Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah - I remember that Mihnea - we pulled off the slip road, onto the roundabout, into the service station - started moving then floored it in 1st and the kick wasn't till the high rpm - can't remember how high but it must have been getting close to 5k - it went well in 2nd though

I think that was the only time I floored it in 1st
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

ah i see now, the turbine is too small not using the k29. so another ? for u

straight K26 with #6hot side, max power and spool up

K26/27 with #8hot side max power and spool up

then straight RS2

I will get this in the end i am sure
      S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

Comment

Originally posted by Paulm
        [B]ah i see now, the turbine is too small not using the k29. so another ? for u

straight K26 with #6hot side, max power and spool up
        280HP, boost from 3300 RPM-on, very poor choice!!!

K26/27 with #8hot side max power and spool up
        about 400 HP, boost from about 3700-3800-on, good choice if HP means everything and not torque.

then straight RS2
        about 360-370 HP, boost from 2800 RPM in the higher gears (3000-3200 in the lower gears), best compromise between low-end torque and HP.

Cheers,

mihnea
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea your a star m8

RS2 turbo it is then AGAIN

Paul
          S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

Comment

HP

Hi all!

The hp figures I´ve read states that the K26/27#6 turbine house and 48mm compressor inlet diameter can boost up to 380hp. With the larger compressor housing 54mm it can get up to about 400hp. The biggest K26/27 is capable of about 420-430 hp.

I´m running the bigger version and I´m getting full boost at 3.7-3.8k rpm, full boost is about 1.6-1.7 bar. Although I wont give this statement in writing (been a while since the car was running ) I´m fairly sure about this. Maybe my EM and too small IC could be a reason to the earlier boost??

But anyway I personally feel it´s a bit too "laggy" but I got it cheap and my goal is to fall on the right side of the 400hp mark .

mvh

/Mike
            /Mike
            ---------------------------------------
            S2 RS Avant@355hp "For sale"
            A4 Avant TDIq@170hp
            Datsun 240Z@550hp
            BMW M3 race car@321hp
            Garage

Comment

Im running the K26/27 #6 hot side on an RS2 manifold. I get MAX torque at 4000 rpm. Its quite laggy. Nothing happens hardly until 3000 rpm then it builds up steam and flys after about 3800rpm.

The one thing this is good for is town driving, its good on fuel. No need to have huge boost, well 1.8bar, in 30 limits

If i had my choice again, i might consider going for the 26/27/29 combo. As when i drive it hard the revs never drop below 4000rpm anyways!

But on the other hand the RS2 turbo is more than capable of giving tons of torque. I have had experience, just dont go over 2.1 bar!! Hey Steve
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                Im running the K26/27 #6 hot side on an RS2 manifold. I get MAX torque at 4000 rpm. Its quite laggy. Nothing happens hardly until 3000 rpm then it builds up steam and flys after about 3800rpm.

The one thing this is good for is town driving, its good on fuel. No need to have huge boost, well 1.8bar, in 30 limits

If i had my choice again, i might consider going for the 26/27/29 combo. As when i drive it hard the revs never drop below 4000rpm anyways!

But on the other hand the RS2 turbo is more than capable of giving tons of torque. I have had experience, just dont go over 2.1 bar!! Hey Steve

Boy, if you need a #8 hot side, it can just be swapped from your existing turbo and I can get them from Germany.

Boost will come in a bit higher but due to the reduced back pressure, we'll be able to run more boost safely for an even better top-end!

Lemme know if ya need one Oh and log on to MSN so we can have chat m8

'98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                info@MRCTuning.com
                Workshop Directions

Comment

no reply from PM so i will ask here..

if i fit rs2 turbo and manifold to my stock s2 aby, how much for a homefry to run them iteas? same as a normal homefry? will i need a few remaps? if i do, will each remap cost me the same amount as a homefry chip or... ?

im a little new and trying to find out what's going on and what the best procedure is to get a rs2 turbo working correctly.
                  ABY Coupe
                  sigpic

Comment

i think the fires are all mapped for a standard car. u will need a custom mapping
                    Coupe

Comment

The man you need to speak to for the mapping of that is Mihnea who can do a cutom map for you

Greg
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I take it my car will be needed for this...

so let me get this right, please correct me if im wrong...

install turbo n manifold
                        install homefry
                        have homefry mapped

have i got it right?
                        ABY Coupe
                        sigpic

Comment

I belive Paul N (s2central) and Mihnea both have generic maps for a stock ABY with just a bolted on RS2 Turbo? I have this set up which works fine! Ask Ski?
                          Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

they dont seem to be around.. maybe on holidays or something...

I will just save my million and 1 questions for this feb meeting... which i cant wait for
                            ABY Coupe
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ski
                              they dont seem to be around.. maybe on holidays or something...

I will just save my million and 1 questions for this feb meeting... which i cant wait for
                              Sorry, I was away on holiday for tuning S2s

Anyway, Paul has a generic setup for ABYs equipped with RS2 turbo and/or exhaust manifold. The setup has been dynoed at 296 HP on Sal's car and 300+ (I can't remember how much exactly) on Glen's...

If you want more, more is possible, but only with RS2 injectors and intercooler, as well as custom remapping, generic chips for such setups are too risky IMO and I won't do one.

HTH,

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
                              info@MRCTuning.com
                              Workshop Directions

Comment

The setup has been dynoed at 296 HP on Sal's car and 300+ (I can't remember how much exactly) on Glen's...
                                [/B]
                                207KW (276BHP i think it works out to be?) was the first and only figure i recorded at the wheels which was calculated to be 325 BHP @ the flywheel.

But this was suffering from a bit of heat soak. I convinced the operator to let me run the big fan constantly not just when running it up coupled with the heater on full chat too the power just kept rising untill i had to give up due to being out of time!

Peak Run was 337 BHP but consistantly 330 + BHP with 475NM this was just recovering from heat soak.

Result is it goes quite well!!!

(Oh i tell a lie i have a K & N panel filter too!)
                                Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Working...
                                X