inteligent that you cant do much more wihout sepending money in chips, for ex: the golf GTI ecu......... you boost too much and its says "no more air please" and close the electronic throttle ......... thats is a big problem!

Maybe you can fry NEW ECU more easily, maybe using the AGP tool devices, but it doesnt mean that the OLD ones sucks!

sorry guy, If you want to talk hard, we can talk hard, but with arguments...... and yeah S2 BREAKS sucks.............
                              Audi S2 94 6 speed ABY-ADU 330hp, Lancia delta EVO2 mint
                              Dr.Ferdinand

Comment

• Originally posted by Audi500HP

question: when buy a chip? when you are going to change the injectors for power over 340 HP......... then Im going to call someone or MAYBE plug a MAP ECU piggy back ..........

Cheers

Well, what can I tell.. Looks like all tuners are worthless I mean, like Mihnea told, why he spend 50k for studing if u can go to dye shop, buy few bolts, nuts and your s2 will be real 'group B beast' Oh, and special turbo gouge for 13e on S2
                                If my car would be old audi 100 with turbo, than yes, I would do on it your 'tuning', couse in some case u r right about mechanic turbo control, but wont do on mine s2 any cheap modifications simple becouse that she is S2
                                And Mihnea, The problem was and still is about sms ecu, that I dont know will that stuf be good on my 3b or no, couse I saw that sms car runing, it was complete oe, exept k26/27 and she was with max 1.3 bar boost. so if I would put sms ecu in mine s2 with k24, will be the same boost or much more higher? Or what? I'm a bit confused here..Sorry for stupid questions again
                                My 3B engine was rebuild, with RS main and rods bearings,metal head gasket, 7A ex cam. I got fuel preasure regulator of 7A, injectors of saab 2.3T(a few cc beter than RS and a Lot cheaper than RS, couse that kinds of saabs u can find in scrapyards). So now I'm looking for good chip's and that sms ecu looks very interesting for me. Future plans to get RS em (damn expensive) and k26/27 or holset turbo.
                                S2 coupe 92 3B panther black
                                81/85 coupe quattro 88 2.3 NG lago blue
                                81/85 audi 90 86 2.2 kv fwd tornado red

ur quattro RR... model 1:18 AutoArt

http://my.opera.com/renoks/albums/

Comment

Working...
                                X