Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Nugent!! i've sent you an email and pm!!

Comment

• BTW do I nead to change the waste gate spring? and do I have to go to a 3 bar map sensor when this chip goes in?? some one told me that that was a certain must.
      or is only the chip enough?
      jeroen.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeroen
        BTW do I nead to change the waste gate spring? and do I have to go to a 3 bar map sensor when this chip goes in?? some one told me that that was a certain must.
        jeroen.
        Chill!!! Paul sorts everything that the ecu needs and simply posts it back to you ready for plugging in!
        Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

BTW do I nead to change the waste gate spring? and do I have to go to a 3 bar map sensor when this chip goes in?? some one told me that that was a certain must.
          jeroen.
          ABY S2 upgrades work on stock 250kPa sensor - the K24 can't cope with anymore boost than that of course. Upgrade works with factory WG spring with absolutely no adjustment required. I'll PM you a reply on more specific details...

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• thanks man!

Comment

• you still alive paul??

Comment

jeroen.

Jeroen, where are you from? Holland?
                '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                info@MRCTuning.com
                Workshop Directions

Comment

• yup inderdaad man! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net
                    ABY S2 upgrades work on stock 250kPa sensor - the K24 can't cope with anymore boost than that of course. Upgrade works with factory WG spring with absolutely no adjustment required. I'll PM you a reply on more specific details...

Paul

With a 3B engine do you need to upgrade the Map Sensor
                    to a 250kPa sensor as part of the homefry ECU upgrade to
                    allow for the increase in boost

91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

Comment

• Yes, I think this is part of Paul's package for the 3B.
                      SS

Comment

• Yes that is a must. The 3B only comes with a poxy 2 bar MAP sensor, and this need to be removed and replaced with a 2.5 bar version.
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Originally posted by audiman
                          Yes that is a must. The 3B only comes with a poxy 2 bar MAP sensor, and this need to be removed and replaced with a 2.5 bar version.
                          Are there many, or any, examples of 3B's running and using 3.0 bar sensors, on this forum? I've heard of some in the U.S.

It seems most of the cars using 3.0 bar sensors are direct ignition style AAN/ADU/etc.
                          Kenneth
                          1990 Coupe quattro
                          1991 200q20v x 2
                          1985 4ksq 20vt project
                          1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                          2006 Honda Ridgeline
                          1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

• It depends on the boost level. I have a 3B with a 3bar MAP sensor, but that cos i run 2 bar boost, the chip can be altered to suit a 3bar MAP sensor if thats all that is avaliable
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Does the EM really matter when it comes to mapping? I mean - suppose I chenge the EM to a better one but keep the everything else - won't I just get better spool up? Why would the mapping be affected? I honestly can't say that I understand why a 7A cam needs mapping either. Isn't it just affecting HOW the turbo builds up pressure and not HOW MUCH pressure? As I see it everything on the exhaust side won't effect the mapping BUT you can probably get even more HP if you map it with a different ex cam and EM. The question here is - am I dead wrong here?

Comment

• @Henka: a 7A exhaust cam doesn't affect the amount of boost that the turbo is making, but the amount of air that the engine flows at wide open throttle, and this needs a remap, because there is no way to make a chip for the stock cam and for the 7A one at the same time, it just cannot be made.

HTH,

Mihnea
                                '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                                info@MRCTuning.com
                                Workshop Directions

Comment

Working...
                                X